Introduction into Guipure Lace
Who is it for and how to wear guipure dresses?
Want to update your wardrobe and don't know how? Add another highlight to your outfits, and think about purchasing a guipure dress. Undoubtedly, they will make any girl more feminine, and along the way will give her a certain charm.
Despite the French name, guipure comes from Italy and denotes openwork fabric.
Elastic and strong threads are intertwined at its base, which form a net with their openwork patterns.
That is, in fact, this is a special type of lace, for the creation of which floral ornaments are used, which are still relevant today. To put on a guipure product, you need to have a lot of courage. If a girl is devoid of self-confidence, then it is better to abandon the idea of acquiring it in advance. However, a compromise can always be found. Almost always, under such a thing, you can put on a basic thing as a lining so that the fabric does not shine.
Light and graceful guipure can captivate young girls with its romance, and give older ladies the effect of restraint and elegance. But, more on that in order.
Types and styles
In past centuries, ladies were very fond of this delicate fabric, and all because it legally gave them a little forbidden sexuality. Because of this, they tried to hide it under layers of outerwear. Fortunately, those days are long gone, and women have found the opportunity to openly admire their ability to seduce. Guipure dresses come in handy for this.
In terms of functionality, this fabric is no different from the rest, so the imagination of designers regarding its use is truly unlimited:
- Sheath dress is an indispensable item in a lady's wardrobe. It can be worn for a business meeting and used for a social event. It looks simple but elegant. Visually emphasizes vertical lines, and, therefore, gives the image style and sophistication. In this case, lace adds a little more elegance;
- Babydoll, or doll dress. Expresses childish naivety, and at the same time, provocative sexuality. This high-waisted short lace product imposes certain restrictions, because it is worn by very young girls and very young women;
- Lace sundress - light clothes with straps, touching with its airiness. This is a good option for weekdays;
- Trumpet dress. It is narrow at the top, and widens at the bottom. Often such a pattern is used to sew wedding dresses from guipure or satin. Thanks to its coatoh, this outfit clearly emphasizes the lines of the figure;
- Smok, the main feature of which is the presence of a large number of frills falling from the chest line. It is just above the knee and has a free bottom. As for the bodice and sleeves, it all depends on the imagination of the creator of the outfit;
- A la princess. Such a dress can be chosen for a girl and a young woman, focusing on guipure elements. A feature of this outfit is a fluffy skirt. Despite the large amount of lace, the girl does not look childish at all. On the contrary, it is perfect for making mom and daughter look the same;
- A tunic with a short and loose cut. In this case, guipure adds a hippie touch to the look. Its versatility is manifested in the fact that, if desired, it can be worn along with trousers;
- Shift dress is one of the best options for obese women, especially when there are vertical guipure inserts. It is short in style, slightly loose, so it hides excess weight in the waist area and makes curvy legs slim. As a result, the girl looks gorgeous.
How to choose?
Having learned about the styles, you need to figure out how to choose the right guipure dress so that the new thing fits beautifully. It is not necessary to go into descriptions of body types. It is better to specifically understand how you can emphasize certain parts of the body.
- A long guipure dress suits tall girls, but it should be discarded for those whose buttocks are not too voluminous;
- For fat ladies with a bulging tummy, an outfit with a high waist is suitable. This will visually shift the belt line upwards, and accordingly, this zone will appear thinner;
- When a girl has small breasts, the bodice area can be highlighted with guipure decoration, folds and frills;
- If you have wide hips, look for a flared model;
- Tight hips are easy too. It is enough to find a bow in which the guipure skirt would be in the shape of a bell;
- Short options can look vulgar on weekdays, so if you have a perfect figure and slender legs, it's best to wear them for a party;
- The neckline can be really emphasized with different cutouts. The shape of the neck determines how the shoulders and arms will look;
- To look more sexy, you need to open your back, or find a product with guipure inserts in this area of the body.
How to wear?
Now it remains to understand on what occasion you can put on a dress in order to always look appropriate. Generally speaking, guipure is considered a luxurious fabric. Therefore, wedding and evening dresses are made from it. Wedding options look great regardless of the model. Firstly, this is influenced by the snow-white color, although recently all shades of purple, caramel, peach and pale pink have been fashionable. Secondly, this fabric goes well with satin,tulle, decorative beads and stones.
Evening dresses do not have to be completely laced, because there are beautiful models with decorations or guipure inserts. They are also not limited to the classic red and black color. You should pay attention to silver, blue, turquoise, purple, wine shades.
There are no restrictions on how to sew a guipure dress for a special occasion, as long as it is with the correct lining. The Internet is just replete with comments on photos where the stars shine in lace bows with inappropriate underwear. If there is no desire to look naked and vulgar, then it is better to decide this issue in advance. Although, very opinionated girls are allowed to ignore this topic.
There is a myth that textured fabrics are allegedly not suitable for obese women. This is not entirely true. It all depends on what outfit the donkey chooses.
That is, the harmony of style and structure is important here. If you can't find something suitable, then you can sew it to order. They say that guipure bows are taboo for a business lady. Not a fact.
Here, for example, a tandem looks very stylish, in which there is an openwork sheath dress and a strict jacket. But if you want to go out for a walk, you can create a cute look by wearing a light lace outfit.
Guipure style: what is it like?
For women, their appearance is extremely important, so they strive to look stylish in any situation. The creation of a particular image does not require much knowledge. Sometimes it is enough to study photos of celebrities in a magazine, or just search for relevant information.
Guipure blends harmoniously into almost every style, see for yourself:
- Country. A feature of this trend is red cowboy boots, a hat and all kinds of leather accessories. In this case, a short beige dress, a denim vest, boots, a belt and a shoulder bag are suitable;
- Hippie: characterized by all sorts of Native American elements (Aztec patterns, feathers, suede accessories). You can take either a very short or longest outfit here. The guipure pattern also matters. It is important that it is geometric. Fabrics can be milky, chocolate, soft gray. They are combined with sandals and a headband. You can wear a long chain with hippie pendants around your neck;
- The boho direction is characterized by a multi-layered clothing. Here you can advocate a combination of guipure with chiffon, cotton, linen, bows, frills, decorative flowers, bows. That is, a very extensive flight of fantasy is allowed. This style uses vintage shoes, rustic old shoes, or thin sandals made of rough leather;
- A girl can also wear a fatal image. To do this, you need to combine a leather jacket, black ankle boots with metal buckles, a handbag with rivets or spikes, and for contrast,white short dress;
- The lingerie style uses guipure decoration more for accent than for the base of the bow. In this case, you need to know when to stop so that the woman looks gentle, stylish and sexy, and not provocative and vulgar. Therefore, it is better to combine an outfit with a bolero or a fancy jacket.
Guipure dress is a constant trend. Therefore, it should find its place in every girl's wardrobe.