CHORD ANALYSIS & HOW TO IMPROVISE: TAKE THE A TRAIN
What to take on the train?
Train travel is always an adventure. It is associated with the exorbitant romance of the scenery outside the window and, at the same time, with some inconveniences associated with the peculiarities of travel by this type of transport.
Packing suitcases for the trip, everyone wondered - what should you take with you on the train? Even people with extensive experience of such trips cannot always formulate a clear list, since situations are different and it is impossible to foresee everything.
There are many articles on this topic on the Internet. The authors advise you to take along a fairly impressive list of necessities . But can you do without them on the road? It's good to be always ready for all kinds of situations, but the problem is that if you collect all the things recommended for a train trip, you get an impressive bag.
How to travel light?
The situation is considered when a person needs to spend 5 hours of daytime on the train or more. In fact, the list of things that are usually recommended to take on the road can be cut in half. This will free your hands of excess luggage and reduce the weight of your shared luggage.
All items intended for use on the train, including food and entertainment, must fit in one small bag, which is prudently not placed in luggage along with other bags. The main rule of everything that goes into this package is compactness.
What food should I take on the train?
On a long journey, you will definitely want to eat. If the journey takes less than a day, it is quite possible to get by with a small stock of food. Often grilled chicken, canned soups, instant noodles and other dishes are taken on the train. It may be delicious, but this food is not very acceptable on a train.
Firstly, it is an obsessive smell that spreads throughout the car. Not all passengers are comfortable traveling in such conditions and soaked in such aromas. And also - it is not very hygienic, since greasy hands do not always have the opportunity to immediately wash after a meal because of the queue to the toilet. Due to the rocking of the carriage, you can accidentally stain clothes and other things, spill broth, and in summer food also quickly deteriorates.
Therefore, it is better to choose something from this list from food to train:
- biscuits, pastries, croissants;
- sandwiches (preferably prepared at home) made from butter, cheese, sausage or chicken fillets. In summer they can be put in special cooling bags;
- sliced hard cheese;
- yogurt, kefir (only if you intend to drink it in the near future);
- cottage cheese with sour cream, curd mass, other fermented milk products;
- fruits, vegetables (apples, pears, peaches, tomatoes, cucumbers are allowed);
- ready-made vegetable salads.
Any products must be carefully packed in containers or cling film to avoid getting on clothes or other things from the package. It is worth considering the air temperature on the train and the storage time of food. In summer, in ordinary cars without air conditioning, the heat is disproportionate.
Many people often ask: is it possible to take a knife on the train? The answer is that it is possible, but if it is envisaged to cross the state border, then it is better to cut all the products at home in order to avoid unnecessary questions when inspecting things. For travel, the best is a camping, folding knife. It is compact and does not need to be wrapped with a towel or napkins to avoid damaging anything.
You must also have drinking water without gas, at least 1.5 liters (and in summer - more), but you should not refuse tea or coffee prepared by the conductor - boiling water on the trains makes the drink especially tasty, and the products taken from home will be a great addition.
For an adult who does not need to take specific medications, it will be enough to take on the road:
- Ibuprofen - 1 tablet tablet. This remedy will relieve headaches, reduce fever, relieve ARVI symptoms, stop the inflammatory process in the body - that is, they can replace several drugs at once;
- Smecta - 2-3 packages. This remedy will relieve diarrhea, bloating and heartburn along the way;
- Corvalation - 1 disc. Cardiovascular diseases are more common among adults, so, just in case, it is better to have a remedy with you that will restore normal heart function and relieve chest pain on the road.
This ends the list. These few plates can be placed in the side compartment of a small purse, they will not weigh it down, but will be very useful in some unforeseen situations.
If we are talking about traveling light, then it would be advisable to wear at home those clothes that will be comfortable to wear on the train. In summer, products from thin, necessarily cotton material will be relevant.
Of course, if the journey takes a day or more, you need to take care of a change, as the clothes will get wrinkled and lose their fresh look. In winter, you need to take light slippers with you, as it is not very convenient to constantly put on and take off boots or lace-up boots.
Many people take a laptop or tablet with them on a trip. These gadgets replace a lot of technology, and with Internet access they become an inexhaustible source of entertainment - you need to remember to take a charger and headphones with you.
At the same time, during the trip, you can do what for a long time did not reach . For example, organize some documents, clean the desktop, filter photos, revise the materials necessary for work.
What else do you need?
Some resources advise you to take your own bedding with you. They rely on feedback from people who complain about dirty and damp train kits. But bed linen will take up a lot of space in the bag and add extra pounds. In this case, there is only one piece of advice - if you come across a poor-quality kit, you should boldly ask the conductor to replace it to the option that suits you. If you refuse, you can threaten to contact the head of the train.
- toothbrush and toothpaste - preferably small, you can take a tube, which ends, rolled up;
- there is no point in taking a towel, since it comes with the bed linen;
- toilet paper, tablecloth, hand and hygiene towels can be replaced with just two things - 1 large pack of dry wipes and 1 medium pack of wet wipes. In summer, they will need a little more than in winter. Practice shows that there are enough of them for all manipulations - as a last resort, napkins can be purchased from the guide;
- as for the comb, it is better to take a compact, round one on the other end of which there is a small mirror;
- a bar of soap is really a must, since it is usually dirty, smudged or none at all in train toilets. Hands should be washed often, since the train is a crowded place. In summer, the risk of gastrointestinal infection increases, and in winter you can catch SARS.
About bag and security
Even the most plausible passengers and neighbors may not be clean on their hands. Therefore, in the conditions of the train, it is better to be especially vigilant. In addition to general luggage and a bag of things for use on the train, you need to have a small bag with you.
- wallet, credit cards;
- mobile phone;
- valuable jewelry.
This luggage must always and under any conditions be carried with you, even if you need to go to the conductor for half a minute to order tea.
It is not recommended to put this bag under the head at night - many times thieves used it and stole it unnoticed by the owner. Better to put your luggage in the shelf where you sleep. Another option is to place the bag near your belly and wrap it in a blanket or sheet (in summer) along with it.
Traveling with a child contributes tobaggage adjustments. You need to think about what to do with your baby during the trip. If working with a laptop is not yet available to him, he can buy coloring books, take with him small constructors, which take some children almost 2 hours. The purchase of antibacterial wipes or spray will be relevant. The smallest on the road need to take a stuffed toy from home. Its familiar scent will make it easier to cope with unfamiliar conditions.
Consequently, if a person finds it difficult to endure the lack of comfort even during the day, he really needs to take a large list of necessary things - from bed linen to micellar water. At the same time, you need to be prepared for the fact that their volume will be equal to the average luggage bag, and it will be noticeable in weight.
And for those who allow some hardship, a small package with really necessary things will be enough to have a good time on the train.