9 Quick And Easy Recipes To Pack For A Picnic • Tasty
What to cook if you are going on a picnic
A picnic in nature is a pleasant rest, which each of us does not hesitate to associate with a delicious treat. What is included in the menu, each housewife decides for herself - it can be two or three recipes or a feast, the main thing is that you and your loved ones do not stay hungry!
Getting ready for vacation
When deciding what to cook for a picnic in nature, choose dishes with a rich and memorable taste, use marinades, spices, a lot of fresh herbs. The main course is usually a kebab or at least a baked potato, and if you don't cook meat on an open fire, bring cold meat dishes with you for sandwiches.
Don't be afraid to take too much bread with you - experience shows that this product ends up faster than you expected. Also stock up on drinks, plastic dishes and napkins.
The menu for picnics in nature should take into account that you will have to treat yourself, holding the dishes in your hands, on your knees, on cardboard stands. Therefore, soups are initially excluded from it, except perhaps for hot chicken broth from a thermos, which warms up perfectly in the cool season.
Chicken broth in a thermos
Ingredients for 1 liter:
- chicken breast (half);
- chicken wing - 1 pc .;
- chicken leg - 1 pc .;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- carrots - ½ pcs .;
- parsley root - a piece the size of a finger;
- parsley and dill;
- sweet peas - 2 pcs .;
- salt - 1 level teaspoon;
- a pinch of black pepper turmeric powder.
- wash the chicken pieces, burn the leg over the fire, remove the hard skin, trim the claws;
- pour cold water over 1.2 liters, put on medium heat;
- peel carrots and parsley, pass the roots through a meat grinder or three on a fine grater;
- into the broth, from which we skimmed after boiling,throw in the roots and a peeled whole onion, reduce the heat to minimum;
- after 10 minutes add chopped herbs, salt and spices, cover with a lid, remove from heat;
- pour the finished broth into a thermos scalded with boiling water, where it will perfectly infuse on spicy aromas.
Outdoor picnic snack recipes
The good thing about the snack is that it can be cooked a little for each portion - this dish is designed to increase the appetite before the main one. You should definitely take snacks with you if you plan to cook on the grill or fire, because while your kebab is ready, you will feel the desire to have something to eat more than once. We invite you to try culinary recipes for a spicy, spicy and hearty snack.
Spicy Garlic and Cheese Sandwiches
Ingredients per serving:
- wheat and rye bread - 50 g each;
- butter - 40 g;
- hard cheese - 50 g;
- lettuce or spinach, basil, ketchup, garlic clove.
- slice bread across the loaf, then cut each piece diagonally;
- dry in a toaster or oven, you can in a frying pan without oil, but only lightly, do not make crackers;
- rub each piece with garlic on one side, brush with butter and ketchup;
- grate cheese on a coarse grater or make slices with a vegetable peeler and place on bread;
- top with a generous amount of fresh basil, cover with a piece of lettuce;
- wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap to maintain its shape and freshness.
Spicy herring with melted cheese
- spicy salted fat herring - 1 pc .;
- hard processed cheese - 3 pcs .;
- Cahors for marinade - 1 glass;
- tomatoes - 2 pcs .;
- bread, fresh cilantro.
- clean the herring , cut without skin, cut into pieces the size of a matchbox;
- pour wine into a deep non-metallic bowl, put the pieces, cover with a foil or a lid, put in the refrigerator overnight;
- the next day we strain the pickled pieces from the wine;
- cut the processed cheese crosswise and again lengthwise to make 4 flat wide slices;
- cut the tomatoes into circles, discard the liquid with the seeds;
- put cheese, herring, cilantro, a circle of tomato on the squares of bread;
- fasten it with a toothpick, put it on a dish and ptightly tighten with cling film.
Hearty millet and smoked chicken snack
- millet - 100 g;
- smoked chicken leg - 1 pc .;
- strong pickles - 2 pcs .;
- vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- fresh herbs, chili powder, salt, garlic.
- rinse millet 5 times in running water;
- pour boiling water over and boil until half cooked, when the grain has not yet opened;
- drain the water, add half a glass of water or milk, cover with a lid, evaporate on the smallest heat for 10 minutes, then without fire for the same amount, beat with a spatula into a fluffy mass;
- cut the smoked chicken meat from the leg into cubes, peel the pickled cucumbers and also cut them;
- season the cooled millet porridge with butter, meat with cucumbers, add chopped herbs and spices;
- for a picnic we take fresh crispy bread and this sandwich mass, you can add mayonnaise or ketchup sauce.
What are we going to make a picnic salad with?
Salads are great dishes for a picnic in nature, because they are easy to prepare (cut, season), they are tasty and satisfying, they perfectly complement any meat, be it a shish kebab, a grilled cutlet or a fatty steak.
We invite you to select recipes by ingredients.
So, salads can be:
- smoked chicken, tomatoes, bell peppers with olive oil and mustard dressing;
- made from smoked cheese, boiled potatoes and carrots, fresh cucumber with sour cream dressing;
- with radish, ham, pickled mushrooms and hard eggs with a dressing of vegetable oil, vinegar and black pepper;
- with boiled chicken breast, oranges and spinach, seasoned with olive oil and grain mustard;
- made from small pasta, tomatoes, lightly salted salmon with lemon juice and vegetable oil dressing;
- from beets, tuna, sweet peppers, fresh carrots and herbs topped with lemon juice and mayonnaise;
- ham, beans, canned corn, red onions, seasoned with ketchup and vegetable oil;
- from Chinese cabbage, cherry tomatoes, low-fat cottage cheese, cilantro with sour cream and mayonnaise dressing;
- of shrimp, lettuce, tomatoes and herbs with a dressing of vegetable oil, sesame seeds and lemon juice.
As you can see, you can create a varied menu for a picnic in nature and do without boring vinaigrette!
There is one important point: salads have a short lead time, only about 3 hours, that is, to cookthey are highly undesirable the next day. If you don't have enough time before a picnic, mix most of the food and store in the refrigerator, and add herbs and dressing according to the recipe before meals - this will keep the effect of the fresh taste, and the salad itself will not run out of juice.
Recipes for a picnic in nature, try to choose a variety of products that do not repeat, then the treat will bring maximum pleasure to you and your loved ones!