Transudate vs exudate | Respiratory system diseases | NCLEX-RN | Khan Academy
What is the peculiarity of exudative catarrhal diathesis?
Exudative, or exudative-catarrhal diathesis is not a disease. In this case, this term means a feature of the baby's body. The latter consists in a predisposition to the development of certain pathological conditions, the main of which are allergic reactions. In medicine, this feature is also called allergic diathesis.
the cause of exudative catarrhal diathesis in children
The role in the occurrence of this condition is played by heredity, features of the course of pregnancy, the perinatal period, the first months of life.
Here is the systematized information about provoking factors:
- Hereditary (genetic) predisposition. This moment plays an important role. In a family where parents suffer from allergies, the likelihood of having a child with the same pathology increases (75%). Usually, children born in such marriages are prone to sensitization, which even at an early age manifests itself as exudative diathesis;
- Adverse situations during pregnancy. These include toxicosis of various forms and at different periods, increased pharmacological (medication) loads, smoking, and the use of alcoholic beverages. Absolutely all of these factors can lead to diathesis in children;
- Improper nutrition of a woman while carrying a baby and during breastfeeding. A particular danger is the use of products with high allergenicity. These include chocolate, fish, nuts, citrus fruits, milk protein, seafood, eggs, peanuts, legumes, as well as some berries (strawberries, strawberries, raspberries) and exotic fruits;
- A predisposition to the development of allergies can also arise when the conditions of family life are favorable to it. Trigger factors provoking diathesis in babies are: unsanitary conditions, pets, synthetic children's clothing and underwear, household chemicals, low-quality toys. That is, baby care should be very thorough;
- Complications in the perinatal period. These include hypoxia (lack of oxygen) during delivery, endocrine pathologies of the fetus and newborn, birth trauma, infection of the baby;
- The qualifications of the family doctor and the quality of medical care play a role. Prescribing drugs and polypharmacy to infants without strict indications also contribute to the development of the disorder;
- Overfeeding the baby.It is worth noting that parents are often overly caring, but such good intentions can have very different consequences.
We have listed the predisposing factors that increase the development of the disorder.
As for pathogenic causes, in children, exudative-catarrhal diathesis often occurs due to insufficient preparedness of the digestive system, low enzymatic activity, with a deficiency of immunoglobulin A in the intestinal walls.
If you do not overfeed the baby, then his digestive tract will cope with the stress, otherwise part of the food is not digested, the foreign protein is absorbed into the blood in an unchanged form.
As a result, the immune system reacts to the intake of such a protein with the production of IgE antibodies, which manifests itself in a pronounced allergic reaction.
Symptoms of exudative catarrhal diathesis
The classic manifestation of this disorder is allergic dermatitis. The latter includes in its symptoms local hyperemia of the skin, which, it should be noted, is most often found on the face, in the cheeks. Also, signs of allergic dermatitis include excessive dryness of the skin and their flaking. This disease is also characterized by the morphological elements of the rash - vesicles, papules. The baby develops gneiss, there are diaper rash in the skin folds, for example, in the gluteal region, under the knees, in the armpits.
Very often, the disease in children affects the conjunctiva of the eyes and the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx. The mucous membrane of the eye suffers from itching and burning, which is localized under the eyelids. There is also swelling, conjunctival hyperemia, and in severe cases of the disease, photophobia is observed - a painful reaction to bright light.
When the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx is affected, allergic rhinitis develops, which is characterized by mucous discharge from the nasal passages and impaired nasal breathing.
Very rarely, but nevertheless it happens, damage to the respiratory system, suggesting the addition of an asthmatic component.
Very often, diathesis is manifested due to food allergies, therefore, it may be accompanied by a symptomatic picture of enterocolitis. Parents can notice this quite easily, as the baby becomes restless, he has bloating, frequent regurgitation, diarrhea or constipation. Older children complain of nausea, abdominal pain, stool disturbances, flatulence.
In adults, exudative diathesis in most cases proceeds as atopic dermatitis. Various allergic reactions (food intolerance to fish or chocolate, dust allergy, hay fever, asthma) in adults are also a consequence of a predisposition (allergic diathesis) in childhood, but formally such pathologies are not considered diathesis, because they are represented by independent nosological units. / p>
excrement treatmentudative catarrhal diathesis
The basis of treatment for children is elimination therapy.
To understand how the latter works, you need to familiarize yourself with the risk factors listed above:
- Preventive measures are recommended to start even before the baby is born, that is, during pregnancy. The expectant mother should give up bad habits, as well as limit or eliminate allergenic foods from the diet. These rules must be adhered to during lactation. Also, if possible, you need to reduce the pharmacological load on the body;
- In order for the elimination of food allergens to be successful, a pregnant, lactating woman and, accordingly, a child needs to take enterosorbents. Treatment of exudative diathesis in pediatrics is recommended to be carried out with a drug such as Enterosgel . It has a sorption and detoxification effect on the body, and also has a selective activity to allergens, therefore it does not affect other substances except irritants;
- It is necessary to monitor the living conditions of the child, for example, put an air purifier and humidifier in his room. Buy clothes and bedding made from natural materials that do not contain dyes. It is very important to control the nutrition of the crumbs, in particular the size of the portions, because we have already said above that an increase in the volume of food entering the body, especially with mixed feeding, is a provoking factor in the development of a disorder.
Nursing care involves planning and implementation of medical care measures at home in case of exudative-catarrhal diathesis. That is, to avoid indirect effects on the body of the crumbs (poisoning, viruses, etc.).
Above we have listed what a nursing process should look like. The implementation of the listed recommendations allows you to leave the violation in the past, to exclude sensitization in adolescence and adolescence.
It should be noted that the manifestations of allergies in young men and adults do not go away on their own and, as a rule, end with the development of exudative diathesis in the form of allergic pathologies that require hyposensitizing immunotherapy.