Why Real Truffles Are So Expensive | So Expensive
What is a pig mushroom?
There are more and more people who love not only to eat mushrooms, but also to collect them. True, not all individuals know which plants are poisonous and which are not. Therefore, before going to quiet hunt , it is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the mushrooms that grow in your area.
Today we will consider only one inhabitant of the forest - the pig mushroom, we will find out whether it is edible or not, whether it is worth using it in cooking.
Finding out , are the pigs poisonous or not
Pig mushrooms are also popularly called dunky , it sounds rude, but somehow familiar. They are usually found in large quantities and eaten both fresh and after freezing.
Not so long ago, information began to appear that thin pigs are poisonous mushrooms and should not be collected. There is an opinion that the plant contains harmful substances and if mushrooms are consumed too often, then toxins accumulate in the blood and negatively affect the body, especially the eyes.
It is also believed that after cooking and other heat treatment, the harmful properties of products do not disappear.
Another type of fungus - fat pig, is less common in nature, hunted usually in August-September, grows in the same place as its poisonous relative, but in it no toxins found. A distinctive feature of the edible plant is a black velvet leg, the pulp is dense. The fat pig has a sweetish taste. It is consumed both fresh and for preparing first and second courses, casseroles.
In general, we can conclude that our today's hero is relatively edible: one type of mushroom will not harm the body, while the other can have a negative effect on the organs of vision. So, when collecting pigs, be careful. And for those who are sure that they brought home an edible product, let's talk about how to cook pigs deliciously.
Talking about how to salt pigs
Some housewives simply wash the collected mushrooms, cut them into pieces and send them to the freezer. But pigs can be salted very tasty. Let's talk about how to cook an edible salted mushroom.
For salting you need:
- 1 kg of pigs;
- 10 dill twigs;
- black currant leaves - 3 pcs .;
- black peppercorns - 5 pcs .;
- salt - 50 g;
- 5 garlic cloves
Let's start cooking:
- Rinse the mushrooms under strong water, removing visible dirt, then soak for 5 hours in cold salted liquid;
- When the time is up, boil the pigs in the water in which they have been soaked for 5 minutes, then change the liquid to a new one, leave to soak for another 5 hours;
- Boil the mushrooms for half an hour, then fill with fresh water, leave for 5 hours;
- Boil the pigs for the third time for 40 minutes;
- Pour fresh water into a saucepan and boil the mushrooms until tender;
- Throw the finished product in a colander, let the excess water drain;
- Place the mushrooms in sterilized jars, placing them in this way: a layer of pigs, on top a layer of garlic, pepper, chopped currant leaves and salt. Then repeat;
- After that, boiling water is poured into the jar, oppression is put on top and in this form the container is left for 3 hours;
- When the time is up, you need to close the jars with plastic lids and send them to a cool place, where the temperature is no higher than plus 8 degrees, to salty. This will take a month and a half. Then you can eat the mushrooms.
Cooking pickled pigs
There are many cooking options, consider a classic recipe. To create a dish, take:
- 1 kg of mushrooms;
- dill umbrellas - 2 pcs .;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- sugar and salt 1 tbsp each L.
- 3 bay leaves;
- carnation - 3 pcs .;
- table vinegar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- peppercorns - 5 pcs .;
- clean water - 1 l.
Let's start cooking:
- The first thing to do is rinse the pigs. To do this, clean and remove visible dirt from the fungi, then place them in a basin and fill with water. Soak them for at least 30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with your hands;
- Now inspect your loot . If the mushrooms are very large, cut them open. Then put in a saucepan and cover with cold water and leave for 24 hours. It is advisable to change the liquid a couple of times;
- In the morning, drain the water, add new liquid to the pan, salt strongly. Now the contents of the pan need to be boiled for at least 40 minutes;
- When the time is up, drain the water and rinse the pigs;
- Soak mushrooms for another 60 minutes;
- While they are soaking, prepare the marinade: dilute salt and sugar in 1 liter of water, add vinegar, add pepper, bay leaf and cloves;
- Using a colander, drain the liquid from the mushrooms, let the excess drain;
- Send the pigs to the pot, pour the marinade;
- Put the container on gas, boil and let it simmer for a quarter of an hour;
- Add chopped garlic and dill to the pan with an umbrella, cook everything for 1 minute and remove the container from heat.
You can eat the resulting dish in a week, if you wish, put the mushrooms in jars and sunsetleave for the winter. By the way, the nutritional value of the snack is about 70 kcal per 100 grams, quite a bit, but how delicious.
These are the simple recipes for preparing pigs for storage. Cook with pleasure, bon appetit!