What Causes Chest Pain When It's Not Your Heart
What does chest pain indicate?
Many women have experienced certain discomfort that occurs during different periods of the menstrual cycle, or rather, painful sensations in the chest. At a certain time, this phenomenon is considered quite normal and does not require increased attention to itself.
However, why do nipples on the chest hurt during menstruation? This question worries many of the fair sex.
Looking for the reason
There is no definite answer to the question of the origin of pain, but there are a number of the most common reasons :
- Inconvenient underwear. It often happens that, giving preference to beauty, women forget about the convenience of a bra. As a result, an attractive bodice with push-up and underwire only causes discomfort;
- Colds (chapping);
- PMS is the most common cause;
- Nervous strain;
- Dry nipples;
- Presence of a cyst;
- Towel stiffness;
- Chlorinated water;
- Unsuitable hygiene products (soap, shower gel, cream);
- Improper breastfeeding;
- Vascular spasm;
- Breast surgery;
- Rapid arrival of milk during breastfeeding;
- Nipple hypersensitivity;
- Skin hardening;
- Allergic reaction.
Why does my chest hurt before ovulation and menstruation
Most often, women experience pain before menstruation, but sometimes uncomfortable sensations haunt a woman both during and after them.
Breasts change throughout life :
- During pregnancy;
- During breastfeeding;
- After childbirth.
This is due to the fact that the hormonal background of a woman periodically changes, which is influenced by prolactin, estrogen and progesterone. The balance of these several hormones affects breast changes.
It should be noted that they are actively produced during menstruation and during ovulation, respectively, and pain occurs most often at this time.
In the second stage, menstrualIn the second cycle, before ovulation, the sensitivity of the breasts and nipples increases significantly. Profiling occurs, that is, the amount of epithelium increases in the lobules and ducts of the breast.
Blood circulation becomes stronger, edema appears, density, as a result of which the mammary glands increase in size.
If a woman is healthy, then these signs are not expressed clearly and do not interfere with continuing to lead a habitual lifestyle.
Pain during menstruation
Before menstruation, the glandular tissue grows significantly. It takes time for her to bounce back. Usually pain subsides in the last days of menstruation . However, to be sure that everything is in order with the body, you need to visit a doctor.
After all, a symptom that is too pronounced may be a sign of a latent pathology :
- Hormonal imbalance. The specialist must determine whether it is caused by the fact that a woman is going through a certain period of the menstrual cycle, or by the fact that the work of the corresponding glands is disrupted;
- Gynecological diseases. Quite often, diseases of this area are characterized by chest pain.
Stop pain before your period
If the symptom ceases to bother before menstruation, then this is a sign that the woman is not pregnant. When the phenomenon is observed regularly, hormonal imbalance is possible.
Pain in different periods, regardless of the cycle, may indicate pregnancy, inflammation or stretching of the chest muscles, as well as a cold or hypothermia.
Symptoms can also indicate more serious causes, such as ectopic pregnancy, mastopathy, breast cancer, inflammation or infection of the mammary glands.
Why does it hurt only under the left breast?
Among the most frequent complaints voiced to doctors, there is pain only under the left breast. This phenomenon may be a symptom of a serious pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, heart, spleen, pancreas, etc.
The main reasons why it hurts only under the left breast :
- Heart attack. May occur due to thrombosis or embolism of the spleen, rheumatism, coronary heart disease, endocarditis, portal hypertension;
- Cyst / abscess / trauma / rupture of the spleen;
- Infectious mononucleosis;
- Torsion of the legs of the spleen.
Among gastrointestinal diseases it is necessary to highlight :
- Diseases of the small intestine, accompanied by dull and aching pain;
- Stomach ulcer;
- Dyspepsia with pain and nausea;
- Hernia of the esophageal opening of the diaphragm;
- Gastrointestinal oncology.
Pain can be caused by diseases in the field of cardiology :
- Angina pectoris;
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- Aortic aneurysm;
- Mitral valve prolapse;
- Intercostal neuralgia.
In addition, the following disorders and pathologies can be distinguished:
- Vegeto-vascular dystonia;
- Cyst / fibroadenoma / breast abscess.
It is worth paying serious attention to this problem, contacting a specialist and conducting a comprehensive examination and diagnosis. Regardless of the nature of the pain and its intensity, you need to identify the cause of this condition.
Pain can be :
- Strengthen with movements and loads;
Each type of pain is characteristic of certain diseases, and their nature will help the specialist to make an accurate diagnosis.
Thus, the answer to the question why the chest hurts before and after ovulation is very simple - hormones that are actively produced during this period are to blame. This condition can be perceived normally if it is not too pronounced and stops immediately after the end of your period.
If the chest hurts only on the left side, then this is a sign of serious disorders in the functioning of the body and a reason for an urgent visit to a doctor.