Dr. Oz's Anti-Allergy Diet
What can you eat for allergies
Recently, there has been a surge in allergic diseases caused by environmental degradation and the introduction of various dyes and flavorings into the composition of products. Therefore, the question of whether allergies can be treated for many seems to be quite topical.
How to cure allergies
Allergy is an increased sensitivity of the body to a certain group of substances. The disease manifests itself regardless of age. Often, in one family, hypersensitivity to a certain product is constantly observed. Sometimes, an elderly person suddenly becomes susceptible to, for example, the action of pollen.
One of the most frequently asked questions: can you get an allergy? Fortunately, the pathology is not transmitted, since it is by no means caused by the penetration of pathogenic microbes into the body. Therefore, you cannot get infected with this ailment.
However, it is impossible and completely healed. Modern medicine does not know the exact reasons for the appearance of the disease and therefore has not yet found a way to reliably deal with it. But knowing exactly which substance is causing the problem, you can reduce the likelihood of possible contact and completely eliminate the pronounced signs of the disease.
Hypersensitivity to food is especially common. Sometimes it is not possible to find out which food ingredient is the allergen. Therefore, it is easier to use ingredients that do not have allergenic properties when compiling the menu.
Food for allergies: list of allowed ingredients
Don't be upset, the list of hypoallergenic products is quite wide. Therefore, the diet will not be affected, and health will receive reliable support. All food components, depending on the degree of allergenicity, are divided into 3 groups.
Most often, negative reactions are caused by:
- caviar, seafood, some types of fish;
- whole milk products and cheeses;
- smoked products;
- canned food;
- pickled ingredients;
- hot spices;
- too much salt;
- fruits and vegetables colored orange and red;
- carbonated drinks;
- chewing gum;
- some dried fruits;
- flavored yoghurts;
- cocoa, chocolate and coffee;
- alcoholic beverages.
In addition, this list must include ingredients that are unusual for the place of residence. It is advisable to completely exclude these products from the diet before detecting an allergen.
The diet may contain a limited amount of moderately allergenic components. These include:
- cereals such as rye or wheat, buckwheat and corn;
- lamb, horse meat, rabbit meat, turkey and pork;
- apricots and peaches, cranberries, lingonberries and currants, watermelon, bananas;
- potato tubers, legumes, green peppers and peas;
- herbal teas.
But, in an unlimited amount, you can introduce low-allergenic ingredients into the diet:
- fermented milk components;
- chicken, beef and lean pork, boiled or stewed;
- some types of sea fish - cod, perch;
- cereal bread;
- all types of cabbage;
- green salad;
- parsley and dill;
- oatmeal, rice, pearl barley and semolina;
- sunflower and olive oil;
- gooseberries, green apples, white cherries and currants, pears;
- lightly brewed tea;
- mineral water without carbon dioxide.
This list will be useful to any person suffering from hypersensitivity. It is especially important to adhere to a well-designed menu for pregnant women. A negative reaction not only harms the mother, but can negatively affect the development of the baby.
If any person can drink a drug, eliminating the symptoms of the disease, taking pharmacological drugs during pregnancy is not recommended. What can pregnant women drink from allergies is decided only by the doctor and in an emergency situation, not only the health, but also the life of the woman and her unborn child is at risk.
Is it possible to die from allergies: the rapid development of a negative reaction
Most often, the disease is manifested by a chronic runny nose, cough, skin rash and itching. Sometimes the course of the disease is complicated by tissue edema. It is advisable to know exactly what you can drink from an allergic attack to reduce the risk of complications.
One of them is Quincke's edema. Pathology develops rapidly, causing severe edema of adipose and mucous tissue. The seizure rate varies significantly from a few minutes to several hours. Most often, edema develops in the larynx region, which quickly causes asphyxia. If a person is not urgently provided with assistance, he may dienet.
How to Eliminate Dangerous Foods
The selection of a hypoallergenic diet should be carried out individually and necessarily under the supervision of a doctor. The menu design principle is quite simple.
A nonspecific hypoallergenic diet with foods that have a minimal chance of causing a negative reaction is followed for 2-3 weeks. If during this time there has been no exacerbation of the pathology, they begin to introduce products with an average index of allergenicity, and then with a high one every 3 days.
When the disease resumes, the product is excluded from the diet. The selection of a competent diet can take a long time, since often the disease is caused not by one, but by several food components.
The following rules must be adhered to while creating the program:
- diversify the diet within the permitted limits;
- don't overeat;
- do not introduce new products into the menu more often than 1 time in 3 days, as the reaction can be revealed only after the accumulation of the required amount of allergen in the body.
By the way, allergies can be caused not only by food, but also by cosmetics and even water.
Is it possible to swim in case of allergies: the danger of water procedures
Fortunately, official medicine does not find any harm to water procedures for hypersensitivity. Of course, in case of an exacerbation with severe skin rashes, you have to give up the shower for a while.
But, only until the effect of the allergen can be neutralized :
- To reduce the risk of spreading skin rashes, it is enough to adhere to the water temperature of 37 ° C when bathing and do not use scrubs and washcloths. At the end of the procedure, gently dry the skin with a soft cotton towel and lubricate with a nourishing or moisturizing cream;
- It is allowed to use non-irritating detergents. To do this, each purchased shampoo or gel is tested on the inner surface of the wrist or elbow. Specially formulated hypoallergenic agents with anti-inflammatory properties are currently available;
- In case of recurrence, it is recommended to swim with the use of detergents no more than once a week, the rest of the time, ablution with water is sufficient. If hygiene is neglected, pathogens will quickly begin to multiply on the skin, which will significantly aggravate the patient's condition;
- Great attention should be paid to water. Hard chlorinated water can also irritate the skin. Currently, cases of allergy to lake, rain, drinking water and even snow have been identified. True, it is worth clarifying that when examining such patients, it was often found that the negative effect on the body was explained not by an allergic, but by an autoimmune reaction.
In any case, the symptoms of alEnergy cannot be ignored, as well as self-medication. It is recommended to identify the cause as soon as possible and try to reduce the risk of recurrence.