Jonathan Cahn: The Harbinger Decoded (Part 1) (May 26, 2014)
What are the harbingers of imminent birth?
For a woman preparing to become a mother, the upcoming childbirth is joy, excitement, and anticipation. In the second half of pregnancy, she already begins to think about how to understand that this event is already close, because it does not always start exactly after 40 weeks. After 38 weeks, the baby may decide to be born at any time.
A little physiology
This process is very responsible, so nature made sure that the expectant mother could find out about it in advance, as the harbingers of imminent birth will say. It is important to know what they can be, to learn to listen to your body. Even mothers with many children say that all childbirth proceeded differently, but there were always signals of an imminent birth.
Changes in a woman's body before childbirth are largely due to hormonal changes. Throughout pregnancy, it is controlled by progesterone, which ensures normal gestation. Over time, the placenta ages, and the production of this hormone is significantly reduced.
The reins of government are given to estrogen, which is responsible for preparing for labor. At the end of pregnancy, its content in the blood is maximal, the brain is given a signal that labor is about to begin. The body begins to prepare for them, undergoing changes that affect the general condition of the expectant mother, and these manifestations are considered harbingers of the upcoming event.
All signs that an important event is near can be divided into two categories depending on their severity and frequency of manifestation.
These include precursors that appear brightly, it is difficult not to notice them:
- Lowered belly . Future mothers have been guided by it for a long time. This phenomenon has an explanation from the point of view of anatomy. When the baby is in the womb, head down, closer to childbirth, he moves to the birth canal, and his head drops slightly lower. The top of the uterus also descends, no longer exerting such pressure on the stomach and lungs. Women can notice the drooping of the abdomen not only visually, but also by their sensations - their breathing is facilitated. In some cases, the expectant mother may have a protruding navel, stretch the skin of the abdomen;
- Strengthen the selection . It may be small, but if inAs you observe the behavior of your body, you will definitely notice this sign. This phenomenon is associated with the detachment of a part of the fetal bladder from the uterine walls. Sometimes it makes a woman worry about whether fetal waters are leaking. You can check if this is the case with a rapid amniotic fluid test;
- Upset stomach . This is one of the clear harbingers that childbirth is coming soon. There is an explanation for this condition - the woman's body seeks to cleanse itself before an important process. Frequent urination may also occur;
- Exit the mucous plug . This discharge is thicker in consistency than usual. They can be transparent or have a color - yellowish, cream, pinkish, brownish. Pay attention to the blood streaks in the mucus. Their presence means that labor will begin no later than within 2 days, but, most likely, within 1 day. The absence of bloody inclusions means that there is about a week left before the baby is born. Doctors recommend contacting a doctor if bloody streaks in the mucus are found;
- Training contractions are also clear harbingers of the upcoming birth. Their difference from real contractions is irregularity, absence of pain, and their duration is not the same. Training contractions are preparation of the uterus for childbirth, which is on the way, if the body gives such a signal.
They can be called such conditionally. This is due to the fact that such precursors can appear quite pronounced, but a woman sometimes sees in them just the peculiarities of pregnancy.
To a greater extent, this concerns primiparous expectant mothers who encounter such a condition for the first time:
- Altered cervix . Usually this phenomenon does not affect the state of health in any way. This sign is classified as anatomical, and only a doctor can identify it. If you notice other harbingers, you can see a doctor who will determine if changes are taking place. Before the upcoming event, the neck begins to open, preparing for the fact that the child will move through it. During this period, the fetus becomes vulnerable, so the mother should refrain from taking baths, preferring the shower;
- Pulling sensations in the lower back, abdomen, associated with stretching of the ligaments In multiparous women, this phenomenon may not come as a surprise. For those who are preparing for the birth of a baby for the first time, it may seem that this is a common discomfort of pregnant women;
- Posture . When the uterus descends, the center of gravity shifts, as a result of which the woman's posture becomes very graceful - the head can be thrown back, the chest and abdomenstep forward even more;
- Weight loss . By the end of pregnancy, the swelling subsides, so on the scales you may notice that you have become lighter by 1-1.5 kg. Throughout your pregnancy, you've probably noticed that sock elastic leaves a mark. Before the birth of a child, this trace should noticeably decrease;
- Emotional state. Intrauterine development of the child, the rampage of hormones, which is associated with this, lead to the fact that throughout the entire period of gestation, many women experience frequent mood swings, unreasonable fun or sadness, bringing to tears. Before giving birth, expectant mothers often show depression and apathy. These phenomena are accompanied by fatigue. They can last for several days. Get more rest - you have a responsible job ahead of you. This phenomenon exists for a woman to rest, gain strength and mobilize them. Do not be afraid if you are overcome by tearfulness, resentment, irritability, but try to tune in to the positive.
Harbingers of the imminent birth of a baby can be perceived and interpreted in different ways depending on whether the woman has experience.
What do primiparous and multiparous women need to know?
If this event occurs for the first time, the harbingers of imminent birth, which appear in primiparous, may be ignored or not recognized at all. It is characteristic that in such cases the features may be somewhat blurred. Sometimes it is difficult to determine the time of the baby's birth by them, because they can be celebrated 1-2 weeks before the event.
Some primiparas may be excited by training contractions, and emotional changes are often associated with the course of pregnancy. It is worth remembering that not all of the above precursors can appear at the same time.
For women who are preparing to become mothers not for the first time, perhaps, it is a little easier. Due to the fact that their cervix has a slightly larger lumen, the precursors of imminent labor are recognized in multiparous women faster and more clearly.
This is due to a higher level of sensitivity to hormonal changes, and therefore the signs are expressed more clearly. For example, they have an increased amount of mucus, they already know what real contractions are and perceive training as they are.
With repeated childbirth, precursors usually appear several days before the pregnancy is resolved, and the process itself, as a rule, proceeds faster and easier (provided there are no pathologies and complications).
Be sensitive to yourself and your body, start to listen more carefully to your feelings by the 38th week of gestation, do not panic, do not be nervous and then nature will tell you when your baby is ready to meet with vami.