Детские качели своими руками. Children's swing with their own hands.
We make children's swing with our own hands
If you have a child and want to diversify his leisure time, then try making a children's swing. For children, and even adults, this is guaranteed to be a lot of fun. All you need in this business is a little free space in the country or in the yard, the desire to make such fun with your own hands, a simple tool and the material itself.
The strongest structures, of course, are metal, but since not every dad has access to a welding machine, you can make a children's outdoor swing out of wood. Therefore, when choosing a material, be guided first of all by your capabilities. For the same reasons, choose what to take for the supports - metal pipes or wooden beams.
It depends on the material how long the children's swing built with your own hands will serve you and your family. If it is a tree, then it must be dry. It is worth choosing coniferous wood, as it is stronger. And of course it is worth soaking it with a decay and insect repellent.
When building a swing with your own hands, you should also consider for children what age the structure is being made. If for small ones, then you can put single posts. And if older children or adults will swing, then the supports are made in the form of a triangle of two pillars and a connecting crossbar between them. At the same time, the buried part of the beams is coated with hot tar and covered with roofing material.
So, we have decided on the material, now we proceed to the construction of the structure itself:
- Processing the pillars. At the ends of the pillars that will be our top, we cut out the grooves into which the crossbar will be inserted. The notch is made strictly to the size of the crossbar, be it a pipe or a log. The pillars for support must be taken at least half a meter longer than the height that was originally planned for the swing. The pillars will be buried for these half a meter;
- Digging holes for the posts. If the support is single, then there will be two pits, if a triangle, then four. Before putting the pillar in the hole, first we fill it with crushed stone or broken brick and carefully ram it. The pillars, for greater strength, are poured with concrete from above;
- Making the crossbars. If you use a log as a crossbar, then you first need to strengthen the hooks into it, on which the rope will then be hung. In this case, it is better to make the fastenings for the rope through, so that they pass throughthe entire diameter of the crossbeam. Indeed, in the process of use, the force multiplied by the vibrations will press down on the hooks, and in response they will try to jump out of the crossbar. To avoid this, attach the hooks to the other side of the bar. Instead of hooks, you can also use special carabiners capable of withstanding a total weight of up to 300-500 kilograms. If you are making a metal swing for children, you can use a metal rod instead of a rope. But the cable cannot be used, since if even one thread breaks, it can be very traumatic;
- Choosing a seat. It shouldn't be overly massive. Everyone knows that small children sometimes swing their dolls and teddy bears on a swing. If the seat is heavy, or God forbid, with metal corners, then such games can injure the kid in vain. Anything will do for the seat, a few knocked down wooden planks, a piece of sturdy plastic, a skateboard, a car tire, an old chair seat. Ample field for creative imagination.
One of the important conditions when installing a swing is a free area around it. After all, children often do not wait for the seat to stop rocking and jump off it on the go.
How to make a swing on a tree?
By the way, if you want to make a swing, you can make the whole process much easier for yourself - just by looking at a suitable tree in the garden. One thick branch capable of withstanding a load of three hundred kilograms, a car tire or a seat from an old chair and, please, child's play is ready.
Only then make sure that the branch is really reliable, and in one treacherous moment it will not break under the pressure of a rolling child. This is easy to do. Invite your friends or family to hang from the tree, and if the branch does not crunch, consider that your baby swing is half built. For such a swing, instead of a rope, it is better to use chains or knit the rope not to a branch, but to hooks or rings.
Children's swing-balance weights or swing-scales are another variety that children really like and can be easily made with their own hands. Children's swing balancer can be both wooden and metal. If the base is metal, then the support is additionally poured with concrete.
Balance beams made of logs are more stable, due to their heaviness and some massiveness.
To make them you will need:
- thick log;
- two beams;
- board about three meters;
- two wooden handle strips.
Use two beams to fix the log to the ground. In its center, drill a hole for the pin, and then fix the board on the log with the pin. Nail the handle strips on both sides of the board. Further, you can leave everything as it is, or you can work a little more and make the seats out of rubber, plastic or removable underears.
In order for such a swing to be safe for children, when building it, adhere to the following recommendations:
- select a level platform for the balancer;
- the minimum size of the site must be two meters;
- the seat with the child must be raised by a maximum of one meter above the ground;
- the elements are made so that they cannot pinch the fingers, hands, and other parts of the child's body;
- sand all the details;
- place pillows under the child's seat.
Here's our swing and you're done. Let's ride ?!