Useful and harmful carbohydrates: how to choose the right one
If you follow your figure, of course, you will pay attention to the amount of carbohydrates consumed. It would seem that everything is simple: the more carbohydrates, the worse for the figure and health. But this is not the case. After all, these substances are necessary for the body. The whole question is, what and in what quantities?
The engine of our body
Carbohydrates are the main suppliers of energy for our body.
We need these connections for the nervous system to function normally, to have enough strength for everything, the body to work properly.
Therefore, it is absolutely impossible not to use them. You just have to choose the right ratio of carbohydrates in foods.
Negative and positive
The first - monosaccharides and disaccharides, are quickly processed and enter the bloodstream. Of course, the brain is immediately fed by the incoming glucose. But the point is, how quickly they move in, so quickly they leave. And the body remains hungry again.
These are refined compounds, they carry a lot of useless calories, and at the same time lead to a decrease in essential nutrients. These include fructose, sucrose, lactose, glucose, maltose, galactose.
What can be said about these substances:
- glucose must be in the body. It is necessary for the nutrition of muscles and brain tissues. The blood glucose must always be at a normal level, otherwise health problems will arise;
- lactose is completely absorbed, unless there is a deficiency of the enzyme lactase. Lactose is broken down into glucose and galactose. If it does not break down, then intestinal problems may appear;
- sucrose is a disaccharide of glucose and fructose. It prevents blood clots, arthritis, helps the spleen and liver;
- fructose helps in the fight for healthy teeth and gums, strengthens the immune system;
- galactose and maltose nourish our organs.
And the latter are compound substances, polysaccharides, unrefined compounds. Their transformation into simple sugars is very slow, so the body receives energy for a long time. These include pectins (like in apple peel), starchy juices (like potato juice), glycogen (like gelatin, marmalade), and fiber (seed cake or cabbage head). When they are digested, there is no harmful jump in sugar in the bloodstream.
Let's take a closer look at these substances:
- pectins are necessary to maintain the digestive tract in normal condition;
- fiber helps to eliminate bad cholesterol from our body;
- starch fights tumors, supports immunity;
- glycogen energizes the liver, heart, brain.
Which foods contain complex and which simple carbohydrates?
Keep a list of good foods in the kitchen
Products with the most useful compounds:
- cereals and cereals;
- vegetables - cabbage species (all), paprika, leeks, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, beans (pod);
- whole grain pasta;
- legumes - peas, lentils, beans;
- fruits - peach, orange, grapefruit, apple, peach, kiwi;
- bran bread;
- berries - plum, cherry, currant.
These foods contain the most useful compounds. Now let's learn about simple carbohydrates.
Which foods contain a lot of simple carbohydrates:
- buns, pies;
- white bread - pure wheat flour contains a lot of sugar;
- fruit juices;
- ice cream;
- rice, any: both white and brown;
- some fruits - watermelon, melon, dates, pineapple, bananas;
- some vegetables - pumpkin, boiled carrots, turnips.
Now you know which foods are low in harmful carbohydrates and which are high. Thus, complex compounds are useful, they must be used. But it is impossible without fast carbohydrates, they also have useful properties. And besides, sometimes the brain just needs to recharge itself quickly, then the quick ones will help - in the form of candy.
What foods have the most fast carbs?
Of course, in our favorites - sweets, cakes and pastries. Therefore, if you do not want to acquire health problems, you need to consume very little of them. Conversely, foods that contain complex compounds should be consumed more often.
Much depends on the situation, for example, if you have a long working day ahead, it is better to have breakfast with porridge. Then the energy expenditure will be like that of a healthy person, sugar will rise slowly in the blood, and you will not want to eat in two hours.
If you need to urgently strengthen yourself before the exam, eat chocolate. Sugar will rise sharply and the body will receive a lot of energy.
As you can see, our body needs both those and other substances. But you need to use simple ones in moderation. And you don't need to follow the complex ones so carefully.