Choosing The Right Hair Color For Your Skin Tone
Types of hair coloring: how to make the right choice
Hair is a highlight in every woman's look. And in order to always look great, many women dye their hair. Indeed, in this way, you can not only radically change your image, but also revive dull strands.
In addition, thanks to the high-quality colored curls, you can correct some of the flaws in your appearance.
For example, the rich red color can mask the pale skin that makes your appearance sore. As you can see, the procedure that allows you to change the tone of the strands has quite a lot of advantages, and if you are determined to change something in your appearance, then today we will tell you how to do it correctly.
But before we start exploring ways to change the tone of the strands, let's look at some of the most common mistakes women can make when dyeing curls at home:
- do not think that the color obtained after the procedure will be one hundred percent the same as that which you saw on the package. Therefore, in order to avoid such disappointments, we advise you to use special layouts when choosing a color, which can be found in any cosmetic store. By the way, a test hair coloring is a pretty good way to check the color. To do this, you need to select a small strand closer to the neck and try paint on it. If the color suits you, then you can paint the whole head already;
- it is imperative to carry out an allergy test before using new paint. For this, a small amount of the drug is applied to the inside of the elbow. If no irritation appears within 24 hours, then you can safely use this paint;
- in order for the hair color to turn out to be even, you should not apply paint on dirty or lacquered strands. Be sure to comb your curls well before applying the paint. Attention! Do not use conditioner before the procedure, because the coloring matter can react with the particles of the conditioner and the result can be very original;
- never dye your eyebrowsor eyelashes. The fact is that under the influence of such chemical compounds, cilia can generally fall out. In addition, when trying to paint like this, paint can get into the eyes and the consequences of such a hit can be very sad.
I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that it is not recommended to use anti-dandruff shampoos for colored hair. The reason in this case is quite simple: there are quite strong cleansing elements in such cosmetics. So after using such products, be prepared for the paint to wash off much faster.
Types of hair colors
Before starting the procedure, you should pay special attention to the quality of the paint.
Today, all drugs can be conditionally divided into two groups: persistent and gentle. And of course, each type has its own advantages and disadvantages.
For example, permanent dyes contain more powerful oxidants that damage curls more.
But at the same time, the undoubted advantage of such a coloring agent is durability. But gentle paints do much less harm to your curls due to the lower concentration of the oxidant. However, the color will be washed off after about ten shampooing procedures.
Hair coloring: modern types
Now, as for the types of hair dyeing themselves.
These days, the following main types can be distinguished:
- classic coloring . In this case, no special techniques are used. You just apply the color evenly to each strand. As a result, the color is monochromatic;
- highlights . In this case, some strands are dyed in a lighter shade;
- coloring . The difference between this method and melting is small. It's just that when coloring, individual strands are not lightened, but painted in any color. So if you want colorful strands, then coloring is exactly what you were looking for;
- lighten . This method is suitable for those who wish to change the tone from dark to light. A characteristic feature of the procedure is that special solutions are used before it. And only after using them, you can dye curls in a light shade;
- 3D coloring. This option cannot be done at home, since in this case special holographic means are used.
And today we will take a closer look at such modern methods of coloring in more detail as ombre, shatush and balayazh .
Ombre hair coloring
This coloring has been very popular for several years now. Its essence lies in the fact that the color from roots to tips gradually becomes lighter and lighter.... Such a gradient makes your image original and you will undoubtedly attract the eyes of a strong half of humanity.
By the way, if you want to add a touch of extravagance to your image, then you can not only lighten the curls, but add several strands of bright blue or green shades to your natural color. I must say that red and crimson shades are very popular. And in this case, painting ombre looks very original.
Balayage hair coloring
In this case, each strand is processed separately. A separate shade is selected for each of them. In this case, the roots remain a darker shade. In general, alternating strands look quite original. By the way, it is advisable to do such coloring in the salon, since you need not only to paint every strand with high quality, but also to choose the right shades correctly. After all, your hair should be combined with the main color type of appearance.
Attention! This trendy color depends on the length of the hair. So, if you have rather long curls, then start dyeing from the middle. But the owners of short haircuts lighten only the ends. Otherwise, your hair will look disorganized.
Types of hair coloring: shatush
A feature of this painting method is the alternation of dark and light strands. In this case, the master needs to properly shade the paint so that the result is the effect of burnt curls.
The undoubted advantage of this method is the creation of a natural image. So if you want to get a light romantic image as a result, then perhaps you should pay attention to this particular method. But do not forget that half of the success in this case is the right choice of a specialist.
Therefore, do not rush to paint the first master you see in the salon. It will be best if you ask around your friends and through this word of mouth radio you will find yourself an excellent specialist.
Features of hair coloring for brunettes
The issue of changing the shade of hair is quite painful for brunettes, since it is quite difficult to interrupt their natural shade with cosmetics.
Therefore, if you want to change the color from a brunette to a blonde, you must do it in the salon.
The procedure itself takes place in several stages. For example, if the curls are lightened with an acid wash, then it must be applied several times to the curls.
In this case, the interval between two applications should be at least two weeks.
The need for such a long process is explained quite simply: acid wash can cause significant harm to your curls, so in order for each hair to have time to recover, you need to take such a break.
You are also quite popular.burning dark pigment with peroxide. But this method is quite traumatic for our hair. So if you decide to resort to a similar method, then be prepared for the fact that after such a procedure, the health of your hair will need to be restored for a long time.
As you can see, there are quite a few types of dyeing curls. Therefore, before resorting to one of them, be sure to weigh all the pros and cons. At the same time, do not forget that all the procedures that you decide to do in the salon should be performed by an experienced master. Otherwise, your curls can be seriously damaged.
So choose a paint type, a good artist and enjoy your new beautiful reflection in the mirror. Good luck!