Practicing Tanning on Raw Hide Rabbit Furs
Tips for those who don't know how to pickle a rabbit
Most people associate rabbit meat with a diet that is ideal for feeding small children and sick citizens. But no one even thinks about making a fragrant rabbit kebab. But in vain! If you know the proven marinade recipes, then the dish will turn out to be just great.
So let's talk today about how to properly marinate a rabbit to keep the meat juicy.
Cooking a wine marinade for rabbit meat
Rabbit carcass can be marinated in a variety of fillings, but the first recipe we'll discuss requires the use of wine.
To cook barbecue you will need:
- rabbit meat - 2 kg;
- dry white wine - 0.6 l;
- ground red pepper - 1/4 teaspoon;
- mustard - 1 tsp;
- 1 tsp salt
Now let's talk about how to pickle a rabbit in wine in stages:
- Rinse the meat thoroughly and cut into portions of the desired size. Do not grind it too much, otherwise the kebab will turn out to be dry, no marinade will save it. If possible, remove the large bones from the rabbit meat;
- Take a deep bowl and put the prepared pieces of meat into it, after having coated each with mustard;
- Sprinkle the rabbit meat on top with salt and ground pepper, stir the contents of the bowl with your hands;
- Pour wine into a bowl and stir again. It is recommended to marinate meat for at least an hour.
This is how you can pickle a rabbit in wine. After the rabbit meat is saturated with marinade, it only needs to be planted on a skewer. And to make the meat juicy and aromatic, during cooking, season it with the remnants of the marinade. The shashlik will taste incomparable and the question of how to marinate a rabbit appetizingly will disappear by itself.
Marinating a rabbit in sour cream
You can also make a marinade for a rabbit kebab from sour cream.
To do this, take the following components (per 1 kg of meat):
- sour cream not too thick - 500 ml;
- onion - 2-3 heads;
- large tomato - 1 pc .;
- garlic cloves - 2-3 pcs .;
- your favorite seasonings for your taste, about 1 tsp each, the same amount of salt.
Pour sour cream into a deep bowl, add chopped garlic cloves there, withand favorite spices (red and black pepper, cumin, coriander, etc. are recommended). Mix all ingredients.
Peel the onion, cut into thick rings. Wash the tomato and also chop it into rings.
Put the previously washed and cut meat into the prepared marinade. Stir the contents of the bowl until the entire rabbit is covered with the fill. Add chopped onions and tomatoes to the container. Stir lightly again and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
As soon as time runs out, you can string meat. It is recommended to do this, alternating rabbit meat with rings of tomatoes and onions. That's the whole secret. Now you know how to pickle a rabbit in sour cream, let's move on!
Marinating a rabbit in kefir
Kefir is considered a very traditional and familiar product for making marinade. Chicken, pork, and, in general, any meat are soaked in it, and rabbit meat will be no exception.
To cook a rabbit in kefir you will need:
- meat - 2 kg (you can take fillets);
- kefir - 1 l;
- bulbs - 2 pcs .;
- garlic cloves - 2-3 pcs .;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp l .;
- salt and spices of your choice.
An animal pickled in this way will be very tender.
Step by step the cooking process will look like this:
- Rinse meat, cut into medium sized pieces;
- In a deep bowl, combine kefir, olive oil, garlic, salt and spices passed through a press;
- Place the meat in the resulting marinade and mix everything thoroughly;
- Chop the onion into rings and sprinkle with rabbit meat. You no longer need to stir the ingredients;
- Place a bowl of kebabs in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, ideally overnight. Then the rabbit marinated in kefir can be skewered and fried over an open fire.
Marinating rabbit meat for smoking
Of course, barbecue is tasty and appetizing, but if you eat it constantly, then even it becomes boring. Therefore, if you want to add variety and eat something new, learn to smoke meat.
And for those who do not know how to properly pickle a rabbit for smoking, let's talk the recipe further.
For cooking you need:
- animal carcass;
- salt - 1 tbsp l .;
- sugar - 1.5 tbsp l .;
- lavrushka - 2-3 leaves;
- garlic cloves - 3 pcs .;
- ground ginger - ½ tbsp. l .;
- clean water - 2.5 l;
- peppercorns - 4 pcs.
If you have all the ingredients, you can start cooking:
- Thoroughly rinse the animal's carcass, cut and carefully remove the ribs. To make the meat juicy and melt in your mouth, you need to hang it in a room with goodventilation and temperature within plus 10 degrees. In this form, rabbit meat should be about 48 hours;
- When two days have passed, you can prepare the fill, it will be warm. To do this, heat water in a saucepan and add salt, sugar, favorite spices, lavrushka, peppercorns and chopped garlic there. When the salt and sugar are completely dissolved in the liquid, then remove the dishes from the gas stove, place the divided rabbit there. The meat should be completely hidden under water. Cover the pot and marinate for at least 24 hours. Do not forget to turn the rabbit meat, so it is better saturated with the fill;
- In a day, the meat will be ready for smoking, however, before the procedure, it is recommended to hang the carcass for a couple of hours to ventilate in a draft. This will allow excess fluid to drain. Then you can send the dish to the smokehouse. It is recommended to sprinkle the remaining marinade on the rabbit meat during cooking so that it does not dry out.
That's all the recipes for today. Now you know how to properly marinate a rabbit on a barbecue and for cooking in a smokehouse.
Choose the filling you like and cook the most tender dietary meat yourself. Bon appetit!