Салат «Белая Береза» Оригинальный Салат | Salad «White Birch» Recipe, English Subtitles
Step-by-step recipe for making layers of salad Capercaillie's Nest
Salad Capercaillie's nest has many recipes. A distinctive feature of this dish is its design. It always looks like a bird's nest.
The dish belongs to Russian cuisine. It got its name in the past centuries thanks to the use of wood grouse meat. To date, the recipe has changed, and boiled chicken has replaced the wood grouse meat.
There are many recipes for salad Capercaillie's nest , both in layers and with a ready-made mass. The dish can be prepared with quail eggs, mushrooms, smoked chicken and other ingredients. However, they are not included in the classic recipe.
Recipe # 1: Classic Salad
To prepare the salad you will need:
- 500 grams of potatoes;
- Half a kilo of chicken meat;
- 260 grams of fresh cucumbers;
- 8 chicken eggs;
- 110 grams of onions;
- Processed cheese;
Stages of preparing a capercaillie nest salad according to the classic recipe:
- Peel the potatoes, wash, dry, cut into cubes;
- Rinse the chicken under running water. Place in a saucepan, add a little salt, boil;
- Hard boiled eggs;
- Cut the peeled onions into half rings, pickle. To do this, add to it half a teaspoon of salt and sugar, sprinkle a little with vinegar, mix everything;
- Wash the cucumber. Cut into strips;
- Deep-fry the potatoes. If you don't have a deep fryer, you can use a deep skillet or a heavy-bottomed saucepan. After frying, place it on paper towels or napkins to remove excess fat;
- Grate processed cheese and 5 boiled eggs on a coarse grater into separate plates;
- Cut the boiled chicken into strips.
- Put the prepared pickled onions in a first layer on a large round dish;
- The next layer is boiled chicken meat, greased with mayonnaise;
- Arrange the chopped cucumbers, make a mayonnaise mesh;
- Next, make a layer of grated eggs;
- Make a small indentation for the egg balls;
- Cover the entire surface of the salad with a thin layer of mayonnaise, cover with brushwood from fried potatoes. It is important to keepplace for eggs;
- Sprinkle the well with half of the chopped greens;
- Place eggs in the nest.
Cooking capercaillie eggs:
- Cut the remaining 3 eggs in half;
- Separate the yolk, combine it with the processed cheese, the remaining herbs, add a little salt, add a little mayonnaise and squeeze out the garlic. Stir all ingredients until smooth;
- Fill the egg halves with minced meat and put them in the nest.
Recipe # 2: with mushrooms
The recipe for the capercaillie nest salad was improved with the addition of mushrooms. The dish may contain various types of pickled or fried mushrooms.
For cooking you need:
- 350-400 grams of chicken meat;
- 220 grams of mushrooms;
- 3-4 potatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 3 chicken, 4 quail eggs;
- 55 grams of Korean carrots;
- 1 large pickled cucumber;
- Boil the chicken and all the eggs until tender. Dice;
- Cut mushrooms into slices, onions into cubes. Fry;
- Peel potatoes, cut into thin cubes. Deep-fry, remove excess fat;
- Cut the cucumber into strips;
- In a large container, combine onion with mushrooms, boiled chicken, chopped eggs, cucumbers. Season with mayonnaise;
- Put the resulting mass on a round dish, giving the shape of a nest. Make a small depression on top, placing carrots in it;
- Decorate the edges of the dish with fried potatoes;
- Put peeled quail eggs on a carrot pillow.
Recipe # 3: with fresh cabbage
Preparing a salad Capercaillie's Nest recipe with fresh cabbage, you can enjoy an incredible combination of flavors. This dish differs from the classic recipe not only in the set of ingredients, but also in the way it is served.
For cooking you will need:
- 420 grams of smoked chicken breast;
- 230 grams of hard cheese;
- 4 boiled eggs;
- 180 grams of smoked prunes;
- 320 grams of fresh cabbage;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 small lemon;
- 170 grams of walnut kernels;
- 2 packs of croutons;
- 310 grams of mushrooms;
- 1 bunch of dill, parsley and green onions;
- Olive oil.
- In order to decorate a salad with fresh cabbage beautifully, you need to put a container 10-12 centimeters in diameter in the center of a wide flat dish. This is done so that it is convenient to lay out the salad in layers, and then fill the void with balls;
- PCroutons are laid out on the first layer on the dish, then fried mushrooms are put and greased with mayonnaise;
- The next layer consists of chicken meat. Egg whites are rubbed on top and lightly greased with mayonnaise;
- Chop the nuts with garlic, passing them through a press, mix with finely chopped prunes and chopped fresh cabbage;
- Sprinkle the mixture with fresh lemon juice and season with mayonnaise;
- Place chicken, lemon wedges;
- Carefully remove the container from the center of the dish;
- Place chopped greens and green onions in the center;
- Sprinkle the remaining yolks with lemon zest and garnish with pepper (peas). Lay them out on a green pillow.
Recipe # 4: with lettuce
Using the step-by-step salad recipe Capercaillie's nest any novice housewife can make it. Many people use lettuce leaves to decorate and serve dishes.
For cooking you will need:
- 1 chicken breast;
- 3 potato tubers;
- 2 chicken, 6 boiled quail eggs;
- 2 pickles;
- 120 grams of hard cheese;
- 2 onions;
- 1 carrot;
- Vegetable oil;
- Lettuce leaves;
In order to shape and serve a dish beautifully, you need to arrange it correctly. Some housewives use deep-fried potatoes for the outer layer of the nest. It can be replaced with cheese grated on a coarse grater.
Algorithm of actions:
- Boil chicken fillet in lightly salted water;
- Grate 90 grams of hard cheese on a coarse grater, 30 grams on a fine grater;
- Potatoes, peel, cut into strips, deep-fry;
- Grate carrots like Korean, fry;
- Cut the cucumbers in a convenient way, drain the resulting marinade;
- Cut the boiled meat into cubes;
- Cut the onion into strips, fry;
- Cut the chicken eggs into small cubes;
- Put all prepared ingredients in a bowl, except for cheese;
- Season the mass with salt, season with mayonnaise, mix well. Place on a flat dish covered with lettuce leaves. The mixture should be spread so that the edges of the lettuce leaves remain free;
- In the mass with mayonnaise, make a small depression on top. Garnish the edges of the finished dish generously with grated hard cheese;
- Place the quail product in the nest.
A step-by-step recipe gives a complete description of each step. This makes the cooking process easier not only for novice chefs, but also for experienced chefs.