How to spot the LATEST FAKE Alexander McQueen sneakers Real vs Fake review guide
Shoe queen - suede: how to keep its original look for a long time?
Suede shoes are a stylish addition to the image of any fashionista that can emphasize her gracefulness, grace and elegance. At the same time, the main material of the product is extremely vulnerable and delicate, requiring constant care and cleaning. If you neglect the elementary procedures associated with cleaning suede shoes and boots, you can very soon run into problems that make them look unsightly.
Beautiful and moody
Suede is prone to the formation of bald spots, scratches and shiny areas. In addition, she quickly collects dust on herself, and is extremely reluctant to part with it. Therefore, it is recommended to clean shoes with a special brush after returning from each walk.
In this article we will be happy to share with you the secrets of how to dry suede shoes, clean them, store and tidy up in case of emergency.
First of all, you should buy a special brush that will help not only clean the wardrobe item, but also remove bald spots and scuffs from it. Unfortunately, a universal brush suitable for leather and leatherette will not work with suede.
For soft material, special combs with fine teeth or hard short hair are available. They should be used to clean shoes as they become dirty. The finest prongs will also help lift the pile, or the small flakes on the suede itself, to remove frayed areas.
Before embarking on any ennobling of shoes, it should be cleaned of traces of dirt. After this event, it is necessary to dry the product so that it is absolutely free of moisture.
Basic rules of suede shoe care
After choosing and buying a quality suede shoe brush, you should think about what handy means you can use to extend its life and preserve its aesthetic perfection. Full care of whimsical suede shoes at home is quite possible. And to implement it, you may need somewhat unexpected, but so familiar and accessible things!
Tips for caring for suede with home remedies:
- If the shiny areas on your shoes are too extensive and intense for even the most expensive brush to handle, try rubbing them with a regular rubber pencil eraser! This method will help wake up and lift up broken small scales, which means that the suede will quickly regain its former delicate fluff ;
- Another way to remove shiny areas from shoes is to treat them with a mixture of milk, ammonia and baking soda. Dissolve the baking soda in half a glass of pasteurized milk, add a few drops of concentrated ammonia to the composition, and treat your shoes. ABOUTleave it to stand still for several hours, and then wipe with a soft cloth dampened in a mild soapy solution. Steam treatment and then brushing can give your shoes a brand new look !;
- In the summer, suede shoes wear out especially quickly. In just a few hours, your sandals can be completely covered with dust. Therefore, in this case, daily care is necessary, which includes cleaning the product. In winter, the task becomes easier, but there is one big but . If you live in a temperate region, your winters are definitely wet, and moisture is the main enemy of suede. Therefore, for winter and demi-season shoes, especially careful care is required. It is important to treat it with a cream with a water-repellent effect. It is desirable that it contains natural oils that nourish and soften the fabric;
- If white stains appear on suede shoes, they can be removed with ordinary acetic acid. To do this, soak your brush in 9% vinegar and run it around the entire perimeter of the product. Leave to dry. White streaks will quickly disappear. An alternative option is all the same steam. You don't have to buy a steamer for this: all manipulations can be done at home, over an iron or boiling water in a saucepan. Just hold your shoes over the jet of steam and then brush over them. You will be amazed at the effect of updating your shoes!
It happens that we buy shoes not in size , or they rub our feet with calluses due to the first wear. How to stretch suede shoes to neutralize these unpleasant phenomena? Please note that the usual and familiar stretching methods will not always be appropriate here.
As we have already emphasized, suede does not like moisture, and it is almost impossible to stretch the material without it. Therefore, be extremely careful and attentive. You can also purchase special stretch foam sold in specialized stores. Please consult your dealer for the best product for your suede fabric.
If you decide to take care of your finicky suede shoes at home on your own, try the following methods:
- Identify where the shoes feel tightest;
- Combine rubbing alcohol in equal proportions with regular drinking water;
- Apply the diluted compound on the inner part of the shoes in particularly pressing places;
- Put on socks (nylon or cotton) on your feet;
- Walk around in your shoes for a few minutes.
Alcohol makes suede more pliable, softer and more pliable. However, he does not harm her at all. In this simple way, you can quickly adapt new tight shoes to your feet.
Proper care of suede shoes is a guarantee of its long lastingliving and preserving the aesthetic part. Take care of your own shoes, take good care of them, and they will surely repay you with comfort, beauty and long service life.