The 5 Minute Nose Job - Non Surgical Rhinoplasty - Beauty Secrets with Dr. Jamuna Pai
Secrets of rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular types of plastic surgery today. It is used not only for the treatment of defects, but also for aesthetic purposes. With this operation, you can change the shape and size of the nose as a whole or its individual elements (tip, septum, hump, etc.).
In addition, this surgical technique is used to improve breathing due to congenital or acquired deformities of the nasal region.
Using these methods, you can significantly improve your appearance, namely :
- shrink nose;
- remove the hump;
- eliminate curvature;
- shrink the tip of the nose.
In such cases, external plastic is performed. If there is a need to coordinate breathing, then they find out the reasons that are most often associated with the nasal septum and perform septoplasty.
Who is rhinoplasty indicated for
Correction can be done for two reasons :
- for aesthetic reasons;
- for treatment and rehabilitation purposes.
There are no restrictions on this procedure as such, however, it is advisable for children under 14 not to do it, because they are still actively in the process of forming a face.
Key types of aesthetic plastic :
- repeated (secondary);
- plastic tip;
In practice, aesthetic correction is often combined with functional - septoplasty, which is a separate operation on the internal structures of the nose.
How is rhinoplasty performed to change the nose
This procedure is quite painful and therefore requires general anesthesia in the vast majority of cases.
There are two types of such operations :
- Public . In such cases, incisions are made in the outer folds of the nose, as well as across the columella. The doctor gets the opportunity to pull the soft tissues up and thusYou can get access to the internals . This method is used for major changes in size and shape. It is also used to correct birth defects;
- Closed . Used for more delicate purposes. The incisions are made on the inside of the nose. After that, the outer skin membrane is separated from the bones and cartilage, which allows you to carry out any action with them. This method is more popular than the open one, as it provides more opportunities for eliminating typical flaws.
Most of the basic techniques of rhinoplasty have not changed much since their development, but there are quite a few of them and the surgeon must be familiar with everyone in order to achieve an optimal result, be able to use them in combination and, most importantly, combine them correctly.
The average operation time is 1-2 hours, but rehabilitation after rhinoplasty takes much longer. The individual characteristics of the body strongly affect the restoration of the final shape of the nose, so the final result can be observed six months or even a year after the operation.
When a patient undergoes such plastic surgery for the first time, it is called primary. The surgeon, carrying out it, gets many possibilities for modeling the shape, which only limit the anatomical features associated with the initial size of the nose and skin type.
After all, for example, a rough and large nose cannot be immediately converted into a small and chiseled one, just as a small tip cannot be greatly enlarged, since tissues cannot stretch infinitely.
This type of operation has its own characteristics :
- unpredictable behavior of tissues during the recovery period. This, in particular, depends on the anatomical structure: a small amount of bone tissue affects a noticeable change in shape during the period when a postoperative scar is formed;
- most often correction is required after primary rhinoplasty;
- the operation takes about half an hour;
- performed under local anesthesia;
- allows you to correct scarring blemishes and correct the nose to an ideal shape, if the result does not suit the patient for a number of reasons;
- the rehabilitation period is characterized by strict restrictions that are difficult to comply with.
- is used in case of poor-quality primary surgical intervention or in case of unfavorable results after the rehabilitation period;
- is a complete operation requiring general anesthesia;
- long recovery period;
- is done by open or closed method.
This type of operation can be much more complicated than the primary one. Often a cartThe surgeon's capabilities are limited, so even a very experienced doctor cannot guarantee an effective result.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty with fillers
This manipulation has another name - contour plastics. It is the simplest option for correcting the shape of the nose and is not used for significant changes.
Fillers can be used to smooth the tip, to give the tip the desired angle, or to correct slight asymmetry, irregularities, and other minor defects.
As a rule, the operation consists in injecting preparations based on hyaluronic acid and its analogues into the desired area. The procedure must be completed every 1-2 years, since the result is not permanent.
Rhinoplasty of the tip of the nose
The method allows you to quickly improve the shape of the end part and get rid of possible flaws. This is not a simple operation, because excessive changes in cartilage structures can have extremely negative consequences.
It is an ENT operation and belongs to a type of rhinoplasty. It is carried out for medical reasons, that is, when breathing is difficult due to a disturbed nasal septum.
Callus after rhinoplasty
If the doctor grinds or removes a part of the bone, then during recovery, a callus will necessarily form. Its size depends on the characteristics of the body, the level of trauma to both bone tissue and surrounding tissues. It is not a disease, but it does require prevention of overgrowth.
After rhinoplasty, in such cases it is recommended :
- 3 days of bed rest;
- avoid activity and stay at home for about 2 weeks;
- do not blow your nose during this period;
- a month to prevent overheating of the face. Baths, saunas, long exposure to the sun are contraindicated;
- Refrain from excessive physical exertion, including power sports for 2 months.
To make rehabilitation faster and easier, a variety of medical and physiotherapy procedures can be prescribed :
- magnetic therapy;
- electrophoresis with lidase and hydrocortisone;
Initial postoperative period
- Immediately after nose surgery tampons are inserted, which are removed after 1- 5 days. During this time, the patient breathes through the mouth;
- A plaster (sometimes with plaster strips) bandage is applied, which is removed after 7-10 days;
- First dressing the day after the operation;
- Edema is always observedafter rhinoplasty, as well as bruises around the eyes, which disappear after two weeks. The swelling completely subsides only after six months;
- Recommend to refrain from wearing glasses;
- The result of the operation is more or less visible in a month and a half.
Both the procedure itself, the indications for it, and the postoperative period are carried out under strict medical supervision.