6 Awesome BBQ Hacks!
Secrets of a successful picnic - outdoor salads for barbecue in summer
Warm summer days are conducive to family recreation in nature, active games, air and water procedures, barbecue and warm communication. A picnic in nature is considered one of the most common options for summer outdoor activities, a properly organized menu will help make the holiday unforgettable and safe.
Salads for nature for barbecue in the summer should be selected, observing three main conditions:
- they should be composed of simple ingredients,
- be easy to prepare
- and easy to digest.
In the conditions of summer abundance, making such snacks is not at all difficult, the main thing is to show imagination and ingenuity.
Nature salad with apple and cucumber barbecue
The available ingredients for summer salads are familiar vegetables and even fruits. Culinary experts recommend apple and cucumber salad as a light snack, well compatible with meat dishes. Apples for this dish should be juicy and sweet and sour, the pulp should be firm and with enough juice. Green apples are considered ideal.
Preparing a salad is easy, you should stock up on ingredients in advance:
- three green sweet and sour apples;
- three fresh cucumbers;
- onion head (red varieties are better);
- half capsicum;
- a couple of tablespoons of honey;
- half a lemon;
- a tablespoon of any vegetable oil;
- a few sprigs of dill;
- salt, allspice.
Prepare a salad following a simple sequence of actions:
- The cucumbers are cut lengthwise and chopped into thick slices.
- Apples are peeled and cut into thin slices, juice is squeezed out of half a lemon.
- Hot peppers get rid of seeds and chop, cut the onion into thin half rings, chop the dill.
- A little lemon juice is sprinkled on apple slices, the remaining juice is mixed with vegetable oil, salt, allspice, honey.
- All ingredients are put in an enamel container, mixed and filled with the prepared dressing.
It is best to make this spicy, sweetish salad a few hours before the picnic, as it has to stand and soak in the aromas of summer. Severalby the clock in the refrigerator under a closed lid will bring the dish to full readiness and taste perfection.
A few more simple salads to the nature for barbecue
A beautifully served table in nature pleases all participants in the summer feast with aesthetic perfection and helps digestion. Therefore, most of the recipes for meals for relaxation are distinguished by a special serving and serving.
The simplest and fastest recipe is considered to be a cucumber salad with dill.
In the summer, it is very easy to prepare such a savory snack, all the ingredients can be found in the refrigerator or in the country garden of every housewife:
- half a kilo of cucumbers;
- 5 garlic cloves;
- a small bunch of dill;
- half a lemon;
- a couple of tablespoons of any oil;
- half hot pepper;
- salt, pepper according to the hostess's preferences.
Prepare a savory appetizer following the sequence of steps:
- Cucumbers are thoroughly washed and dried with a paper towel.
- Grind them into round one-centimeter slices, chop the garlic into small cubes (it is allowed to grind it with the help of a garlic spade).
- Hot peppers, peeled from seeds, are chopped with a knife (those who are not allowed to eat spicy foods are advised to exclude this component).
- Finely chop the dill, squeeze the juice from the lemon half, squeezing it with your hands for a few seconds.
- Cucumbers, dill, pepper are mixed in an enamel bowl, seasoned with oil and lemon juice, salted, pepper and thoroughly mixed.
This dish can be served immediately, but if you cool it in a cool place and marinate for at least half an hour, the taste and aroma of this salad will improve.
Simple salads for nature to the hostess's barbecue are often called country salad , sometimes just successful . These types are distinguished by a variety of ingredients, since, as a rule, several people participate in a feast outdoors, so it is advisable to prepare such an appetizer that can satisfy the culinary preferences of several guests at once.
This country salad recipe contains the following ingredients:
- one medium zucchini;
- one carrot;
- a jar of canned corn;
- 5 fresh radishes;
- fresh cucumber - 4 pcs .;
- any cheese: Adyghe , feta cheese - 200 gr;
- some lemon juice;
- salt, pepper according to preference.
When preparing this dish for barbecue, it is important to pay attention to beautiful aesthetic cutting:
- Clean prepared vegetables: carrots, cucumbers, radishes, zucchini are chopped long tothin straw.
- The zucchini is fried in oil until cooked, adding a little salt and pepper, without covering with a lid, so that excess liquid is released.
- Carrots are fried until tender, removed from the pan with a slotted spoon, draining off excess oil.
- Strain the corn from the marinade and put it in a colander for a few minutes.
- Vegetable ingredients are laid out on the dish in even rows: zucchini, carrot, radish, cucumber, canned corn, cheese in pieces.
- The ingredients are poured with lemon juice, a little salt and pepper, served to the table. You can decorate the salad with herbs.
Such salads and barbecue snacks in nature differ from traditional recipes in that all components are laid out separately and do not mix with each other. Vegetable assorted allows you to satisfy the desires and taste preferences of several people at once.
Salads for a picnic in nature for barbecue differ from ordinary banquet dishes in that the recipes should be light: without mayonnaise and, preferably, without adding fat sour cream. Pickles or sour-spicy fillings are suitable, you can also not season such salads with anything: they will be saturated with natural juice from vegetables.
An interesting and easy option is pickled cucumber and carrot appetizer. The ingredients for this dish are the following:
- half a kilo of cucumbers;
- carrots - 2 pcs .;
- one onion;
- half hot chili;
- 100 ml water;
- a teaspoon of salt;
- 3 tablespoons of sugar;
- a couple tablespoons of olive oil;
- 50 ml table vinegar.
The appetizer is prepared quickly, but it is better to prepare it in advance and keep it in the refrigerator for several hours to infuse:
- The cucumbers are cut into thin slices, sprinkled with salt and left for an hour so that the vegetable gives off excess liquid. After an hour, the excess liquid is drained.
- Chop carrots into thin slices, onions into thin rings.
- Mix the ingredients in an enamel bowl and leave for a few minutes.
- Water is mixed with sugar, oil, brought to a boil, vinegar is added.
- Season the salad ingredients with hot pouring, mix, add hot pepper, leave to cool.
After the mixture has been infused in a cool place for several hours, it can be served with a kebab. Such light salads for nature are ideal for barbecue, since thanks to the marinade they are well preserved even on a warm summer day and do not spoil for a long time.
Exotic nature salad recipes for barbecue
Meat processed with marinade and fried on charcoal is considered a high-calorie dish, therefore, light foods are needed for its better absorption: vegetables or fruits. Reflectionsover what kind of salad to make for a barbecue in nature, they led the chefs to original solutions: cooking a fruit and vegetable side dish.
Vitamin Fruit and Vegetable Salad recipe contains the following ingredients:
- 200 gr. radish;
- one grapefruit;
- a quarter of a head of cabbage;
- one fresh tomato;
- fresh cucumber;
- 6 pickled gherkins;
- one onion;
- half a lemon;
- salt, pepper, spices, oil to taste.
Prepare a salad in the following way:
- Cabbage is chopped into thin strips. You can use a special shredder for vegetables: the thinner the cabbage in the salad, the tastier the finished dish will be at the exit.
- The onion is cut into thin half rings, the peeled radish is cut into thin small cubes. You can also use the Korean carrot shredder to chop the radish.
- Pickled gherkins are cut into thin rings, fresh cucumbers are cut into half rings.
- Cut the tomato into half rings and put it in a separate bowl.
- Peel the grapefruit, remove the septa, cut into slices, cut into large slices.
- Combine all the ingredients in an enamel bowl (except tomatoes), mix thoroughly, add salt, spices, pepper.
- Season the fruit and vegetable mixture with lemon juice, any vegetable oil, stir again and decorate with tomatoes before serving.
You can not season this dish with oil, limiting yourself only to lemon juice. In this case, the salad will be less high in calories, which is especially important for those who follow the figure or suffer from digestive problems.
Which is better to cook salads for barbecue outdoors, the hostess decides, but the basic rules for a successful holiday require observing some important rules when choosing recipes.
First of all, it is worth remembering that vegetable low-fat side dishes are best combined and absorbed with meat dishes, so salads should be prepared from vegetables or fruits without adding fatty dressings. In addition, when preparing them, it is important not to overdo it with spices, since the meat for barbecue is already seasoned with herbs and spices in the marinade, so you can harm the gastric mucosa with an excess of them.
The cooks have a lot of recipes for easy and easy-to-digest salads, and the hostess herself can experiment and come up with new flavor combinations of vegetables and fruits.