The 3 Most Delicious Ways You Can Prepare Tuna
Sea pizza with tuna: cooking rules
Everyone knows that pizza came to Russian cuisine from Italy. Today, this dish has become a traditional treat for both a family dinner and a festive feast, and for warm gatherings with friends. There are a lot of options for preparing the filling for such baked goods, among them there are original Italian ones, for example, pizza with tuna.
Seafood pizza fillings are considered original and special, since meat and mushroom ingredients are considered more familiar options for Russian cuisine. Pizza with tuna in Italian refers to the original recipes of Italian cuisine, but today this dish has become a favorite among many Russian housewives.
Pizza with tuna and tomatoes
Fans of fish dishes and seafood especially highlight the recipe for making pizza with canned tuna and tomatoes. The dish itself is distinguished by its original taste and special, marine aroma.
For the filling, stock up on ingredients:
- a pair of medium sized tomatoes;
- 100 gr. canned tuna;
- 2 small onions;
- mozzarella cheese - 120 gr .;
- a teaspoon of dried oregano;
- 120 gr. extra virgin olive oil;
- a bunch of basil.
The dough for this pizza can be purchased ready-made in the supermarket, or you can cook it yourself. For the fish version, the dough with the addition of semolina is better, which is prepared from the following ingredients:
- 800 gr. premium wheat flour;
- 200 gr. fine semolina;
- a tablespoon of sea salt;
- 6 Art. l. extra virgin olive oil;
- 14 gr. dry yeast;
- 530 ml. cold water.
The recipe for canned tuna pizza involves the initial preparation of the dough and special tomato sauce.
- Sifted flour is poured onto the table, mixed with semolina, a small depression is made in the middle of the mass.
- Pour water into the well, gently stirring the dry mixture from the edges, gradually adding oil, yeast, salt.
- Gently use a fork to collect the dough into a homogeneous mass, then knead thoroughly with your hands until it stops sticking to your hands.
- The finished dough ball is removed to a warm place for an hour and a half, after which it is kneaded for another quarter of an hour. At the end of all manipulations, the dough is ready to roll out and prepare the pizza itself.
While the dough is settling, you can start making a special sauce.
- Tomatoes are dipped in boiling water for a couple of minutes, after which they are peeled and seeds removed.
- Knead the tomato pulp with a fork until a homogeneous gruel is obtained, add olive oil, oregano, a little salt, mix thoroughly and let it brew for about 10 minutes.
After the sauce and dough are ready, you can start cooking yourselfbaking. Tomato pizza with tuna and onions is prepared following a step-by-step recipe:
- Cut the peeled onion into thin half rings, remove the tuna from the jar, drain the juice, knead it slightly with a fork.
- The dough is rolled out in a thin layer, slightly raising the sides, thickly greased with prepared tomato sauce.
- Onion, tuna, slices of cheese, chopped into pieces of arbitrary shape and size, are spread on the sauce.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 150 degrees for about a quarter of an hour. The finished pizza has a golden brown crust.
For more spicy varieties, add some chili or pepper mix to the sauce. True connoisseurs of Italian pizza can add to the tomato sauce finely torn basil and finely chopped rosemary.
Tip: Tuna pizza will be just as tasty if cooked on yeast-free dough. For this, ordinary puff pastry is suitable, prepared according to the recipe that the hostess prefers. You can also purchase ready-made puff pastry from the supermarket.
Pizza with tuna and sausage
A variant of a family pizza that can satisfy the culinary preferences of all family members is an assorted pizza, the filling of which differs in that it contains both meat and fish ingredients: sausage and canned tuna.
The dough for this product can be purchased ready-made, you can prepare yourself according to the recipe with the addition of semolina.
For the filling, stock up on food:
- 150 gr. salami sausages;
- can of canned tuna;
- small jar of green olives;
- hard cheese - 150 gr .;
- red onion - 1pc .;
- tomatoes, olive oil, oregano, salt, basil for the sauce.
The filling for pizza with tuna and sausage is not mixed, it is important to follow the sequence specified in the recipe when preparing this dish.
- Prepare the dough and leave it for an hour and a half to rest.
- Peel and seeds of blanched tomatoes, chop, mix with olive oil, spices and herbs - this way prepare tomato sauce for future pizza.
- Strain the liquid from the tuna can, put the fish in a separate container, mash with a fork.
- Chop the salami into strips, strain the olives from the brine, cut each olive into two halves.
- Grate the cheese, cut the onion into thin rings.
- The dough is thoroughly kneaded for a quarter of an hour, rolled out and collected again into a ball.
- Roll out the dough in a thin layer, bending slightly around the edges, forming a kind of side.
- Spread the prepared tomato and spice sauce on the dough, spreading it evenly over the surface.
- Lay the onion rings evenly on top of the sauce, then visually divide the base in half.
- Spread the stuffing of chopped sausage on one half, chopped tuna on the other.
- Olives, pcut in half, spread over sausage and tuna fillings, spread evenly and cover with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven at a temperature of 150-180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
This dish looks original: half with sausage has a pinkish tint, with tuna - just a dark color. Those who prefer sausage filling can easily identify their half of the gourmet baked goods.
You can add some canned gherkins to the filling for such a pizza. Their taste and aroma will add spice to the dish and complement the taste of olives. Some chefs prefer to add a little canned corn half with the sausage: the finished pizza only benefits from this both aesthetically and tastefully. The mushrooms will also win out advantageously and add a special exquisite taste to the sausage half.
Original Italian pizza is distinguished by the fact that it almost always contains mozzarella cheese. In order not to break the tradition, you can use a mixture of cheeses: take half of any hard cheese and half of mozzarella.
It is not difficult to prepare a traditional Italian seafood pizza with tuna, it is important to choose the right dough recipe and variation with filling. It is worth remembering the fact that real Italian pastries love olive oil, aromatic herbs and spices. It is also better to cook the sauce for lubricating the base yourself than using store-bought counterparts such as ketchup or mayonnaise.
Pizza cooked entirely with your own hands will make a family dinner or gatherings with friends an unforgettable moment and a pleasant event.