One Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
Roast chicken with mushrooms in pots
Pot Roast is a hearty, mouth-watering homemade dish. There are just a huge number of roast recipes. Our grandmothers and great-grandmothers also cooked this wonderful dish in Russian ovens. Food, natomis in an earthen vessel, acquires tenderness and richness. Its unique taste cannot be compared with anything. In our time, Russian ovens have replaced modern ovens. But even in them, you can recreate the rustic taste. I would like to share one modern recipe.
For cooking we need:
- 2 potato tubers;
- 200 gr. mushrooms;
- 200-300 gr. chicken meat;
- 2 tablespoons of Hawaiian blend;
- dry herbs;
- sour cream;
- 50 gr. cheese.
- The recipe is for two pots. But if desired, the portion can be increased. Any chicken will do;
- You can take breasts, you can take thighs or shins. Cut potatoes and chicken into large pieces. This will keep them in shape after baking;
- Mushrooms can be used both frozen and fresh. I took frozen mushrooms. If they are large, then it is worth cutting them, but not finely;
- Put potatoes, mushrooms and chicken in pots, alternating or mixing in advance;
- Then add spoonfuls of Hawaiian mixture. Both canned and frozen mixed vegetables will do. The next step is to add dry herbs. Greens and vegetables will spice up the roast;
- Chicken with mushrooms and potatoes will have a richer flavor.
Cooking baking sauce:
- In a glass of water we dilute 2 tablespoons of sour cream, half a teaspoon of salt. All well - mix it up;
- Pour the sauce over the contents of the pots up to the neck. Then three cheese on a medium grater and sprinkle on the roast;
- Put in a preheated oven to 180 degrees for 40 minutes;
- When ready, take out the pots and let them simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
And you can start lunch!
Juicy, appetizing roast in chicken pots, potatoes with mushrooms ready!