Ragda Patties Recipe | रगड़ा पेटिस - मुम्बई का मशहूर स्ट्रीट फूड
Red rowan: useful properties, recipes
The beneficial properties of red rowan are well known to folk herbalists and herbalists. This unpretentious plant allows you to get rid of many ailments due to its special chemical composition.
We will consider the properties of red berries, the benefits of their use, as well as recipes for preparing miraculous folk remedies.
The medicinal properties of the plant are due to vitamins, which are found in large quantities in berries and leaves.
Rowan fruits are rich:
- sorbic and tartaric acid;
- essential oils and tannins;
- provitamin a and ascorbic acid;
- nicotinic and malic acid;
- flavonoids and glycosides;
- tocopherol and pectins;
- phosphorus and calcium;
- glucose and sorbose;
- magnesium and sodium.
The unique composition provides the product with antiseptic properties, for which rowan berries are widely used in alternative medicine.
- has a diuretic effect;
- improves eyesight;
- lowers blood pressure;
- has a calming effect on the nervous system;
- improves blood clotting;
- increases the elasticity of capillaries;
- relieves symptoms of hypertension;
- has bactericidal properties;
- relieves swelling of the extremities;
- has a beneficial effect on liver function;
- improves the process of hematopoiesis;
- enhances the body's immune defenses;
- increases stomach acidity;
- reduces vasospasm;
- helps to increase hemoglobin;
- improves the digestive tract;
- increases vitality.
The beneficial properties of red mountain ash are largely due to the presence of phytoncides. They are found in large quantities not only in fruits, but also in the bark of a tree and even leaves. These substances actively fight against fungal microorganisms, mold, salmonella and even staphylococci.
Medicines made from red mountain ash have a cleansing effect. Berries contain a lot of pectison which suppresses putrefactive processes.
This, in turn, allows you to quickly deal with bloating and increased gas production.
Regular use of the product ensures the rapid elimination of toxins and toxins from the body. Due to this, metabolic processes and intestinal absorption of nutrients from incoming products are significantly improved.
It should be noted that sorbic acid significantly reduces cholesterol levels. Therefore, the use of folk remedies based on miracle berries prevents the formation of cholesterol plaques in the capillaries.
Recipes for making cosmetics from red mountain ash are quite popular among women. The juice from the fruit cleanses and tones the skin and helps to tighten the pores.
The following types of cosmetics can be prepared on the basis of mountain ash:
- face toners and rinses;
- masks for hair and face;
- lotions and creams.
Some of the aforementioned remedies, in particular, just juice from the fruits, eliminates unaesthetic warts. This problem is not only cosmetic, as it is caused by papillomavirus. However, regular treatment of the affected skin with berry juice will allow you to quickly cope with the disease.
Vodka tinctures made from the fruits of the plant help with anemia, weakened immunity and loss of appetite. To cope with problems, herbalists recommend drinking the drink 20-25 minutes before meals, about 1-2 tbsp. l.
The best recipes for tinctures based on alcohol-containing formulations are suggested below:
- On vodka. Wash 2 kg of fresh berries and pour into a three-liter jar. Pour everything with syrup made from 1 liter of water and about 800 g of sugar. Add 1 liter of vodka to the product and place the jar in a cool and dark place. After 14 days, strain the tincture;
- On cognac. Dry 600 g of fresh fruit and transfer to a glass container. Pour 1 liter of cognac and add 1 tbsp. l. oak bark and 3 tbsp. l. flower honey. Insist the remedy for at least 10 days, then strain;
- Quick setting. Dry ½ kg of rowan berries and put them in a glass container. Crush the berries and mix with 3 tbsp. l. sugar and 1 liter of brandy. Insist the composition for at least three days, then strain.
The beneficial properties of red rowan tincture on cognac and vodka are largely due to alcohol-containing compounds. They accelerate blood circulation in the body, due to which nutrients reach the cells with the blood flow faster.
How to make jam?
The benefits of jam lies in the antimicrobial effect of the fruit. The use of the product allows you to quickly cope with the manifestations of colds, sore throats and other viral diseases. How to prepare a treat correctly?
For this you need to take the following ingredients:
- 1 kg fresh berries;
- 3 cups boiling water;
- 8 cups granulated sugar
- Rinse and dry the fruit;
- Push them a little on the table with a rolling pin;
- Transfer the fruit to an enamel bowl and cover with boiling water;
- After 15 minutes, discard the berries in a colander;
- While the mountain ash is cooling, prepare the sugar syrup;
- Pour the hot syrup over the fruit and cook the treat until cooked.
Red mountain ash jam cooked with apples, walnuts or melon slices will have no less useful properties.
Like any other types of medicinal plants, you should not use the product in very large quantities. This applies to both cosmetics and food derivatives (compote, jam). Abuse can cause an allergic reaction, resulting in severe itching and rashes.
Contraindications also apply to a separate group of persons, which include:
- Survivors of a heart attack and suffering from coronary artery disease;
- People with high acidity of the stomach;
- Hypotonic and diarrhea sufferers.
Red rowan can also cause considerable harm to young children under three years old. For this reason, it is not advisable to use medicines without a doctor's recommendation.
Rowan is a miraculous plant that contains useful substances and vitamins.
A natural remedy for treating a variety of ailments and cosmetic imperfections.
The recipes for making infusions and preserves discussed in the article will certainly help you get rid of many health problems.