Navel Pain Treatment by Sujok, Navel Infection,😟 Navel displacement
Pain around the navel
Pain around the navel and in the abdomen in general can be a signal of rather serious illnesses or conditions requiring emergency medical attention. Determining the cause of such pain can be difficult even for experienced doctors, because the picture of pain can be blurred.
Pain around the navel sometimes occurs after a meal, before it, or may not be attached to food intake at all. In any case, pain is a sign of attention and a reason to be examined. Let's try to figure out what can be the cause of pain around the navel.
Looking for reasons
The causes of various pain around the navel can be hidden behind various pathologies in the human body:
- Enteritis is a group of diseases of the small intestine caused by bacterial, viral, parasitic invasion. Long-term action of the above factors causes inflammatory and degenerative changes. The pain around the navel is often caused by flatulence, less often by spasms provoked by putrefactive and fermentative processes;
- Exacerbation of enteritis in a chronic form or its combination with inflammation in the large intestine (enterocolitis) can provoke past intestinal infections, giardiasis. Enterocolitis is manifested by mild or moderate, dull, aching diffuse pain, which appears most often after eating; a feeling of fullness in the abdomen and pressure outward in the epigastric region or around the navel; loss of appetite (although not always); flatulence and rumbling in the abdomen. The skin dries and turns pale, gums bleed, nails break, general weakness and fatigue occurs;
- Acute appendicitis is an acute bowel disease that requires urgent surgical intervention. The pain is sudden, with a dislocation in the epigastric region or over the entire area of the abdomen, sometimes around the navel. The pain gradually increases. Later, they are localized in the upper right abdomen. A person may have a fever, pulse rate, become dry tongue, muscles tense;
- Umbilical hernia - accompanied by intense pain around the navel, vomiting, stool retention and bloating, a sharp increase in heart rate. In the umbilical region, a seal is determined that is round or oval in appearance, painful when touched, and does not return to the abdominal cavity. Do not try to repair the hernia yourself, especially if you find it in a child. This is dangerous and can lead to tissue necrosis of the strangulated area of the intestine. If during pregnancy you findand you have such a protrusion and touching it is painful, you also should not be fooled that this is normal;
- Small intestine cancer . Its initial symptoms are nausea and regular vomiting, flatulence, cramping abdominal pain, pain around the navel. Over time, patients lose weight due to malnutrition and progression of the disease;
- Diverticula in the small intestine . Diverticula are multiple protrusions of the intestinal walls (pockets are formed), ranging in size from 3 mm in diameter. Diverticula form anywhere in the small intestine. With this pathology, patients complain of local pain during palpation and an increase in body temperature;
- Abdominal migraine - most common in adolescents. The pain is intense, diffuse or localized around the navel, accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea, sharp paleness and cooling of the limbs. The duration of pain is from half an hour to prolonged attacks for several hours, less often for several days. Characterized by simultaneous spasmodic attacks in the abdomen and in the head, as well as their alternation. It is important to take this factor into account - the connection between abdominal (abdominal) pain and migraine;
- Volvulus . The disease proceeds with severe symptoms, such as cramps in the depths of the abdomen, constant and cramping pains in the right abdomen and around the navel, repeated vomiting (rarely with the inclusion of feces), stool and gas retention. Patients often cry from unbearable spasms, take a forced position (legs pulled up to the stomach) and are in a restless state;
- Intestinal ischemia - disorders of blood circulation in the intestine and aneurysms of the abdominal aorta. The reasons that lead to ischemia (oxygen deficiency) can be very different. Such a cause, for example, may be thrombosis of the arteries, through which the blood supplies oxygen to the intestines. This condition develops acutely with sharp pain, impaired motor function of the intestines.
To preserve the vitality of the organ, urgent medical attention is needed. Less danger, but also a more common cause, is atherosclerosis of the great vessels of the abdominal cavity. It is a misconception that atherosclerosis affects only the heart or the brain. This is a systemic disease that affects absolutely all blood vessels in the body.
When the vessels of the abdominal cavity are damaged, the muscles of the intestinal wall lack oxygen. Their motor ability decreases. There are aching pains, constipation provoked by a decreased intestinal tone develops. This disease is chronic, it gradually progresses and, of course, requires long-term treatment.
In addition, pain above the navel can provoke gastritis, gastric or duodenal ulcers, and stomach cancer.
An ulcer is, in fact, aboutopen wound on the mucous membrane of the organ. Growing in width and depth, it affects the muscle layer and blood vessels. The worst option is a perforation, that is, a hole in one or another organ.
The contents of the stomach or intestines, containing a huge amount of bacteria, entering the initially sterile space of the abdominal cavity, cause purulent inflammation and can lead to death. But the bleeding in these organs is no less insidious.
It cannot be determined without endoscopic examination.
Blood in the stool is a problem with the rectum, but blood that has entered the digestive tract in the stomach will never be seen by eye. The ulcer begins, usually with acute, burning, often throbbing pain. Therefore, having noticed something like this in yourself, hurry up to a specialist gastroenterologist. Don't wait for perforation!
Pain below the navel can provoke not only intestinal problems, but also some pathologies of the female reproductive organs (fibromas, cancers on the ovaries and in the uterus), cystitis, rectal pathologies (especially in men) and other inflammatory processes of the small pelvis.
Pregnant women are a separate category of patients. Not only these diseases can cause pain around the navel during pregnancy, but also poisoning or skin tension and muscle weakness. Both the first and the second have consequences for the baby.
What to do?
If you feel pain, and especially acute pain, consult a doctor. Don't delay your visit. Without a specific examination and thorough diagnosis, the diagnosis cannot be correctly established! Moreover, you should not apply the treatment according to the method a friend said.
Taking antispasmodics or analgesics can only complicate the diagnosis by blurring the symptoms. All of the above pathologies can cause pain around the navel not only in an adult, but also in a child .