Everything To Know Before You Travel In Japan! 🇯🇵
Minced hedgehogs with rice: it couldn't be tastier!
As an independent second dish, as a side dish for lovers of varied food, as well as for adult gourmets and small fussy, easy-to-cook both in a pan and minced hedgehogs in the oven with rice.
Master the recipe and serve them to the festive table or just for dinner, pamper your family!
Someone will say that there is nothing original in this dish. But this is absolutely not the case! Raw rice gives a special piquancy to koloboks, which swells during heat treatment, for example, in the oven.
When fully cooked, rice sticks out of the meat balls - this is how thorns appear, just like in real hedgehogs. What is the secret of cooking in the oven, in a pan or in a slow cooker, the main ingredients, gravy options and experiments with the composition in the detailed recipe description. Walk to the kitchen!
The recipe for minced meat and rice hedgehogs is simple. The main thing is that it has a mandatory list of products, but no one forbids to include imagination, to make additions to your taste.
To prepare standard minced hedgehogs with rice, you need a simple set of products:
- 500 g minced meat (suitable for pork, beef, chicken, a mixture of pork and chicken, a mixture of pork and beef);
- long grain rice, ½ faceted glass (not boiled, but raw!);
- several heads of onions;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- salt, a mixture of spices and peppers;
- vegetable oil;
The entire list will be the basis for the most delicious balls.
Cooking meat basis
The better the base of future hedgehogs is prepared, the tastier the dish will be. All efforts must be devoted to the preparation of minced meat. Following the classic recipe, meat is taken, it is better that it is a tenderloin or sirloin (for chicken - breast), passed through a meat grinder. To make the meat component more tender, you should crank it 2-3 times in a meat grinder. The mass should stand for 20-30 minutes.
Don't waste your time: chop the onion and garlic.
How to cook minced meat hedgehogs with rice? Cooking the meat base for roasting in the oven is a separate stage.
A semi-finished product for future sweets is made according to the algorithm:
- onions are finely chopped on a cutting board and added to the meat;
- the mass is thoroughly mixed;
- garlic is chopped with a knife or passed through the garlic;
- all this is added to the stub;
- mix thoroughly;
- chicken eggs are whipped in a separate bowl before being kneaded, only then are introduced into the blank;
- add spices, herbs and salt to taste;
- rice, washed under running water, is also sent to the general mass;
- all components are mixed.
Koloboks are formed from a homogeneous mass, which are then sent to the oven. The workpieces should be made not very small, but also not very large - the average size is optimal. Ideally, the weight of each ball is 50-70 grams. Round pieces are rolled in flour, laid out on the frying surface of a frying pan or oven, greased with fat or oil. Let there be a baking sheet or a tray from a multicooker - it doesn't matter.
Adding to koloboks
How not to fry, do not mascara the balls, but without gravy they will be dryish. The ideal option is minced meat hedgehogs with rice and gravy. There are two types of aromatic sauce for the oven: sour cream or with the addition of tomato paste.
Recipe for gentle sour cream sauce, which is made from:
- 200 grams of medium fat dairy product (optimal percentage from 12 to 20);
- a glass of broth or water;
- 2-3 heads of onions;
- salt, spices to taste.
Sour cream is mixed with broth, finely chopped onion is added to the preparation. Salt and pepper the base.
Meat rounds, already laid out on a baking sheet in the oven or fried in a pan, are poured with the sauce. Simmer the dish over low heat for about half an hour.
The recipe for tomato sauce is slightly different from its milk counterpart.
The main components are:
- 100 - 150 gr tomato paste;
- a glass of broth or water;
- two small carrots;
- 2-3 onions;
- salt, sugar, spices.
Tomato paste combines with broth. Coarsely grated carrots and finely chopped onions are introduced into the workpiece. Everything is thoroughly mixed. Salt, sugar and spices are added to taste. Hedgehogs are poured with the resulting sauce and stewed until tender in a pan or in the oven (30-40 minutes over low heat).
How to make diet minced hedgehogs
For those who have digestive problems, as well as diabetics and babies, another recipe for this dish is ideal. Here, chicken breast is taken as a basis. Minced chicken hedgehogs with rice are no different from the recipe for pork or beef snacks. For softness, tenderness, the chicken component can be added to the base of butter (20-30 g).
Fry, simmer, bake!
This is how many options for cooking meat hedgehogs can be used in culinary practice. A frying pan, a baking sheet from an oven or multicooker, even a glass saucepan with a coverThey are suitable for bringing koloboks to full readiness. Fried foods are the tastiest, but unhealthy.
If everything is in order with the digestive system, then the round blanks can be fried in vegetable or olive oil in a frying pan or in the oven until golden brown. Then add half a glass of water and simmer under the lid.
Minced hedgehogs with rice in the oven will be soft and tender. A baking sheet of the oven is greased with fat (butter), balls are laid out, sour cream or tomato sauce is poured. At a temperature of 180 degrees, the dish is stewed for 35-40 minutes. The result is juicy and fragrant hedgehogs from the oven, covered with rice needles.
Minced hedgehogs with rice in a slow cooker are even easier to cook than in the oven. Balls and sauce are placed in the bowl. The container is placed in the multicooker, a special program is selected. The finished dish will wait for the finest hour, without burning or drying out.
So, how delicious to cook minced meat hedgehogs with rice in the oven, in a frying pan or in a slow cooker?
Take advantage of our helpful tips:
- The base is best kneaded with fresh meat, not thawed.
- It is important not to shift the ingredients (cereals, onions, eggs), otherwise the mass will fall apart.
- Do not make too large balls (see point 2 for the reason).
- It is better to take long-grain rather than round cereals: the needles will be more realistic.
- The sauce must not completely cover the meat pieces. The optimal level is up to the middle of the kolobok.
- Do not add white bread to the meat base. Hedgehogs are not cutlets, but a kind of meatballs. Onions, garlic and cereals are sufficient as auxiliary components.
- Meat balls can be used as an independent dish or as a company for side dishes. An ideal addition to round meat - stewed or boiled vegetables, buckwheat porridge, mashed potatoes, pasta. It is better not to serve rice.
- Meat balls differ from meatballs in that the rice groats are not boiled, but raw. It is in this form that it will stick out from the surface of the balls, resembling this prickly animal.
- Made from minced chicken or veal, this dish will be an excellent option for feeding your baby with meat. Better to steam or in the oven.
- For breading, flour is used, not crackers. The latter makes the dish tough.
- To reduce the calorie content of a dish, take lean meat, and use water or vegetable broth instead of meat broth.
- Cheese lovers put this grated product in the meat preparation. A piece of cheese in the middle of a ball is a surprise.
- The zealous housewives will love to freeze raw koloboks in the freezer. They do not require complete defrosting. Put on a baking sheet, bake for half an hour - the second course is ready.
- Lovers of exotic will appreciate basmati rice, brown and friendno varieties of this cereal in the dish.
Whatever minced meat hedgehogs are made from, they will be delicious anyway.
Any of the sauce recipes will give tenderness to the dish, and relatives and friends will want to eat more and more delicacies from the oven with completely thornless needles.