12 Benefits And 3 Risks Of Eating Bitter Gourd During Pregnancy
Melon: Features of the diet of pregnant women
Melon is a fragrant and juicy berry that, like watermelon, is the subject of desire of many, but it is especially enjoyed by women in a period of interesting situation. But one desire is not enough, because the melon has quite specific properties and many women have a question whether it is possible to include a melon in the diet during pregnancy.
We will find out this and will try in our today's article.
What are the benefits of melon?
Melon is a very healthy and extremely tasty fruit , but the benefits of melon during pregnancy are also considered special. It contains a lot of nutrients that are necessary for both the mother and the unborn baby. Among them: potassium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, ascorbic and folic acids. In addition, melon is a storehouse of vitamins: PP, P, A, E, B, fiber, pectins, as well as sodium and silicon.
The healing properties of the melon are truly multifaceted, so we list the benefits of the beautiful melon during pregnancy:
- Berry gives an excellent mood and allows you to produce the hormone of happiness , which is one of the important keys to a healthy pregnancy and successful childbirth;
- Has a positive effect on the production of hemoglobin in the blood;
- Has a positive effect on intestinal motility and stimulates its stable functioning, and also helps to cope with constipation and solves the problem of hemorrhoids, which is urgent for pregnant women;
- Melon during pregnancy allows you to remove excess fluid from the body in a mild form, which makes it easy to get rid of edema;
- Has a beneficial effect on the process of blood cell production;
- Melon is rich in silicon, which makes it possible to preserve and strengthen nails and hair. The only caveat is that you need to eat the pulp, which is located at the very edge of the peel, and you can wipe the skin with the remaining skin.
In addition, melon during pregnancy will not add extra pounds to you, since 100 g of the product contains only 36 kcal. But you shouldn't get carried away with it, despite the fact that the sugars in the melon are easily digestible, in large quantities they become harmful to the body.
Eating melon right
The benefits of melon for the expectant mother during pregnancy have been proven, so you can safely eat it only if you do not have an allergic reaction to the product.
A lot does not mean good. Therefore, despite the excellent properties of the berry, it is not recommended to exceed the consumption of more than 200 g per day.
But there is a hidden danger that may lie in wait for fans of this fragrant berry - these are nitrates. Melon can be especially rich in them if it is brought from far away and is sold out of season.
It is also worth giving preference to later varieties of melons and include them in the diet exclusively in seasonshe. Given the specific properties of the berry, it should be consumed separately from other products.
Therefore, in order for the melon to be best absorbed, it is necessary to allocate a separate meal for it and not drink it with any drinks. You need to eat a melon after the main meal no earlier than after a 2-hour break, and doctors do not recommend eating it on an empty stomach.
And if you cannot avoid the joint consumption of berries along with other products, remember that in no case can melon be eaten with fermented milk products, alcohol and cold water. Violation of this taboo is certainly fraught with problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
Experts also recommend that people who suffer from the following diseases be careful about this product:
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys;
- Gastrointestinal inflammation.
Now you know that you shouldn't deny yourself the pleasure of eating juicy melons while waiting for your baby. The main thing is not to overuse and choose small portions, then during pregnancy you can safely eat both watermelon and melon! Health to you and your future babies!