How To Make Proper Croissants Completely By Hand
Learning to bake croissants at home
This type of delicacy is popular with the French, who cannot imagine their breakfast without croissants. Making delicious baked goods at home is easy. To prepare the dish, you will need puff yeast dough.
Which can there be croissants?
Although croissants are French classics, these bagels were first baked by an Austrian baker back in 1683. Unlike the Austrian recipe, the classic recipe is based on the use of yeast dough.
The variety of fillings is amazing, because you can make real croissants from puff pastry with the following fillings:
- condensed milk;
- cottage cheese;
- sour cream;
- ham or chicken;
How to make delicious croissants at home with different fillings? For a start, consider the traditional dessert recipes.
French Croissant Recipe
For classic croissants you will need :
- 0.5 kg flour;
- Yeast (8g);
- 200 g butter;
- 50 g granulated sugar;
- 130 g milk;
- 2 eggs;
- Salt to taste.
- First you need to figure out how to make yeast dough for croissants . To do this, thoroughly grind the yeast in flour. Add salt and sugar;
- Then add milk, 1 egg and about 120 g of water to the flour. Mix the contents thoroughly for five minutes;
- When the dough becomes elastic, dust it with flour and let the dough rest for at least 2 hours;
- When the piece fits, roll it out on the work surface. It is desirable that it take on a square shape;
- Put butter at least 1 cm thick in the middle of the piece;
- Fold the piece in half and start rolling;
- When the dough is elastic, fold it in three layers and refrigerate for about 30 minutes;
- After letting the workpiece rest, roll it back into a rectangle. This procedure should be repeated at least three times, sending the workpiece to the refrigerator;
- To getbeautiful croissant shape, cut the dough into triangles of equal size. Cut the base of the triangle so that the bagel takes the desired shape during baking;
- Roll the bagels starting at the base of the triangles;
- Brush the surface of the workpieces with an egg mixture with some salt added;
- To keep the croissant brown and crispy, bake the dish in the oven for 20 minutes at 220 degrees.
This was a traditional recipe for the dish, but there are many more interesting recipes in which you can use both sweet and savory filling.
It's time to answer the question of how to make real croissants with chocolate. In order not to suffer for a long time with the preparation of the dough, you can buy it at the supermarket. In fact, this is a rather difficult recipe for those who do not know how to make a thick chocolate filling for croissants . But you can cope with this, if you follow all the proportions specified in recipe.
To make a croissant with chocolate, you will need:
- 200 g dough;
- 150 g butter;
- 250 g granulated sugar;
- About 10 g cocoa;
- White chocolate bar;
- 300 ml milk;
- Dark chocolate bar;
- Vegetable oil;
- Berries (strawberries, raspberries).
- Place two saucepans on the stove. Pour 200 ml of milk into one, add a spoonful of cocoa and 160 g of granulated sugar to the second. Mix everything thoroughly, then add about 100 g of granulated sugar and 100 ml of milk to the second saucepan;
- Add a pinch of salt to both containers. Put about 70 g of butter in a saucepan with cocoa, and 40 g in another. Stir the contents until the butter is completely melted. Add dark chocolate to a saucepan with cocoa, and white chocolate to the second. Then remove both containers from heat;
- In a dark chocolate saucepan, add about two tablespoons of sifted flour and place the saucepan over low heat. Mix the contents thoroughly with a whisk;
- Then put the second saucepan on low heat, while adding 3 tablespoons of flour. Mix everything very thoroughly;
- Remove both saucepans from heat and let the contents cool;
The chocolate filling is almost ready, now you need to figure out how to make a beautiful croissant shape:
- Roll out the puff pastry on the table;
- When the workpiece is rectangular, cut it into 4 equal pieces;
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with vegetable oil;
- To protect the puff pastry from burning, prepare butter, be sure to coat it with melted butter;
- Forthen roll the blanks into a spiral. It is desirable that there is a small gap between the layers;
- Place the bagels on a baking sheet and brush the top of each croissant with vegetable oil;
- Bake bagels at 180 degrees for no more than 15 minutes.
Remove the chocolate paste from the refrigerator and serve the bagels to the table. Additionally, the dessert can be decorated with fruits and berries.
Condensed milk recipe
Now let's figure out how to make crispy croissants with condensed milk. After all, this type of delicacy is especially popular in our country.
- 300 butter;
- 250 ml milk;
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice;
- 3 tablespoons of sugar;
- Salt to taste;
- 1 bag of yeast;
- A tablespoon of honey;
- 400 g flour;
- A can of condensed milk.
- Add lemon juice and about 2 tablespoons flour to butter;
- Stir the composition until the butter becomes soft and pliable;
- Dissolve one bag of yeast in warmed milk;
- Add honey and granulated sugar to the content;
- To knead the dough, add sifted flour to the milk. Stir until you have a smooth consistency;
- Form a square of the resulting dough a couple of millimeters thick;
- Cut triangles of the same size from the workpiece;
- Place condensed milk at the base of the triangles (it is desirable that it is thick and does not spread);
- Roll the blanks into tubes starting from the base. Then you will have beautifully shaped bagels;
- Place the croissants on a baking sheet that will be greased with butter;
- Spread butter on the surface of the treats. Bake the treat in the oven for 15 minutes.
Now you know how to make homemade croissants with a variety of fillings effortlessly. Most of the recipes for this delicacy are based on the preparation of yeast puff pastry. This is precisely the difficulty of the cooking process, since the dough must be mixed with a lot of butter. In this case, the workpiece must be folded and rolled again several times.
In this difficult matter, nuances are very important, if you do not sift the flour before kneading the place, it may not rise. Then you won't get tasty and crispy bagels.
To surprise family and friends with a new dessert, be sure to observe all proportions and use only fresh products. Then you will certainly get very tasty and aromatic croissants.