How To Make A Chicken Roulade
Learn to cook a delicious chicken roll with different fillings
Poultry meat can be used to prepare a delicious and original dish that can be served on a festive table. For the preparation of minced chicken rolls, you can use both salty and sweet fillings. This is due to the neutral taste of the meat itself, which can be supplemented with various spices and products.
Making a chicken roll with mushrooms
This is the most popular recipe, which is included in the cookbooks of many housewives. It will take 2.5 hours to cook. Properly selected ingredients make the dish delicious and appetizing.
To prepare a dish for 8 servings, you need to take the following products : a whole chicken, the weight of which should be about 1.7 kg, 325 g fresh and a handful of dry mushrooms, onion, a couple of sprigs of herbs, a clove of garlic, marjoram, 1 tbsp. spoon of oil, 3 tbsp. tablespoons of hard cheese, salt and pepper.
- The first thing to do is to pour boiling water over the mushrooms for half an hour. After that, boil them for 20 minutes. and chop finely;
- Cut the onion and mushrooms into small cubes, and pass the garlic through a press. In a preheated frying pan in oil, fry the onion and garlic, and then add mushrooms to them and fry until all the liquid evaporates;
- Then put the cooked dry mushrooms, marjoram, chopped herbs, salt and pepper into the pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat, cool and add the cheese;
- It's time to butcher the chicken, which should be placed breast-side down on the board. Use a sharp knife to make a cut along the ridge and continually cut off the meat. It is important not to damage the skin. The result should be a carcass with wings and legs;
- In the next step, make cuts and remove the bones. After that, cover the resulting meat with foil and lightly beat it;
- To make a chicken roll, place the prepared filling in the center and twist the meat, wrapping the edges. Using twine, wrap the roll, but do not over tighten. Cook in the oven at 190 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes. After that it is recommended to cool it, wrap it in foil and put it in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
Making Chicken and Prune Roll
This recipe combines meat and sweetness to produce deliciousa rather original and tasty duet. This dish can be eaten both cold and hot. It will delight the family at dinner and guests at the party.
For cooking, take the following products : 600 g fillet, 100 g pitted prunes, 100 g hard cheese, 3 cloves of garlic, salt and spices.
- The recipe for this dish begins with rinsing and drying fillets with napkins. It needs to be cut into several pieces, and then beaten off to get flat pieces. To avoid damaging the meat fibers, wrap everything with cling film;
- Take some foil and place it on the table. Place fillet pieces on the edge to make a rectangle without holes;
- Pass the garlic through a press and spread it over the chicken. You also need to salt, pepper and add spices;
- It's time to tackle the prunes, rinse well and cut into small pieces. They should be evenly distributed over the meat. Grate the cheese and place it on the chicken as well
- Gently roll the roll, tucking in the edges. Secure everything with toothpicks. Wrap it in foil so there are no holes. Cook in an oven preheated to 180 degrees on the middle rack for 40 minutes. Serve in portions;
Making Chicken Roll with Gelatin
Many people choose this recipe to replace boring and tasteless sausage. Natural products are used for homemade roll, which means that it can be given to children without fear. This dish will decorate both everyday and festive tables.
For cooking, take the following ingredients : chicken weighing about 1.5 kg, 1 teaspoon of mustard, 30 g gelatin, marjoram, dried basil, oregano, paprika, dry garlic and salt.
- First, rinse the carcass thoroughly and remove the remaining feathers. Using a paper towel, dry the chicken. Then cut it into pieces, remove the skin and remove the bones;
- Cut the meat into small pieces and beat lightly to soften. Put everything in a bowl, mix with mustard, gelatin and add all prepared spices to taste. Stir everything with your hands and leave for 20 minutes;
- Take a baking dish, line it with cling film and lay out the prepared meat. Form a roll, but make sure that the film does not get inside. Wrap it in several layers with foil, and on top with foil so that there are no holes. Pour 1 tbsp into the mold. water and send to the oven, which should be preheated to 200 degrees. Cooking time - 1 hour;
- After that, cool the dish at room temperature, and then send it to the refrigerator for 5 hours.
If desired, the meat can be chopped in a meat grinder or blender, which will allow you to get a more delicate consistency. You can add bell peppers and herbs to the recipe.
Making Chicken Roll with Omelet
Such a dish can be considered a dietary one, since it contains a lot of protein that the body needs. You can add additional ingredients to the recipe, for example, mushrooms, herbs, dried fruits, etc. As a result, you get a new taste of an already loved dish.
For this recipe, take the following ingredients : 1 kg fillet, yolk, onion, carrot, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, dill, 3 eggs, 1 tbsp ... a spoonful of sour cream, salt, spices and oil.
- To make an omelet, take 2 eggs, add sour cream, salt and your favorite spices to them and beat well. Prepare an omelet from the resulting mass and cool it;
- At this time, peel the vegetables and make minced chicken, for which mince the meat through a meat grinder twice. Then grind the peeled vegetables in a meat grinder or blender. Mix everything, add egg, salt, pepper and mix everything thoroughly;
- Cover the table with cling film and put the prepared minced meat on it in an oval. Sprinkle everything on top with chopped herbs and cover with an omelet. Helping yourself with plastic wrap, wrap the roll and roll it several times to make it tight;
- Take a baking sheet, cover with foil and lay out the roll. The film must be carefully removed and wrapped in foil. Cook in the oven at 200 degrees for half an hour;
- After that, take out the mold, unfold the foil and brush the top with yolk. Put everything in the oven again and bake for another 10 minutes. Remain to cool and serve.
Making a pita roll with chicken and mushrooms
Many people like these snacks for their quick preparation and a huge assortment. It is suitable for both a home snack and a festive table.
For cooking, you should take the following products : 2 thin pita bread, 1/4 chicken, a can of canned mushrooms, an onion, 120 g cheese, mayonnaise.
- First, boil the meat in salted water. After that, you need to chop it finely;
- Peel and chop the onion, and grate the cheese. You also need to remove the brine from the mushrooms and cut them into slices;
- To make a roll of pita bread with chicken, lay two sheets of pita bread on the table one on top of the other to prevent breakage. Brush it with mayonnaise and spread the chicken and onion evenly, and put the mushrooms on top. Sprinkle everything with cheese and roll gently. You can send it for 3 minutes. in the oven to melt the cheese. Serve the roll in pieces.
Now you know how to cook chicken roll according to the classic recipes. Using the basic recommendations, everyone can change the recipe, changing the ingredients, which will allow you to get new original options.