HOW TO TREAT SORE THROAT AT HOME - AT HOME REMEDIES STREP THROAT
How to treat sore throat?
The formation of pustules on the mucous membrane of the throat is a standard defense reaction against the penetration of dangerous microorganisms. Most often, staphylococci and streptococci, which settle on the tonsils, become the cause of the abscess. In most cases, a similar symptom accompanies flu and sore throat, but other diseases cannot be ruled out. How to get rid of sore throats, we will consider in our article.
Signs and symptoms
The appearance of foci of inflammation in the pharynx and on its back wall indicates that one of the types of pathogenic bacteria (streptococcus, enterococcus, staphylococcus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa) has entered the body. The possibility of infection by fungi of the genus Candida is not excluded.
If an abscess has formed in a child's throat, the possibility of contracting a dangerous infection - diphtheria is not excluded. But do not panic ahead of time, often food leftovers (dairy products, cereals) are taken for abscesses, which are removed by rinsing.
Laboratory tests are required to make a diagnosis. Even if the child's abscesses are not accompanied by an increase in temperature, then you should not postpone a visit to the doctor. They cause a sore throat, so children refuse to eat. In order to prevent a drop in sugar levels, it is important to give the child more fruit drinks, sweet tea or compote. The main condition for drinking is to exclude hot.
If an abscess is accompanied by a high fever, this is a sign of follicular sore throat. The disease is manifested by discomfort when swallowing, enlarged cervical lymph nodes, weakness and fever. It is caused by streptococcus, the bacterium attacks with a general decrease in immunity or severe hypothermia of the throat.
With an exacerbation of chronic tonsillitis, abscesses appear in the throat without fever. The tonsils, as a natural barrier to infections, trap microbes that are spread by airborne droplets. Their surface has winding channels - lacunae, which are clogged with purulent plugs during inflammation. Microbial-fighting lymphocytes and blood particles form white abscesses. You can get rid of them with conservative treatment, which will be prescribed by a doctor.
Causes of sore throat
The list of common infections that cause inflammation on the tonsils and back of the throat include:
- Tonsillitis - a chronic or acute stage of the pathology is characterized by abscesses. In an advanced form, the amount of toxins becomes dangerous to the body, instead of drug treatment, doctors prescribe tonsillectomy (removal of tonsils).
- Angina is an ailment caused by a virus or fungus. It is accompanied by characteristic symptoms: a sore throat, enlarged tonsils, a rise in temperature.
- Pharyngitis - defined by dry mouth, glandular inflammation, purulent formations on the back of the throat.
- Pharyngomycosis - a plaque in the pharynx causes intensive reproduction of yeast-like fungi. Thrush proceeds without temperature. Its appearance in adults and children is associated with several factors: long-term use of antibiotics, which lowers immunity, and poor hygiene. You can get rid of plaque by taking antifungal pills and applying special ointments.
- Trauma or burn of the tonsils leads to ulcers and rashes on the mucous membrane. Mechanical damage can open the way for pathogenic bacteria that cause inflammation. But the plaque itself on the tonsils resembles the symptoms of angina. Damage to the mucosa without complications does not need to be treated, you will have to endure until the throat hurts and you feel soreness.
- Stomatitis - the lesion covers the entire oral cavity, can spread to the back of the throat. It is expressed by the appearance of ulcerative formations and white plaque. In the early stages, the patient does not have a fever and a deterioration in well-being. Stomatitis can be caused by various diseases (gastritis, vitamin deficiency, anemia) or poor oral hygiene. If ulcers are not treated in time, complications in the form of high fever will arise.
Dangerous infections that require immediate medical attention can be distinguished by several symptoms:
- temperature rise to 39-40 ° C;
- swelling of the glands that blocks the airway;
- large numbers of abscesses;
- inflammation of the lymph nodes.
How to cure sore throat
The choice of medicines depends on the cause of the problem. In laboratory conditions, the type of microorganism and its sensitivity to antibiotics are determined. A smear of pus is taken for analysis.
For any pathology, there are general rules for treatment:
- appointment of bed rest;
- an abundant warm drink;
- when sore throat, it is recommended to eat soft foods that do not irritate the glands;
- Frequent rinsing up to 7-8 times a day to cleanse abscesses.
Preparing a rinse is easy:
- A solution of salt and soda. A glass of warm water will require half a teaspoon of baking soda and salt. To enhance the effect, add 3-4 drops of iodine. It is better to replace table salt with fruit drinkcoy, which contains many minerals.
- Furacilin solution has a pronounced antiseptic effect. One tablet of the substance dissolves in 0.5 l of water.
- Calendula tincture. Calendula flowers have healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Tincture of the plant can treat laryngitis and tonsillitis. An alcohol solution is used in a proportion of 1 tbsp. spoon into a glass of warm water. Rinse for up to 30 seconds.
To treat bacterial sore throats and tonsillitis, doctors prescribe broad-spectrum antibiotics:
- Amoxicillin ;
- Flucostat ;
- Amoxiclav ;
- Azithromycin .
If the throat and head hurts, Ibuprofen is prescribed, it is also an anti-inflammatory drug. Complex therapy will help eliminate complications from an infectious disease. You can treat abscesses with antiseptics on an outpatient basis or at home. In addition to saline solutions, infusions of oak and sage bark, chlorophyllipt solution, aerosol products IRS-19 , Ingalipt , Hexoral . In the hospital, the lacunae of the tonsils are washed with special means and sealed with pastes. Tablets Lizobact have a local effect on ulcers.
Physiotherapy will help to consolidate the result, in order to treat abscesses, UHF is prescribed, warming up with ultraviolet light, a laser on the lymph nodes, and an ultrasound device is applied to the tonsils.
General strengthening of immunity is an integral part of therapy. Multivitamin preparations, hardening are prescribed. We recommend taking Immunal , a course of injections of aloe extract.
Preventive measures will help to prevent the appearance of abscesses on the tonsils:
- strengthening the immune system, especially before the winter cold;
- exclusion of contacts with sick people;
- compliance with the norms of oral hygiene, most importantly when wearing dentures;
- timely treatment of ENT diseases.
People with chronic tonsillitis are at risk, they should not neglect to undergo preventive physiotherapy and gargle. It is better to prevent the problem than to cure it.