How to make marzipan at home?
Marzipan is well known to confectioners all over the world, and in Europe it is generally considered one of the main delicacies for those with a sweet tooth. Despite the uncomplicated appearance of the product, it is not easy to prepare it - all marzipan recipes, without exception, include the highest quality almonds. Stay rancid nuts will not work under any circumstances. Keep this in mind when making marzipan at home.
What is marzipan and what is it made of?
The name of the product is translated from German as March bread. In fact, marzipan is a mixture of powdered sugar and almonds, ground into flour, which are brought to a pasty state with the help of additional ingredients. Further, sweets, figures and other elements of confectionery decor are formed from the paste.
The basis of real marzipan is always high-quality almonds. Its content in the composition of the paste should not be less than 33%. Like any dish, the recipe for marzipan has transformed over time. Today, other nuts, zest, fruits, rum and liqueurs are added to it ... But the proportions of almonds and powdered sugar have remained traditional.
As already mentioned, there are many different recipes and we suggest talking about some now. It is important to note that it is important to follow the proportions and cooking recommendations, otherwise nothing will work. To store the mass, you must first wrap it in foil, in the refrigerator or in the freezer. Remove it from the refrigerator before use.
Traditional marzipan recipe
For cooking, you need to take the following products: 500 g of peeled sweet and 15 pieces of bitter almonds, 200 g of powdered sugar, 1 glass of water.
At the first stage, pour boiling water over the almonds and remove the skin, and then put it in the oven for a few minutes with the door open. After that, the nuts should be crushed with a coffee grinder to a state of flour. The next step is to make a powder from sugar, which then needs to be rubbed through a fine sieve.
Then you need to mix the prepared ingredients and it is best to use a mix for thisep. Put the mass in a porcelain container and, constantly turning, sprinkle prepared cold water on it. After that, transfer everything to a thick-walled metal dish and heat over low heat. When the mass becomes homogeneous and thick, you can turn off the heat.
Hot way to make marzipan
This parzipan is perfect for pouring a cake or pastries. It is important to bear in mind that marzipan cooked under heat treatment should be used to decorate the cake immediately, while it is still hot and has not had time to cool down.
In order to make 700 g of sweet mass, you need to take the following products: a couple of eggs, 180 g of powder, 345 g of almond flour, 4 drops of vanilla essence and 1 teaspoon of juice lemon.
First, beat the eggs in a bowl and send the powder to them. Place the container in a steam bath and cook, stirring constantly, until a creamy mass is formed. Then remove the bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, then whisk to make a soft mass. Sprinkle the board or table with powder, lay out the paste and knead it well with your hands, until smooth. It's important not to overdo it.
Cold way to make marzipan
This paste can be stored in the refrigerator and used over time.
To prepare 900 g of marzipan mass, you need to take the following products : 2 yolks and eggs, 230 g of sugar and the same amount of powder, 445 g of almond flour, 6 drops of vanilla essence and 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
First, combine sugar, powder, and then add flour. Combine eggs, yolks, lemon juice and essence in a separate container. Make a hole in the sugar mixture and pour in the liquid ingredients, and then mix well. Pour some powder on the surface, spread the mixture and knead it thoroughly.
Recipe for marzipan with sugar syrup
To prepare this dish, you need to take: 100 g of almonds, 150 g of sugar and 40 g of water.
Peel the nuts by dipping them in boiling water, and then rinse in cold water and dry in the oven at 60 degrees for 5 minutes. Grind the nuts to a flour condition. Take a skillet with a thick bottom, put sugar and water in it, bring to a boil and, stirring constantly, prepare the syrup. To test if it's done, take some syrup and dip it in cold water. If you get a soft mass, you're done.
Put almond flour in the syrup and, without stopping stirring, cook for another 3 minutes. Grease a plate with oil and put the prepared mass, and leave to cool. After that, it must be chopped in a meat grinder with a fine nozzle. The result should be a plastic paste that can be used to make various desserts.
Homemade Marzipan with additional ingredients
- Recipe with cognac. To do this, take: 225 g of powder, almonds, protein, 1.2 tsp of liquor, and a couple of drops of lemon juice. Peel the nuts and send them to a coffee grinder, and then combine Mix and place the other ingredients. The resulting mass should be ground again and divided into two parts, which should be turned into a layer 3 cm thick. They should be wrapped in foil and sent to the refrigerator for at least 2 days. After that, it is recommended to cut the marzipan into slices ;
- Recipe with rose water. For this recipe you will need: 580 g of sweet almonds and the same amount of sugar, and you also need 60 g of bitter nuts and 4 tbsp. spoons of rose water. Dry and grind the nuts in a meat grinder. Send sugar, rose water there and mix everything well. Send everything to the refrigerator for 13 hours. After the time has passed, divide the mass into small pieces and dry them in a warm oven;
- Cream recipe. To prepare sweetness according to this recipe, you need to take the following products: 0.5 tbsp. cream 20% and the same amount of flour, 110 g of almonds and 250 g of powder. Combine the cream, flour and mix everything well. Put on low heat and stir until the mixture is thick and easy to come off the sides and bottom of the container. Put chopped almonds, powder into the cooled mass and knead a homogeneous mass, which should be rolled into a thin layer. You can make marzipan figurines and dry them at room temperature.
You can choose any recipe or cook several options and then choose the one that suits you best.
How to make marzipan candies?
There are a huge number of pastries where marzipan is used as an ingredient. But this sweetness itself is considered a delicious candy. We offer you a recipe for homemade marzipan sweets that can compete with store ones.
For cooking, you need to take the following ingredients: 150 g each of almonds and powdered sugar, 2 tbsp. tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tbsp. a spoonful of liqueur, 150 g of chocolate and 15 pitted candied cherries.
- Almonds need to be peeled, dried and ground into flour using a coffee grinder. Culinary secret - to quickly peel nuts, they need to be dipped in boiling water for a couple of minutes;
- Send powder, lemon juice and liquor to the resulting flour, and then mix everything well. It is best to do it with your hands. If the mass is too sticky to your hands, then add more powder, and if, on the contrary, crumbles, then pour more liquor;
- Divide the mass into 15 parts and roll into flat cakes;
- Place a cherry in the center of each, wrap the edges and roll into a tight ball;
- It's time for the chocolate to melt in a water bath;
- Stick each candy on a toothpick, dip instick the chocolate and back into the apples to dry;
- Put everything in the refrigerator and keep there until the chocolate is completely solidified.
Knowing these recipes, you can not worry about your children who love sweets, since homemade marzipan and desserts made from it are not only delicious, but also as natural as possible. The plastic mass can be used to prepare various fillings for baking, to create decorations for cakes, etc. Bon appetit!