How to make Samosa
How to make delicious samsa
Samsa, made from puff pastry and minced meat, has long occupied an important place in oriental cuisine. Along with pies, pies and other goodies, this original pie has earned respect and love, becoming a familiar delicacy, elementary in preparation.
Despite the historical fact that puff pastry samsa must necessarily be baked in a specific oven - tandoor, our compatriots cook it quite successfully in electric and gas ovens. The most difficult thing is to make the basis of the dish directly, which is what this article will help you with.
Secrets test for samsa
The basis for a good result has always been the correct technique for achieving it. This also applies to the preparation of Asian delicacies, which are impossible without soundly and properly prepared dough. This means that the pie should definitely be made only from a self-made base, which is many times better than its industrial counterpart.
Of course, unleavened dough can also be used for this dish, but only its flaky version guarantees lush and ruddy pastries that you fall in love with the first time.
Manufacturing does not take much time or effort. In fact, the whole process comes down to getting a fresh dough with salt and water, which in its consistency resembles a mass for modeling dumplings.
The finished initial product is elastic, soft, does not stretch with the fingers and easily holds the desired shape. In addition, the puff pastry for samsa needs to be kneaded so steeply that you have to make an effort when rolling it. The approximate ratio of flour to water is usually 1: 4.
Two ways to prepare a test
It is worth noting that there are a myriad of options for what ingredients can be used to prepare the base for a pie from distant Asia. Let's take a look at the most popular one.
You need to stock up:
- 4 glasses of flour;
- 1 egg;
- half a teaspoon of salt;
- a glass of water;
- a box of margarine for sandwiching the dough.
All of these products can be mixed in one of the following ways:
- From flour, eggs, water and salt, you need to knead a cool mass, which should be allowed to distance for 40 minutes. For invitingTo identify the most delicious samsa, it is necessary to roll the base into a layer, no more than 1 mm thick. Its surface is smeared with slightly melted margarine, the layer is folded in half, smeared and folded again. This must be repeated until a cake the size of a notebook forms on the table. It must be wrapped in plastic and put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes;
- You can do it easier: the dough , prepared for samsa, is rolled out until a layer of 1 mm thick is obtained, it is smeared with the same melted margarine and rolled into a dense sausage. The latter is packed in plastic wrap and sent to the refrigerator for 20 minutes;
How to make the filling?
The original recipe for this dish provides only manual cutting of meat and onions. Ideally, it will be a lamb or beef filling, for each kilogram of which comes one kilogram of chopped onion.
Asian housewives themselves add about 200 grams of fat tail fat or fatty pork, salt, ground black pepper, cumin and other spices to this mixture. All this should be thoroughly mixed and you can start sculpting products.
How to join the edges correctly?
Whatever recipe for the base you use, baked goods need to be given a shape that has not changed for centuries.
Sounds serious, in practice it is elementary, and you can do it in one of three ways:
- Just place the required amount of minced meat in the middle of the rolled flat cake, and pinch all the edges in the middle;
- You can also give the cake the shape of a triangle, for which the sides of the blank are connected with a vertical pinch, after which you need to lift the bottom of the cake and mold it too;
- To get a square samsa, you need to connect the side, top and bottom of the rolled circle.
The prepared semi-finished product must be greased with an egg with sesame seeds and laid out on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
The oven should be heated to 190 degrees, after which the pies, which are cooked for 40 minutes, will be placed in it. Upon completion of the process, the blanks must be immediately covered with melted butter.
Several original ways to make samsa
Having mastered the basic wisdom of cooking this dish, you invariably want to try all its variations.
We offer a selection of unusual and delicious recipes for meat pies from Asia:
- Then roll out each piece, brush with melted butter, fold on top of each other and roll into a sausage. The latter is cut into the required number of pieces, which are rolled into a cake along the cut. The filling consists of 700 grams of finely chopped chicken fillet, 2 large onions, salt, parsley and 100 grams of choppedcured butter;
- The recipe for the next puff pastry for samsa is as follows: in a deep bowl, mix 1 egg, a pinch of salt and a glass of cold milk. Then 0.5 kg of sifted flour is added to this mixture, and the dough must be left alone for half an hour. Then the base is kneaded, divided into three parts, which again rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- From two glasses of flour, a pinch of salt and 250 ml of boiling water, you need to knead the custard dough. You can make it flaky according to one of the principles indicated above, but it is worth smearing each new folded layer exclusively with butter melted in a pan. The resulting notebook is carefully rolled out and all the manipulations are repeated. This must be done at least 5 times, and the last workpiece must be wrapped in foil and sent to the refrigerator for 1.5 hours. The filling in this recipe consists of half a kilogram of ground beef, 3 large onions, one ripe and finely chopped tomato and sweet pepper, parsley, cumin and salt to taste. For pinching and baking principle, see above;
- We offer an original recipe for Asian pies in a modern way. To implement it, 0.25 ml of water must be very strongly cooled, add 25 ml of vinegar and vegetable oil, a pinch of salt and 0.5 kg of sifted flour to it. The dough will turn out to be very thick, it must be divided into 3 pieces, each of which is rolled thinly and greased with melted butter;
- The layers are stacked on top of each other, rolled into a roll, placed in a film and sent to the refrigerator for one hour. The filling will consist of 300 grams of finely grated suluguni cheese, one chopped egg and a garlic clove. The chilled dough is removed, divided into pieces, which are rolled out along the cut into a thin cake.
Some helpful tips
To preserve the unique pattern of the puff pastry, when rolling out the cake, you need to press harder on the edges, and not on the middle. The place for rolling should be slightly dusty with starch, and the mass itself must be kneaded until perfect plasticity.
Ready-made pies are served on a huge platter decorated with parsley, and it is customary to wash them down with tea. Such pastries are quite suitable for a hearty lunch if soup or borscht was served with it.