DIY - Corrugated paper roses
How to make corrugated paper flowers?
Making flowers is one of the favorite activities of needlewomen. They can be used to decorate offices and apartments, premises where special events are held (for example, weddings, birthdays, etc.), clothes and accessories, giving the premises and wardrobe items a new sound.
Making flowers out of corrugated paper with your own hands is not very difficult if you practice a little and follow the advice of experienced craftswomen, and the result of this lesson will be wonderful decorative elements.
corrugated paper properties
Corrugated paper appeared and became widely used much later than its usual parent - in the 19th century.
It was used in England, making headwear lining from it.
Today, using this material, you can make flowers and other crafts, because soon it began to be used not only for hats, and not only in England, but also far beyond its borders and for other purposes.
This material is also known under other names - crepe or crepe paper, crepe, corrugation, pleated.
It has a lot of advantages:
- It is easy to work with it, because the crepe is elastic, which allows it to easily take any desired shape and hold it;
- Pleated fabric combines perfectly with other materials, thanks to which it can be used to make any compositions, for example, large flowers from corrugated paper with beads, ribbons, rhinestones, etc .;
- Corrugation is made in a wide range of colors, which allows you to choose a material, using which you can embody any of your ideas.
Get some ideas to create your own pleated masterpiece.
classic corrugated paper flower
You can make such a craft with your child or on your own if you are a beginner in this field of art. The process of making it is simple, but you will gain the necessary skills in creating flowers from corrugated paper, which will help you with this master class.
What to arm yourself with?
- Scissors (this tool should be thin and sharp);
- Cardboard circle;
- Corrugation (you can take several samples of different colors, or you can do with one);
You also need to prepare in advance an additionalarton circle. It can be replaced with some other flat, round object (such as a coin). We will use this item as a template.
Making a flower out of corrugated paper like this:
- Using a cardboard circle as a template, cut out 12 pleated circles.
- We sharpen one edge of each circle, and then fix this place with glue, thus creating petals.
- On the edge of the cardboard circle (you can take the one that we used as a template or cut out a new one) we glue 5 petals, making sure that they are evenly distributed.
- We follow the master class and create an inner row of petals, the number of which will be 4.
- Now glue the remaining 3 petals into the center of the circle.
- Next, you need to execute the core. We cut off a piece of corrugation about 3 cm long. We make transverse cuts on the paper, twist it around the toothpick in several turns. You should get a fluffy fringe. Fix the base of the core with glue, move it and attach it to the middle of the petals.
This workshop will help you create a beautiful plant that won't take much of your time to make.
candy and corrugated paper flowers
At the beginning of spring, you really want to please your loved ones with something tasty and at the same time beautiful. For example, on March 8, women are given snowdrops, but it can be very difficult to find them on sale, since these gifts of nature are quite rare.
Nevertheless, there is a way out - you can create snowdrops flowers from corrugated paper and candies with your own hands.
Here's what you need:
- Chocolate candies in foil;
- White and green corrugation;
- Scissors (sharp, thin);
- Shopping cart;
- Long toothpicks;
- Artificial grass;
- Styrofoam, the size of which is equal to the size of the bottom of the basket;
- Organza or green chiffon (you can use a mesh).
- We divide a white sheet of paper into blanks that we will use to make petals (for each snowdrop, 4 of them are needed). Each piece should be 4 cm wide and 16 cm long.
- Twist the workpiece in the middle and bend it in half at the twist point. At the same time, we connect the free edges and also twist them together. Straighten the petals so that they are convex.
- We put the candy on a long toothpick (you can fix it with tape).
- Now attach 4 petals in a circle to the base in the shape of a candy on a toothpick. A bud is formed through the petals. The number of candies should correspond to the number of buds, and the latter is up to you.
- Wrap the base of the petals with green corrugated paper and continue wrapping in a spiraluse the same material to use a toothpick, thus creating a stem. We fix it at the very bottom of the stem with glue.
- Making leaves. From organza, chiffon or mesh we cut out a blank in the form of a square with dimensions of 15x15 cm.In its center we make a hole with scissors.
- We thread the organza (or other fabric) into the stem, raise it to the required height, round the edges so that we get waves.
- Now you need to make corrugated paper flowers in the amount you need for the bouquet, just like you made the first snowdrop.
- We put foam plastic on the bottom of the basket, put snowdrops with sweets in it, decorate the resulting composition with artificial grass.
The resulting masterpiece is a great gift if you need to congratulate someone on any occasion.
DIY corrugated paper autumn flowers
It is believed that only spring and summer can please us with a riot of colors. Nevertheless, autumn also gives a variety of colors, it is not in vain that the poet called her eyes a charm. Autumn flowers such as gladioli bloom at this time of year, which can also be made from corrugated paper with your own hands in different colors.
- Corrugation green and yellow;
- Bamboo stick;
Instead of yellow corrugation, you can take material of any other color - red, pink, coral or other tone in which gladiolus is found in nature. You can also make several gladioli in different tones.
We make the craft this way.
- We make unopened gladiolus inflorescences, which usually adorn the tops of plants. To do this, cut off a strip of green corrugation about 6 cm long and about 1 cm wide.
- Now we twist the green strip in the middle, straighten the halves of the strip with our fingers so that they become convex, and then connect the free ends.
- Tighten the bud with a thread, and make its top pointed. We make a few more such buds (4-5 pcs.)
- Next, we make a flower that has opened. Cut off three strips of green crepe measuring 1x6 cm, each cut so that it is pointed. Make the pointed ends bulge.
- Cut a strip of the same size from the yellow corrugation, twist it in the middle, stretch the halves so that they are convex.
- Fold the free edges, attach green stripes with pointed edges to the resulting bud on both sides. We connect all these elements by means of a thread at the base of the bud. We make several such blanks (4-5).
- Now we make drop buds. Cut out several yellow petals, stretch their edges so that they are wavy. We twist the petals, attach 2 greens on the sidesx sheet, connecting the elements with a thread. Making some buds.
- Next, we make opened buds (for each you need 5-6 petals). We stretch them along the edges, connect with a thread at the base, forming opened inflorescences.
- We wrap the bamboo stick with green crepe, at the same time weaving all the buds - unopened on top, then opening, then half-open, and below there should be open buds.
- Our autumn gladioli need leaves. Cut out 3-4 strips measuring 4x12 cm. Cut them in such a way that they look like leaves. We stretch them and use PVA to attach them to the stem from below.
Gladiolus is ready.
With the help of corrugated paper, you can create whole compositions, elements of which will be different plants. They will be a great decoration element or a great gift.