DIY DRESS FORM w/ Sewing Pattern Decoupage! | Craft Tutorial | Dressmaking Tailors Dummy
How to make a DIY mannequin: advice and help
A variety of auxiliary shells are used to practice skills in oriental martial arts. Most of them are quite expensive, and not every beginner athlete can afford to purchase such a design for combat training. Therefore, you need to know how to make a wooden mannequin yourself.
Stages making a projectile
I must say that unlikable wood is suitable for making a projectile. It is best to use pine, birch, oak or poplar. The arms and legs of the structure experience the greatest stress, therefore, to perform these blanks, it is better to look for high-strength wood - maple, ash, elm or oak. The material for the support frame can be the same wood species.
The most important condition, which must be strictly observed, is the use of completely dried logs. It is preferable to dry it in a special chamber or purchase ready-made material.
How to make a wooden mannequin with your own hands? So, the acquired material will be used to make a one and a half to two meter pillar with a diameter of 20-25 cm. In this case, he should have three arms and a leg. The role of the frame will be taken over by two beams, which must be passed through the holes in the upper and lower parts of the post and fixed on perpendicular rectangular posts.
A pillar made of wood must be processed, endowing it with an ideal cylindrical shape. The bark and branches need to be removed, to cut off all irregularities and protruding areas. To do this, you should stock up on an electric plane in advance, and then sand the wood with sandpaper.
After that, you can proceed to making the arms and legs of the projectile. After sawing sticks from solid wood, fasten them in the previously made holes. An iron pipe is used to make a leg, which then needs to be wrapped with a cable or rope. It is not forbidden to use solid wood, if you manage to get the workpiece you need.
When securing your hands, you need to make sure that there is not too much horizontal angle between them. The upper arms should be placed at the same height, while the left should be fastened slightly higher than the right and tilted down. Raise the right one up, and the middle one should be fixed lower in a horizontal position. Ready to cover the shell with wood stain or varnish.
Any seamstress, whether experienced or not, is interested in how to make the perfect sewing dummy, which would be made according to the exact parameters of its ownvenous figure? This is very convenient, because it frees you from the need for annoying fitting. There is one way, and it is very fast, simple and inexpensive.
- The mannequin cannot be made without the help of someone from the outside, for example, a friend. It is necessary to put on a T-shirt, which you will not mind parting with, and stand up straight;
- a friend should methodically and very carefully wrap the seamstress with tape in several layers starting from the neck and ending with the hips;
- cut the resulting shell on the back and remove;
- glue the cut line with tape, and fill the structure with cotton wool, holofiber or polyurethane foam, although you need to be very careful with the latter. To prevent the form from cracking, the structure must be filled in gradually, allowing the foam to harden;
- cover the remaining holes for arms and legs with cardboard and tape;
- You can achieve full resemblance to a haute couture mannequin by stitching a decorative cover for it and placing it on a stand.
How to make a mannequin for your favorite doll? By the same principle as for yourself. You can adopt the method of making papier-mâché. Wrap the doll's body without the head, arms and legs with cling film and begin to glue it with small pieces of paper. This option can also be used by those who do not know how to make a paper mannequin.
To work faster, the workpiece can be periodically blown with a hairdryer. Several layers of bandage will strengthen the structure. Cut the completely dried carapace along the back and remove from the doll.
Tape the edges with tape and fill the cavity inside with cotton wool or construction foam, but it is better not to experiment with the latter, since it is very difficult to stop in time, filling such a small space, and it will take a long time to dry.
How to make a quality mini mannequin? If you plan to stick needles into the structure, then a soft top layer must be provided. It is easy to get it with cotton pads. Dividing them in half, stick them on the workpiece with glue. Having covered the top with a capron and pulled the waist with a beautiful bright ribbon, get a ready-made mannequin for the doll.
Those who are engaged in the manufacture of hats and various accessories simply cannot do without this design. How to make a durable mannequin head?
- take a construction helmet or any container of the same size. Cover with polyethylene and half-fill with polyethylene foam;
- Turn over dried foam on one side and allow it to dry on the other. After remove the polyethylene;
- now needs to tackle the foundation for the future head. To do this, you need to install a cylindrical bar of the same material on a small piece of rectangular wood, and cover it with velvet for beauty;
- shape a piece of foam into a head, make a hole at the bottom, andput it on a block, not forgetting to coat the block with glue;
- now it remains only to wrap the head itself with a suitable material and fasten it with a tape at the bottom. That's all, this is the beauty.
How to quickly make a mannequin for jewelry? Experts give their advice and say that nothing could be easier. To make a holder for chains, necklaces and beads, you need to draw or print a bust template. In the future, it can be transferred to cardboard, cut along the contour, fold the upper edges together and secure with a stapler.
This design is installed on a flat surface. If you want to hang it on the wall, then the template should be transferred to thick plywood.
After giving it a proper look with a jigsaw and paper, cover the workpiece with paint, and glue a block on the back side and screw in a couple of hooks that will fix the dummy on the wall. Now it can be used for its intended purpose.
As you can see, there are quite a few ways to create mannequins for different needs. Choose your option and feel free to get to work!