Learn How To Sharpen: Episode 15 - Removing A Burr
How to fix burr?
Larting or dyslalia is a defect that has nothing to do with the development of the speech apparatus. It is advisable to correct the deficiency in childhood by seeking the help of a speech therapist. If parents are constantly engaged with the baby, he will quickly be able to learn to pronounce the letter p correctly. Otherwise, the defect will be fixed and it will be much more difficult to get rid of it in the future.
Why do people lisp - causes of speech impairment
Dislalia can develop for several reasons. For example, a bridle that is too short restricts tongue movement. The child may simply not understand how to put the language when trying to pronounce p . The muscles of the tongue itself may be too weak to produce a rolling sound.
Sometimes a defect has a psychological cause. If there is a close person around the child who cannot pronounce p , the baby begins to lurp, subconsciously imitating the adult.
Is it worth worrying if a defect cannot be fixed? It is believed that for an adult, the inability to pronounce the letter p can negatively affect career growth. In fact, knowledge is more important in a career than clarity of speech. Even for speakers, such a defect is not defining. Lenin's barbarism did not prevent the crowds from being drawn along.
There is a whole nation where this disadvantage, on the contrary, is considered an advantage. Why do the French lisp, and this dialect is recognized as one of the most beautiful in the world? And at present, a huge number of schoolchildren and students are puzzled by the problem of how to learn to burst the letter p in order to improve their French.
However, if Lenin and the French are not authorities, you can make an effort and get rid of the lack already in adulthood. However, experts say that it may take 1-2 years to fix an established defect.
Exercises for an adult, how to stop licking
There are specially designed exercises that can help you get rid of dyslalia forever. Of course, any exercise will become much more effective if performed under the guidance of an experienced speech therapist.
However, you can achieve a positive result on your own by showing patience and perseverance.
Before proceeding with the main complex, it is recommended to do a simple warm-up:
- it is necessary to stretch the lips, and then pull them forward, as if alternately pronouncing the sounds and and y .
- the tongue touches the upper as well as the lower palate;
- move the tongue in the mouth from left to right;
- with your mouth wide open, you must first touch the tip of your tonguethe upper palate and only after that press against it with a wide tongue, trying to touch the palate with the larger surface of the organ.
Each of the above exercises should be performed for at least 2 minutes.
Upon completion of the warm-up complex, you can proceed to the main exercises:
- You need to learn how to growl . Open your mouth and tap the top row of teeth with the tip of your tongue. First, you should pronounce the sound drr , gradually trying to translate it into drrr or trrrr ... The sound should resemble the sound that is heard when starting the engine. Using the sounds d and t before p will help you learn more effectively growls ;
- When the growl starts to come out, but the letter p itself does not sound yet, you should pay more attention to reading poems, in which are often the combinations others or tr . Other words are gradually introduced, where the sound p is combined with other consonants;
- A wonderful effect is obtained by pronouncing tongue twisters. It is important to keep practicing every day;
- Another great exercise, how not to lisp the sound p , for 1-2 minutes slowly pronounce the sounds te-te-le . You need to speak without stopping, increasing the pace. It is advisable to spend 5-6 minutes a day on the exercise. Particular attention is paid to the pronunciation of the sound le . In this case, the tip of the tongue should fit under the upper teeth and touch the tubercles located behind them;
- Having mastered this exercise, proceed to the next. In this case, it is necessary to pronounce a set of sounds de-te-de . The first de is pronounced as usual, the second time the combination of sounds is performed by placing the tip of the tongue on the tubercles under the upper teeth, as in the previous exercise with the combination le . These sounds are developed for about 5-7 minutes;
- When the sounds are clear, increase the tempo until the letter p is heard clearly. So, you can proceed to pronouncing words with the content of this sound;
- As a rule, it is recommended to say at least 10 times: shudder, roll, dart, bustard, choke, thigh, subway, sly, bucket, etc. Feeling that the words begin to work out, the exercise is diversified by introducing into it: haircut, correctly, stance, furrow, tarragon, hello, unloaded, etc.
These words need to be pronounced 3 times a day. If you persist, you can soon forget what burriness meansand make speech clear and free from defects.