Soviet Meat Jelly (ХОЛОДЕЦ) - Cooking with Boris
How to cook jellied meat
Jellied meat is an obligatory dish at any festive feast. It is not only very satisfying and tasty, but also has a beneficial effect on human joints.
Jellied meat, which can be easily enhanced with horseradish or mustard, is used as an appetizer before the main course.
Aspic is a variation of it, it tastes slightly different and is made mainly from fish.
Previously, only beef was the main ingredient in jellied meat, but today it is prepared from a wide variety of products. You can't count all the recipes. For its meat part, pork, beef, veal, poultry are used.
Herbs, various spices, spices, vegetables (onions, carrots, garlic, celery) are used as flavoring additives.
However, the most important ingredients of jellied meat are beef or pork legs, ears, head. It is these components that help to prepare a real dense jelly without using gelatin.
How cook beef jelly
- beef (on the bone) - two kilograms;
- onions (onions) - two large heads;
- carrots - two medium;
- garlic - 2 heads;
- bay leaf - two leaves;
- peppercorns - a few peas;
- salt - two tablespoons;
- water - four liters.
How much beef jelly to cook
It takes about seven hours to prepare it, of which the net work time is an hour and a half. In a saucepan, you need to cook jellied meat for about five hours, in a multicooker (in the Braising mode) - six hours, in a pressure cooker - three hours, and in a multicooker pressure cooker (in Meat ) - about an hour and a half.
- Wash thoroughly with a brush, meat and beef bones;
- Pour water into a saucepan;
- Put meat and bones in water;
- Castput the rue on a slow fire;
- Add salt, pepper, cook over low heat for about 5 hours, periodically skimming off the foam.
- Add peeled onions and carrots, lavrushka and pepper;
- Cook for another half hour;
- Remove the onion from the broth, carefully take out the carrots that we need for decoration;
- Leave to cool for two hours in a cool place, removing the top fat;
- Put the meat and bones on a wide plate, let it cool slightly;
- Strain the broth through a sieve or cheesecloth;
- Separate the meat from bones and cartilage;
- Then we divide into fibers and arrange according to shapes;
- The soft parts of the cartilage can also be finely chopped;
- Clean and finely chop the garlic, sprinkle on the meat;
- We spread the carrots, pre-cut into circles, for decoration;
- Pour the meat with broth, leave to cool;
- When it cools down, put it in the refrigerator for a few hours, or better, in general, overnight.
The jelly is ready!
Cooking pork and chicken aspic
If you want to try the classic jelly, we will tell you how to cook it from chicken and pork.
- pork legs - two medium;
- chicken leg - one large;
- carrots - one;
- bow - head;
- garlic - five cloves;
- lavrushka, peppercorns and salt;
- parsley, dill.
- My meat is good, we clean vegetables;
- Fill the ham and hooves with water, cook for four hours, periodically removing the resulting foam;
- When there is an hour left before the cooking time is over, add onions, carrots, salt and pepper to the meat;
- Once the meat is cooked, you need to take it out, remove the bones and cut into pieces, and strain the broth;
- Finely chop the garlic and herbs;
- Arrange the meat, herbs and garlic in trays and pour over the broth;
- Put the jelly in the refrigerator until it solidifies. Serve it with horseradish or mustard.
How to cook pork and beef jellied meat in a slow cooker
- pork legs - kilogram;
- boneless beef - 500 grams;
- pork - 500 grams;
- carrots - one medium;
- bow - head;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- bay leaf - several leaves;
- parsley (roots) - two;
- black pepper (peas) - 8 peas;
- Rinse thoroughly the beef, pork and legs;
- Divide into pieces, put in a multicooker saucepan, put parsley roots, lavrushka,peas, onions and carrots;
- Add water to the upper mark, add salt to taste;
- Select the Quenching mode, it is advisable to periodically remove the foam that will form from the broth;
- Then take out the slightly cooled meat, separate it from the bones and chop it, and then put it into shapes;
- Strain the broth, add chopped garlic to it and pour into molds;
- Put the cooled jellied meat in the cold, as soon as it hardens, you can serve it to the table.
Multicooker Chicken Jelly
- chicken legs - four medium;
- chicken feet - six;
- Lavrushka - four leaves;
- carrots (boiled) - medium;
- water - two liters;
- black pepper (peas).
- Rinse the legs and legs thoroughly;
- If the legs are large, divide them into two parts:
- Put everything in a multicooker saucepan, pour water, add bay leaf, pepper and salt (to taste);
- Set the Quenching mode for - 3.5 hours;
- At the end of the time, remove the legs and ham, let cool slightly, separate the flesh from the seeds;
- Boil carrots, peel and cut into small cubes or circles. Finely chop the pulp and arrange in shapes, decorate with carrots on top;
- Strain the broth and pour it over the forms;
- Lightly press the pre-peeled garlic cloves with a knife, then finely chop and add to the jelly molds;
- When the jelly has cooled, put it in the cold overnight.
You can cook jellied meat in a pressure cooker
- pork knuckle - one;
- pork leg - one;
- pork cheek - one;
- a piece of pork or beef flesh - 500 grams;
- one large onion, unpeeled;
- green onions - one bunch;
- bay leaf - two leaves;
- port or sherry (optional) - one glass;
- salt, two teaspoons.
How jellied meat is cooked in a pressure cooker:
- First of all, you need to make sure that there is no hair on the skin of the pork leg and shank. If there are, you need to burn them, and then, putting the knuckle, meat and leg in the pan of the pressure cooker, pour boiling water;
- season with salt, add onion, pepper, lavrushka, green onion and wine;
- select jellied mode, if there is one in the pressure cooker or Meat, close the valve;
- at the end of the program, wait for a spontaneous drop in pressure;
- remove the meat ingredients from the broth, separate from the bones, cut into slices or mash with a fork, put in trays;
- pour over the strained broth;
- when it cools down, put it in the refrigeratornick for freezing.
Pork head jelly
The preparation of pork jelly itself is quite difficult and time-consuming, but the result is worth it.
- pork head - one;
- chicken legs - two;
- carrots - 3 medium;
- bow - two large ones;
- bay leaf.
- Cut off the ears of the pork head and fill it with cold water for about 12 hours, changing the water once during this time;
- After that, carefully cut the head across without damaging the skull, then rinse it again and place it in a bucket, fill it with water;
- Cook for about six hours, while constantly removing foam and fat, then the jelly turns out transparent;
- If necessary, add water;
- After two hours, put the cut onions and four tablespoons of salt (at the end of cooking, the onion is removed);
- Add the ham, lavrushka and pepper again after two hours;
- Cook the carrots separately and cut them into slices, squeeze the garlic and place all this on the bottom of the trays, into which we will pour the jelly. When the meat is cooked, remove the head and legs, remove the marrow, bones, skin and other fatty parts;
- Cut everything into pieces and place in a bowl with carrots and garlic;
- Pour the broth through a fine sieve;
- Leave the jelly in the cold overnight.
- to make the jelly excellent, you need to choose the right meat for it;
- the pulp must be soaked before cooking;
- drain the first water after the jelly boils;
- ensure the required temperature during cooking;
- seasonings and spices need to be added wisely;
- the meat must be carefully separated.
The ratio of products in jellied meat is determined by experience and time, and also depends on the products used. Excellent homemade jellied meat is obtained from beef tails, and the tongue will become a wonderful addition to this everyone's favorite dish .
Enjoy your experiments!