How to Crochet a Stylish Poncho from 5 Simple Rectangles -- Step-by-Step Tutorial for Beginners!
How can you knit and crochet a stylish poncho?
The Indians were the first who came up with this item of clothing - they appreciated the comfort of wearing a cape that does not hinder movement and allows you to keep warm in the cold. Modern ponchos are a great alternative to the usual jackets and pullovers. They can be worn by both women and little girls, and of any build. It is not difficult to knit a poncho yourself, the main thing is to have patience, suitable yarn, knitting needles or crochet.
How to tie a poncho with your own hands
Before starting work, you need to decide on the model and size of the future cape. With the size, as a rule, there are no problems, and the finished cape can be tried on by both a woman of 44 size and the one who wears a 50. The length can be varied during knitting, and the yarn and its color can be selected based on individual preferences.
Stages of work:
- it doesn't matter if you want to knit a poncho for a girl or dream of an original cape yourself, you need to knit in a single fabric, moving from top to bottom. Use circular knitting needles to create both stitches - this will greatly simplify the process and allow you to distribute more stitches of the poncho base;
- you can separately tie the front and back, and then sew them into a single canvas or impose many small squares, circles or blanks of any other shape with the same pattern and also sew them with each other with matching threads;
- Now take the knitting needle with the last eyelet made from the thread to your right hand and to the left knitting needle with the starting loop. Start sewing from the buttonhole that was sewn first, pulling the thread slightly to prevent the hole from forming. Move to the marking ring with which you will finish knitting the first circle;
- move the ring to the right knitting needle and work on the next round. If you want to knit a poncho with stocking knitting needles for women, you need to dial the number of loops on them, adding one additional one. Having removed it on the adjacent knitting needle, continue stringing the required number of ears from the thread already on the remaining knitting needle. In this case, this tool for work must be positioned so that a triangle is formed. After typing the last stitch, position the marking ring;
- with a free knitting needle, make the first loop, slightly pulling the thread. As soon as one circle has been knitted, the ring should be moved.
Linkknitting poncho - that's half the battle. It is necessary to assemble it following the attached instructions. If you used thick or textured yarn in your work, you need to sew the blanks with a thin thread that matches the color perfectly.
If you have put on a lot of small details, then use the thread remaining after completing the initial row of one of the blanks to sew them together. Passing it through the eye of a darning needle, place the blanks with the right sides up. Pass the needle through the outer loop of the second piece from bottom to top.
Now you need to describe a figure of eight with a thread and again pass it through the extreme loop of the first part.
The canvases need to be pulled slightly to connect the edges. Poncho models can be very different, but only you can make a thing unique by decorating it with fringes, tassels or pom-poms. Rhinestones, beads and sequins will look appropriate for the festive version.
How to crochet an original poncho
The original poncho mesh can be knitted by yourself. To do this, you need 300 g of yarn, needles No. 6 or 5 and hook No. 5.
One of the crochet poncho patterns:
- you need to tie the collar first. And for this we need knitting needles. Having typed 83 l. etc., knit 4 rows of satin stitch on the face, and after an elastic band, moving 1/1. After completing 6 centimeters of the elastic, start decreasing on both sides 2 ears from the thread. In each individual row 4 times, starting from 17 medium loops. In this case, you need to make one double broach with the central rib A on the front side. On the seamy side, you need to make one double broach with the central rib B;
- the cape is knitted with a mesh pattern: insert a hook at the seam level and produce 1 column b / n, * 6 in. ears from the thread, not taking into account of them 2. Perform one column b / n, in the next loop repeat from * to * 27 times. Third c. p., 1 column s / n in the first column. 6th n. row;
- to perform the second row 1 column 6 / n in a loop, fasten a double crochet * 6 in. p., 1 column 6 / n in the next arch *, repeat, from * to * 27 times, three c. p., 1 column s / n in the initial loop of the row;
- for the third and fourth rows 1 column 6 / n in the loop, fasten st. s / n, * seventh century. eyelet, 1 column 6 / n in the next arch *. repeat, from * to * 27 times. 4 c. p. Further, as in the previous paragraph;
- for rows 5 to 8, 1 column 6 / n in the loop, fasten the last row. * 8 c. ears of thread, 1 column 6 / n in the next arch *. repeat, from * to * 27 times. 4 c. loops, 1 column s / 2n in the first loop of the row;
- to perform next to the 9th to 13th 1 column 6 / n in the loop, fasten the column with / 2n, * 9 in. loops, 1 tbsp. 6 / n in the next arch *, repeat, from * to * 27 times, 5 c. p. Further, as in the previous paragraph;
- perform the remaining three rows as follows: 1 tbsp. 6 / n in the loop, fasten the last row, * 10 in. loops. Further, as in the previous paragraph. C / Zn in the first p. Of the row (allgo 47 cm); break and fasten the thread.
Now it remains to assemble the poncho and attach the fringe. If you do not know how to crochet a baby poncho correctly, you can take this scheme into service by simply reducing the size. You can make various crochet patterns - it all depends on your imagination and skill.
If you are not new to this business, you will succeed, and those who decided to pick up knitting needles or a hook for the first time should not be afraid: with proper patience and perseverance, you can achieve amazing results and knit for the joy of yourself and your loved ones.