How to make wine from any jam - Apricot Preserves | Brewin' the Most
Homemade jam wine
In the season of picking berries and fruits, many housewives with fanaticism begin to prepare jam. With a smile on our face, we look at all this splendor and imagine with what appetite our household is devouring it. With the onset of the new season, it may happen that the shelves of the cellar are not empty.
Of course, you can make filling for pies, jams and fruit drinks from the contents of the jars. We suggest making wine from jam.
We present some simple recipes on how to properly make wine from jam with your own hands.
Home Winemaking Secrets
The wine will turn out to be really tasty if you follow some rules. Moreover, we have an unusual basis.
- For homemade wine, jam is suitable, on the surface of which there is no mold. It is very important! Even invisible filaments of moldy fungi can not only spoil the taste and aroma of the drink, but also your health;
- It is better not to use a cocktail of different types of jam. Bad, of course, nothing will happen, but the unique notes of taste of this or that berry will be lost;
- Use special dishes. The optimal glassware for winemaking is a wooden barrel. Such dishes are a rarity in modern kitchens. It can be replaced by a glass jar or an enamel saucepan. A prerequisite is to reach the condition wine from jam must be in a glass container.
Wine Starter Recipe
Microorganisms living on the surface of unwashed berries provide the fermentation process. As you know, before preparing a sweet dessert, all fruits are thoroughly washed. This removes all bacteria. Therefore, we need wine leaven.
It's very easy to make it. Remember the recipe:
- Sourdough consists of a glass of unwashed raisins and two tablespoons of granulated sugar;
- The mixture is poured directly into the container. Add some warm water;
- We seal the container with a cotton stopper and leave for four days in a warm place.
With such a leaven, it is very easy to make homemade wine from jam. It will delight you and your guests with an unforgettable taste and aroma.
Traditional Jam Wine recipe
The following products are required:
- liter of berry mass;
- two liters of cooled boiling water;
- 100 grams of starter culture;
- some sugar (to taste).
Step by step recipe:
- We wash the prepared container with soda. Expect the volume of the dishes to be one third larger than the wine stock. This will prevent leakage during fermentation;
- We spread the boiled fruit mass and mix with water. Want to know how to make a sweeter wine from a jam? Then you need to add granulated sugar. Stir until the crystals are completely dissolved;
- Add the starter culture and cover the container with a clean napkin. Leave the bottle in a dark place;
- The fermentation process will take nine days. During this time, the sugar will turn into alcohol. By the way, this recipe can be used to make wine from fermented jam;
- Remove the pulp floating on the surface. Filter the remaining drink. You can use a piece of gauze for this;
- We pour the workpiece into cans. Homemade wine made from old jam will ferment for some time. To find out about its readiness, you need to organize a water seal. We put on a medical glove with pre-made holes on the neck of the jar. We grab it with an elastic band for money or twine;
- We put the cans in a warm place for 40 days. During this time, the wine from the jam will brighten. The glove should be completely down;
- Filtering wine from cloudy sediment;
- We pour it into beautiful bottles and leave it in the basement for a couple of months.
A quick way to make homemade wine from old jam
Want to taste homemade jam wine in a couple of days? Write down a delicious homemade jam wine recipe.
The following ingredients are required:
- liter of jam;
- 200 grams of round rice;
- 20 grams of live yeast;
- warm water .
We rinse the bottle. We spread and mix all the ingredients. Add liquid in a 1: 2 ratio. We put on a glove on the neck. The fermentation process will take place in a warm place. Duration is two or three days. During this time, the solution should become clear. Drain the clear wine carefully. Make sure that sediment does not get into the bottle. A delicious drink made from natural products ready to drink.
Wine made from sour jam
There is no story more tragic in the world than a story about sour jam. Do you think it is only good for throwing away? Let's save the product. Let's make wine from fermented jam. Here is his recipe.
- a jar of spoiled treats;
- the same volume of warm water;
- 200 grams of granulated sugar;
- a handful of unwashed raisins.
Put the fermented mass and raisins into a large jar. Fill with dissolved sugar. SauderThe press should be two-thirds of the can. We pull on the glove. Leave the container in a warm place.
Fermentation will take several weeks. When the glove falls, we drain the clear liquid, avoiding the muddy sediment. Add some more sugar, cork and leave for a while.
After a couple of months, another filtration of the wine is required. The drink is then bottled and carefully sealed.
Spices can be added to the finished wine made from fermented jam. It can be mint or cinnamon.
Such cocktails will be appropriate as an aperitif before a meal. Don't be afraid to experiment. Spices make alcoholic drinks tastier and more aromatic.