HOMEMADE BEAUTY GIFT IDEAS | 3 simple recipes
Homemade cosmetics recipes: natural, inexpensive, simple
More and more experts in the field of health and beauty agree on one thing: industrial cosmetics contain harmful substances. These are chemical additives, preservatives, fragrances. An alternative to these products is natural home cosmetics made with our own handles.
Caring for the beauty of the face and body is a matter that requires a lot of attention and a serious approach. In this article, you will find the basic principles of making cosmetics at home, as well as proven and effective recipes.
Advantages, also disadvantages of natural cosmetics made at home
Many women would like to try making their own cosmetic preparations at home. However, they do not dare to do this, since they are not sure of the effectiveness of folk remedies. Nevertheless, home-made preparations are very often able to cope with such problems, against which the means of the most famous brands are powerless.
Pros of home remedies:
- full naturalness and high quality ingredients;
- no preservatives, chemical fragrances and dyes in the composition;
- low cost;
- high efficiency of products, proven by many generations;
- variability of recipes. It is always possible to individually select the ingredients for each recipe, as well as to remove those that you cannot tolerate.
Disadvantages of home remedies:
- short shelf life;
- the possibility of an allergic reaction.
Self-made cosmetics: preparation rules
To make the products made with your own pens really useful, follow the rules for their manufacture and use:
- Use only clean dishes;
- Use only fresh, natural ingredients for making cosmetics;
- Do a sensitivity test for the selected components. Do not use those that have caused even a slight allergic reaction;
- Take essential oils, spices, pungent and sour substances in small quantities indicated in the recipe;
- Apply small amounts of DIY cosmetic;
- Store homemade cosmetics exclusively on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for 2 to 5 days.
Home Cosmetic Recipes
Many have heard about the healing properties of aloe. This plant is just a storehouse of nutrients. It has a moisturizing effect on the skin, heals wounds, eliminates irritations, and smoothes wrinkles. All these properties make aloe indispensable for making cosmetics at home. Such products are especially useful for aging or faded skin after a disease.
Mask for thin, sensitive skin:
- aloe gruel 1-2 tablespoons;
- medicinal herbs, 1-2 teaspoons:
- lime blossom;
- rose petals;
- St. John's wort.
Mix herbs and steam with boiling water. Let it brew for only 15-20 minutes. Add the aloe leaf gruel to the slightly cooled infusion. Make a mask from a soft cloth or gauze, moisten abundantly in a warm infusion.
Keep on face for 15 minutes. Then, wash your face with warm water. Such a mask will soothe skin irritation and nourish it with vitamins.
Mask for oily and shine-prone skin:
- aloe gruel 1-2 tablespoons;
- egg white 1 piece;
- lemon juice 10 drops.
Mix all ingredients. Apply to previously cleansed face skin. Leave for 15-20 minutes. Wash off the drug with water at room temperature. The product heals wounds and eliminates inflammation, tightens pores, removes oily sheen.
At home, it is useful to create various scrubs, creams, lotions for body care. It is recommended to include ground black and green coffee, honey, vegetable and essential oils in the composition of such cosmetics. Various spices are also widely used in home cosmetics. Peels with sea salt are very effective. Homemade natural cosmetics cleanse, warm and moisturize the skin.
Sea Salt Scrub:
- 2-3 tablespoons of sea salt;
- ground red pepper 1 teaspoon;
- vegetable cosmetic oil (not essential!): flaxseed, almond, sesame or any other - 3 tablespoons.
Mix all substances. Apply to the body in a circular motion. When applying, avoid sensitive areas: breasts, armpits and others. The scrub, thanks to the presence of such a spice as red ground pepper, warms up the skin, fights cellulTom. The drug has a softening effect, makes the body smooth.
- grated ginger 2 tablespoons;
- orange juice 1 tablespoon;
- ground green coffee 2 tablespoons;
- olive oil or other vegetable oil 3 tablespoons, you can use more for a comfortable consistency.
Mix the ingredients thoroughly. Use the cream to massage problem areas: abdomen, thighs, arms. Please note: Ginger can cause intense burning! Apply to your wrist or elbow before using. Use only if there is no severe redness or burning sensation. Massage in combination with this cream evens out the skin, eliminates cellulite.
Do-it-yourself shampoos and medical hair masks are much more effective, and most importantly, more useful than purchased ones. For their manufacture, vegetable and essential oils, spices, honey, dairy products, decoctions and infusions of medicinal plants, aloe, egg yolk are used.
Honey and aloe mask:
- aloe juice 1- 2 teaspoons;
- castor oil 1 teaspoon;
- honey 1 tablespoon
Mix the ingredients. Make a 2-3-use mixture and store in the refrigerator. Apply half an hour before washing your hair, no more than three times a week. The mask perfectly restores brittle hair, gives it shine.
Nourishing Aloe Vera Oil Mask:
- aloe juice 3 tablespoons;
- jojoba oil 1 tablespoon;
- vanilla essential oil 4-5 drops.
We apply the mixture on slightly moistened strands, not forgetting to massage the head thoroughly. Cover with a towel and leave for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with warm water and a mild shampoo. The mask nourishes the hair, makes it shiny and silky.
Natural decorative cosmetics at home
Natural body care products, creams and masks can be easily made on your own. With your own hands, you can also make fragrant and very useful soap and even lipstick, shine, shadows.
Make-up ingredients are available at pharmacies or online stores. To make lipstick, you need high-quality beeswax. Powders and eyeshadows are based on mineral bases. You will also need base oils, essential oils, thickeners, pigments, and pearls.
For self-production of high-quality decorative cosmetics, you must have the following devices:
- Mini Mixer . You can mix components manually, but it will take longer;
- Thick glass or ceramic bowl . The dishes must withstandhigh temperatures;
- Laboratory balance . Many recipes give very precise weights. The quality of the product depends on compliance with the recipe;
- Sterilizer . The one that sterilizes baby bottles is perfect;
- Jars and bottles . For packaging and storage of cosmetics.
Recipes for making decorative cosmetics at home
Moisturizing shine - balm:
- beeswax 2 tablespoons;
- cocoa butter 1 teaspoon;
- castor oil 1 teaspoon;
- rosemary essential oil 5-6 drops;
- natural coloring pigment - a little to add color.
The solid components are melted in a bowl in a water bath. Castor oil is added while stirring. Essential oil and coloring pigment (optional) are added to the slightly cooled mixture. Place the shine-balm in a sterile jar with a lid. Store in the refrigerator.
- beeswax 1 tablespoon;
- vitamin E (oil solution) 10-12 drops;
- castor oil 10-12 drops;
- essential oil with your favorite scent 2 drops;
- color pigment - as much as needed to create the color that suits you.
Beeswax is heated to a liquid state in a water bath. The remaining ingredients are added to the slightly cooled, still liquid wax.
Mix everything thoroughly. Placed in a tube or jar with a lid. Store in the refrigerator.
These are really effective home cosmetics recipes. Making cosmetics with your own hands is an exciting experience. You can also create soap, eau de toilette and even deodorant at home.
Try making a natural cosmetic product yourself and see its amazing effect. We wish you good luck. Until next time!