Doctors Share the Most Incredible \
Has the lower abdomen dropped? We are going to the hospital!
Abdominal drooping is a harbinger of the imminent birth of a child. In medicine, this phenomenon is called the formation of the fetus or prolapse of the uterus.
For all women, this happens at different times, but the process and the sensations that accompany it are the same for most of them. A very noticeable drooping of the abdomen before childbirth should not scare a woman.
How does the body prepare for childbirth?
Omission occurs due to the fact that the child is preparing to leave the womb soon. During this period, a woman's body undergoes serious changes that affect her well-being.
When there is very little time left before delivery, both the uterus and the baby itself change their position.
How the belly sinks before giving birth
At this time, the following processes are observed in the mother's body:
- The uterus moves down to its usual position, moves about 4-5 cm;
- The fetus moves together with the uterus with the presenting part (the presenting part of the body that will go through the birth canal first, in normal flow is the head), clinging to it and dragging it along;
- The child takes a certain position in the small pelvis. In this position, he will be until the birth itself. This phenomenon is called tuck and is similar to the preparation of athletes at the start;
- The pressure on the diaphragm is reduced, which can now fully expand;
- The organs of the gastrointestinal tract, which were also under the pressure of the grown baby for several months, are falling into place;
- At the same time, the bladder suffers from changes, as the pressure on it increases, as well as the rectum;
- An overweight child puts pressure on the lower limbs and pelvic bones.
All of the above conditions affect a woman, but she must know about these phenomena and be prepared for them.
Signs of abdominal prolapse occurring before delivery
The lowering of the baby and the uterus in all pregnant women is accompanied by a number of signs. According to these so-called symptoms, a woman should determine the onset of prolapse and prepare for the fact that contractions will come very soon..
Most pregnant women feel this phenomenon well, because it is simply impossible not to notice such significant changes. External signs are clearly visible even to people around them with the naked eye: the stomach goes down, that is, it starts not under the chest, but in the navel.
To make sure of the displacement, it is enough to put your palm between the stomach and chest: if it intervenes freely, then the process of preparing for childbirth is already underway. Change in gait: walking becomes a little more difficult as the baby shifts, a so-called waddling duck gait is often observed a few days before birth.
Positive signs of prolapse improve a woman's quality of life: the diaphragm is no longer under pressure, it expands, so it is much easier to breathe, shortness of breath disappears and intercostal pain disappears.
The child's movements become less painful, no longer disturbed by such unpleasant phenomena as belching, heartburn, nausea, a feeling of heaviness in the stomach, because the pressure on the gastrointestinal tract decreases, and the organs can function normally.
However, there are several unpleasant moments, without which the lowering of the uterus cannot be done: discomfort while walking and sitting (the fetus is already large enough, therefore it presses on the pelvic bones), pressure is exerted on the bladder and large intestine, so the urge to the toilet becomes much more frequent, at the same time the body cleans itself of unnecessary substances and sometimes constipation occurs.
Due to pressure on the nerve endings, pain in the pelvis, lower back, legs, perineum is possible. During a night's rest, women, as a rule, do not get enough sleep, cannot find a comfortable position.
When does belly lowering before childbirth occur?
It is difficult to tell exactly when the offset occurs. This process is directly affected by the number of previous births, as well as the individual characteristics of the woman's body.
Many pregnant women are interested in this issue, since this phenomenon indicates the imminent onset of childbirth. Having determined her condition, the lady can prepare for a trip to the hospital and the birth of a baby. The omission will also help prepare for childbirth both emotionally and physically.
General indicators of displacement: in primiparous, this process begins 2-4 weeks before delivery; for those who have already given birth - 2-3 days or immediately a few hours before the birth of the baby. The given data is average, the terms may vary slightly.
It is worth remembering that each organism is individual and the indicators may differ. The peritoneal muscles also have an influence on the process: if they are not trained, relaxed, then the child may not be fixed in the pelvis.
With each subsequent delivery, the muscles of the abdominal wall weaken, therefore they cannot normally fix the uterus with the baby in it. This condition does not in any way affect the generic process itself, the child will simply sink before the contractions. It should be noted that plThe odd does not descend if the mother's pelvis is too narrow or the baby is lying sideways.
The displacement is influenced by the size of the fetus, and the nature of its presenting part, and the number of children in the uterus, and the peculiarities of the structure of the pelvis.
If the belly has shifted too early, then this is not a cause for concern. This phenomenon is quite common, but it does not mean that premature birth will occur.
What to do when the belly is down?
When signs of displacement appear, a pregnant woman should prepare for the upcoming delivery so that it passes normally and without excesses:
- The first thing to do is inform the doctor, that is, the gynecologist who observed the woman in consultation from the moment of registration. After examination and by additional signs, he will be able to name the estimated date of birth of the baby. In some cases, it is possible to place the expectant mother in a hospital if the birth occurs soon;
- At this time, you can safely prepare a dowry for the child and his room, where he will come after discharge from the hospital;
- Do not worry and panic, as at this time a woman should tune in only in a positive way;
- It is imperative to get rid of insomnia or other sleep problems by looking for a position in which it will be convenient to rest. You can try falling asleep with a roller under your feet or without a pillow. But do not take a reclining position for a long time;
- If lowering still has not occurred, and the due date is close, then it is recommended to take an upright position more often, walk more to help the baby move to the birth canal;
- It is worth buying and always carrying urological pads;
- Set the rate of fluid you drink. It should be sufficient, but the swelling should be controlled;
- Limit physical activity, sports. They can contribute to the onset of contractions. And this should not be allowed, since the child will determine for himself when he is ready to leave the mother's womb.
Lowered belly, but not before childbirth
In only one case, the offset can become an alarming moment: if it happened before 35 weeks of pregnancy. Such a phenomenon is a direct sign of premature birth. This is an urgent need to tell the doctor. He must take care of the patient, admit the patient and provide the necessary assistance.
Often, early displacement is accompanied by a high tone of the uterus, as well as severe pain in the lower abdomen. In such a situation, the pregnant woman should not take an upright position. It is necessary to call an ambulance and stay lying down until it arrives.
After hospitalization, which is inevitable in this case, the patient is prescribed tocolytic drugs. Their action is aimed at relaxing the muscles of the uterus. Doctors will take appropriate measures to prevent prematurenew births. In most cases, the baby remains in the womb until the due date.