My First Enema / Internal Cleanse (The Full Procedure!)
Enema for constipation at home
Every person at least once in his life, but suffered from a violation of defecation. Some expect this situation to pass by itself, while others seek solutions to problems. One of these options is an enema. This method is often used for chronic constipation, when, apart from washing, nothing can help, even laxatives.
BUT! This procedure has its own rules of conduct, which should be familiar to each person, and even more so a parent.
Types of enemas
To get rid of constipation, many people use a home procedure. A solution is poured into Esmarch's pear or mug and injected into the intestines.
But in fact, there are several types of procedures that are designed for each case individually.
- Oil enema. As the name implies, in this case, the aqueous solution consists of oils - sunflower, olive or vaseline. Usually one type of product is taken in an amount of 100 ml. Due to this component, a film forms around the feces, which facilitates their movement through the intestines. To carry out the manipulation, it is necessary to preheat the oil to 37-38 degrees. This is necessary in order to relax the muscles and prevent cramping. Also, heat helps the patient to get rid of proctogenic ailments. If such an enema for constipation is carried out at home, then you should know that there will be no instant result. The effect will come after 10-12 hours, so this procedure is usually carried out at night. Oil enemas are good the night before, when a person needs to undergo any diagnostics related to the examination of the rectum, such as colonoscopy.
- Hypertensive enema. For this type, a special solution is made. It requires a 10% saline solution in the amount of 150-200 ml. You can prepare a 5% solution at home - for this, 1 tsp is diluted in half a glass of boiled water. without a slide of salt. When a solution of this type is injected into the intestine, an active pulling of fluid from all closely spaced tissues begins. Thus, the stool becomes soft, making it easier for it to pass. A component such as salt irritates the mucous surfaces, which causes them to begin to shrink. Under such influence, the process of defecation is much easier. It is especially recommended to use this method for proctogenic constipation. Unlike the first type, this type of procedure shows its effect in half an hour. However, there are contraindications: internal hemorrhoids, gendertypes, inflammatory diseases in the stage of exacerbation of the large intestine and rectum.
- Cleansing enemas. This type is often used when oil and hypertensive procedures have not brought the desired result. In contrast, a cleansing enema helps to flush feces from the intestines, while no stimulation occurs. It is best used for those who have problems with the formation and promotion of feces.
This manipulation will be carried out using boiled water and Esmarch's mug.
But it's worth saying right away that it is better if the procedure is carried out by one person to another. It is quite difficult to do everything on your own, and there is a high risk of injuring the anorectal region. To get rid of constipation, water is injected into the intestine in a volume of 1.5-2 liters, while the patient must maintain a lying position throughout the procedure. At the end of the procedure, this position is still observed for 10-20 minutes (who can withstand how much), so that the liquid is evenly distributed over all parts of the intestine.
All three enemas can be given to both adults and children. The only thing worth mentioning is the volume of injected fluid.
Procedure execution rules
Laxative enemas for constipation can be done at home. But for such a procedure to be beneficial, not harmful, it is worth knowing how to carry it out correctly.
First of all, you need to prepare the place where everything will happen. To do this, you need an oilcloth, which is covered with a horizontal surface. If an enema for constipation is given to a child at home, then he should be explained what awaits him. The fact is that the more the muscles of the anorectal region are tense, the more uncomfortable and painful the sensations will be.
Now a few words about preparations:
- If an oil procedure is planned, it is necessary to prepare 50-100 ml of oil and a rubber bulb of the appropriate size. If it is a hypertensive procedure at home, then the solution is prepared in the following proportions: 2 hours. l. the salts are diluted in 100 ml of warm water. Or 20-30 g of magnesia is taken for the same amount of water. But no more than 50-100 ml is injected into the intestines with a pear.
- Special attention should be paid to the procedure using the Esmarch mug. In appearance, such a tool resembles a heating pad, which can be of different volumes (the standard one is designed for 1.5-2 liters of liquid). It comes with a rubber hose and a special tip. To eliminate constipation, 1.5-2 liters of solution are poured into a mug. The device itself should be mounted close to the bed, at a level of 1.5 meters above the floor. The tap is opened gradually so that the liquid reaches the tip. It can be injected into the anus only when the last air comes out of the tube, otherwise the person can be hurt.
- Any solution, be it water or oil, should be warm, in the range of 37-38 degrees.
If an enema for constipation is carried out with a pear at home (or with Esmarch's mug), then you should know that the patient should not lie on his stomach, but on his left side. In this case, his knees should be pulled up to his stomach. Before inserting the tip, it is pre-lubricated with cream or petroleum jelly so as not to damage soft tissues.
There are a number of situations when you should never use a procedure:
- in the presence of colitis, proctitis or other disease that is accompanied by an inflammatory process;
- if, for any reason, the mucous membrane or the gastrointestinal tract is damaged by chemical or physical means;
- if the patient has an intestinal tumor, then laxative measures are generally contraindicated for him;
- rectal prolapse and acute hemorrhoids.
For constipation, use an enema only after identifying the cause of this situation.
You can put an enema for a child, but it also has its own characteristics. For the younger age category, hypertensive procedures are completely contraindicated. For constipation, only oil or cleaning can be used.
The volume of fluid is selected in accordance with the age of the baby. If a baby has a problem with defecation, then the volume of the injected fluid should be within 30-35 ml. For older children, it is increased to 100-300 ml, while the permissible temperature of the solution is 25-27 degrees.
In order to choose the right type of procedure at home, parents should initially consult with a pediatrician. It is also worth noting that there are special pears for children that have a soft tip. The procedure itself is carried out in the same way as in adults.
In conclusion, it should be said that neither a child nor an adult can regularly carry out this kind of cleansing.
To prevent the problem from recurring, it is necessary to identify the true problem of constipation and treat it, since the problem with defecation is just a symptom. If you get rid of the disease, then the constipation will go away by itself.