DIY BABY PLAYPEN | 1,200PHP Budget | Vlog #4
At the moment when the baby begins to crawl and independently rise on his legs, you should think about his safety. In such a situation, the construction of an arena would be the ideal way out. Such constructions are simply irreplaceable helpers for parents who are unable to hire nannies to monitor the safety of the child.
But before you make a playpen for a small child with your own hands, it is worth considering the main types of structures. And only then determine the optimal version of the arena for assembly with your own hands.
Children's playpens differ in the following parameters:
- type of fence;
The type of future construction will depend on these parameters.
Playpens come in the following forms:
They are classified by the type of fencing as follows:
- Mesh. In such devices, a special mesh is stretched around the entire perimeter, which protects him from injury when the child falls;
- Lattice. As a rule, the perimeter lattice is constructed from wooden rods. It is they who limit the space for the baby's movement.
- Games. Such devices are used to develop motor skills in children, which allows them to stay more stable on their feet and orient themselves in space. At the same time, the bottom of the crib itself is made of rubberized fabric, a fall on which does not pose any danger to the child;
- Inflatable. They are made of rubber or plastic. Such devices are convenient to take for a family trip to nature;
- Temporary. Made in the form of portable screens that simply indicate the available space for the child to move;
- Crib playpens. These devices are used not only as playpens, but also as cots where the baby can sleep. Usually the height of the sides is adjustable so that the crib can be used by children aged 6 months to 4 years.
Assembling a classic playpen
How to make a classic playpen for a growing child with your own hands? To do this, first of all, you should decide on the dimensions of the future design. It is important that it is not too small, otherwise the baby's motor reflexes will develop poorly.
To build a classic device, you need the following materials:
- wooden rods with a diameter of 5 mm;
- 8 bars with a diameter of 30 mm;
- saw in wood;
- varnish and primer;
- heck or hook;
- metal hinges.
When creating a playpen, special attention should be paid to the height of the future fence.
For a child from 1 year old, it is desirable to make the height of the lattice up to 100 mm, while the optimal distance between the rods will be 50-70 mm. Experienced experts also recommend assembling structures of heavy enough wood to ensure the stability of the fixture.
To construct an arena, you need to complete the following stages of work:
- Use a tape measure to mark the bars and bars;
- Saw off excess parts of building materials;
- Use a drill to drill blind holes on the horizontal planks. In the future, rods for the lattice will be inserted into them;
- Then the workpieces are carefully sanded so that no roughness remains on their surface;
- In the next step, all wooden parts are coated with a primer and then varnish;
- After the elements of the arena are dry, rods are inserted into the upper and lower planks;
- The side posts are fastened to each other with bolts, so that the structure can be disassembled and moved to another place at any time;
- Then it is necessary to connect in pairs the adjacent walls of the arena using pendulum loops;
- A latch or safety hook is mounted on the back of the device.
Ultimately, after two hours of work, you will have a cute playpen like this:
Railway playpen for a child
Sewing a playpen on a train for a small child with your own hands is quite simple.
This will require:
- thick raincoat fabric;
- mesh for sewing the top;
- 10 rings for securing straps.
Open the future arena below. According to the specified parameters, all parts of the workpiece must be cut.
- First of all, you need to sew mesh parts on both sides to the main canvas. Then
the wrong side of the blank will be inside;
- In the same way, you should connect the side parts of the raincoat fabric with the mesh;
- Then you need to cut out the pockets and sew in an elastic band;
- Then the finished pockets are sewn to the side of the product from the wrong side;
- Only then are the side parts connected to the base. In this case, the middle of the long edge of the base is connected to the middle of the lower edge of the side element;
- Next, you need to sweep the corners of the zagotovki, reaching the very end of the mesh fabric;
- In the same way, parts are assembled on the other side, as a result of which a fabric house without a roof is formed;
- In the next step, from the outside of the of the house , slings are attached to the upper edge of the product and along the closed edge of the sides;
- The lower ends of the lines are sewn in the same way, which ensures that the homemade arena is securely attached to the seat on the train.
- Metal rings are sewn to the ends of the lines as clamps that allow you to adjust the height of the product, which work on the principle of conventional fasteners on backpacks.
As a result, you will have such a suspension structure that will ensure the safety of the baby during sleep. It is simply necessary to take such playpens on the train, because this convenient invention will allow not only your child, but also his parents to relax on the road.
The playpen is a safe place to develop your child's motor skills as well as rest. Since inquisitive fidgets always strive to slip away somewhere, parents have to use space restraints that will protect children from injury. It is quite possible to assemble a playpen for your child on your own.
In this case, a self-made construction will not be inferior to the purchased one in any way, but the material costs for its construction will be several times less.