Easy Baklava Recipe - Armenian Cuisine - Heghineh Cooking Show
Cooking Armenian baklava at home
Armenian baklava is a popular type of sweets that are most typical for eastern peoples. In our country, this type of confectionery is also loved, but only a few can cook it. To make the taste as close as possible to the original, you need to know some secrets.
Armenian traditional baklava recipe
To make the dish tasty, you need to follow the recipe and not use unnecessary ingredients. It will take 1.5 hours to cook. The number is designed for 10 people.
To make dessert, you need to take the following products:
- For the base: 200 g of butter or margarine and sour cream, egg, about 3.5 tbsp. flour and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda;
- For the filling: 2 tbsp. walnuts, 1.5 tbsp. sugar, 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon and vanilla sugar, plus cardamom to taste;
- You will need to make two fillings, for which you will need: 100 g of butter, 1 tbsp. sugar, 150 ml of water and 50 ml of honey. Add one more yolk to give the dessert a glossy finish.
It's worth starting with preparing the test:
- To do this, combine sour cream, soft butter and an egg. Mix everything well and start adding flour and soda in portions;
- Knead the dough, which should ultimately be elastic and fluffy. Using a knife, divide into 4 parts, wrap with cling film so that the surface does not dry out, and leave for 20 minutes.
At this time, let's move on to the filling:
- Set aside some nuts for garnish and chop the rest into crumbs;
- The best way to do this is to put them in a bag and tap with a kitchen hammer. Then send sugar and spices to them;
- To cook baklava, roll each part of the dough into a thin layer and place in a baking sheet, alternating with the filling. The result is 7 layers: 4 doughs and 3 fillings;
- Use a sharp knife to cut everything into diamonds, but so that the bottom layer of dough remains whole;
- Grease everything with yolk on top and put half or a quarter of the nuts at the beginning on each piece;
- Send everything into an oven preheated to 200 degrees and after 15 minutes. take out the baking sheet, divide everything with a knife again and cover with melted butter. Put still for 45 minutes. into the oven.
At this time, pPrepare another fill:
- Dissolve sugar in water, bring to a boil and cook until desolate. When the syrup has cooled down a little, send honey to it and stir well;
- Remove the dish from the oven, renew the cuts again and pour 1 teaspoon of syrup on each nut first, and distribute the remaining amount over the cuts;
- Leave everything to cool and soak for a while, then cut the lozenges completely open and serve.
Recipe for honey Armenian baklava from puff pastry
If you don't want to toil with the dough, you can buy it ready-made, but we will offer a homemade recipe.
For this option, take the following products:
- For the base: wheat flour, about 300 g, a pack of butter, about 75 ml of ice water, an egg, 1 teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of salt;
- For the filling: about 250 g of walnuts, the same amount of butter and powder, and another 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of vanilla;
- For decoration: walnut halves and an egg;
- For pouring: thick honey, about 150 g, and no more than 100 ml of hot water.
You should start cooking baklava with dough:
- In order not to spend a lot of time preparing it, we suggest choosing a simplified version. It is recommended to take the flour cold, it must be sieved. The butter should be hard and should be grated on a coarse grater or chopped with a knife;
- Dissolve salt, sugar in ice water, put an egg there and stir well. Pour the resulting mixture into flour and knead the dough. Knead it with oiled hands;
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave for 40 minutes. in fridge. Roll out 4 identical layers from the dough. Lubricate each of them with oil and place on top of each other;
- Fold everything in the middle and roll it out. Then divide the resulting layer into 4 parts, coat with oil again, fold and roll out. Repeat the process a couple more times.
For the filling, chop the nuts and combine them with powder, vanilla and cinnamon:
- Mix honey with hot water to make honey filling. Take a baking sheet and grease it with oil. Wipe the rolling pin with flour and use it to lay out the layer so that it covers the edges of the baking sheet;
- Then pour melted butter over everything and add the filling. The next layer is layer, oil and filling, and then repeat everything again. The edges should be pinched and left for 20 minutes;
- Grease everything with yolk on top, divide into portions and put half nuts on each piece in the center. Cook in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes;
- After 10 min. pour over the pot after cooking.
Recipe for making Armenian baklava from yeast dough
There is a legend that each xThe ozyayka should be able to cook this dessert so that family life is strong and happy.
Take the following products for cooking:
- For the base: 750 g flour, about 300 g granulated sugar, 1 tbsp. water, 2 yolks and 50 g yeast;
- For the filling: nuts, about 300 g, 250 g butter, 175 g honey and some cardamom.
Let's start cooking this Armenian dish again with dough:
- The first thing to do is to soak the yeast in warm water. After that, mix everything and add flour in portions. Everything needs to be kneaded for about 15 minutes, and then send it to a warm place for 45 minutes;
- At this time, move on to the filling, but first set aside some whole nut halves for decoration. Chop the rest and mix with sugar and cardamom;
- Divide the finished dough into 14 parts, which should be rolled out as thin as possible, otherwise the dish will not turn out tender.
Take a baking sheet and start assembling the dish:
- First, 3 layers without filling, which must be greased with melted butter, honey and sprinkled with sugar. Place about 1/5 of the filling on the 3rd layer;
- After that comes the dough with butter, honey and filling. So repeat 3 times;
- The next layer - 2 sheets without filling, but with butter and honey, and after 3 sheets with filling;
- It remains to lay out 3 more layers without filling and anoint the top with yolk for a ruddy color;
- The top layers should be divided into portions and each garnished with a nut. Put in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 10 minutes. baklava and then grease it with oil and again for 20 minutes. in the oven;
- When ready, brush everything with honey.
Recipe for making baklava with kefir
Another original way to prepare a delicious dish.
Ingredients are calculated for 20 servings:
- Take 5 eggs, about 3.5 tbsp. flour and 300 g of margarine, and another 2 tbsp. sugar;
- In addition, you will need a bag of baking powder, 1 tbsp. kefir and the same raisins, and another 2 tbsp. walnuts.
Let's start by making the dough:
- Separate the whites from the yolks and leave one to brush. Combine kefir, soda and 4 yolks;
- Finely chop or grate margarine and mix with flour. Pour the kefir mixture there and make a soft dough, which is sent to the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Then divide it into 3 parts;
- Prepare a layer for which foam, adding sugar in portions. Gently mix the finished mass with detailed nuts and raisins. Don't forget to leave some nuts intact;
- Roll out the dough and put on a baking sheet, and between the layers the filling. Grease the top layer with yolk;
- Divide everything into portions, garnish with nuts and send to the oven,preheated to 200 degrees for 45 minutes.
All the above recipes will allow you to prepare a delicious dessert that will appeal to adults and children. You can cook sweets every day, as well as serve them on the festive table.
Once you've cooked baklava once, you will certainly add this dish to your culinary notebook.