The Best CHINESE SWEET & SOUR SAUCE (Restaurant Style) SWEET & SOUR SAUCE RECIPE !
Chinese recipes with sweet and sour sauce
Remember how long ago you cooked for your family something unusual and untested before? And this is despite the fact that you don't need to go far for exoticism, you just need to do a little differently with the usual grocery set. The Chinese are the ones who perfectly mastered the art of combining the incompatible, creating dishes with contrasting tastes and incredible aromas. We offer you an ordinary domestic chicken, but in Chinese style, the pieces of which will bask in sweet and sour sauce and pamper your household with a rich, spicy and very bright taste.
So, in order for chicken to really become what Chinese chefs make it, you need to stock up on the following products:
- one chicken breast;
- a couple of large sweet peppers of different colors;
- 1st large carrot;
- onions, in the amount of 1 pc .;
- a head of garlic (you can take more);
- 2 hot peppers;
- 1 tbsp liquid honey;
- 150 g soy sauce;
- ¼ tsp table vinegar;
- vegetable oil for browning.
Next, chicken in a spicy sweet and sour sauce in Chinese is prepared according to the following algorithm:
- Chicken fillet must be cut into cubes;
- For the marinade, mix honey, vinegar and soy sauce well;
- Send prepared meat to liquid;
- Garlic and onion should be chopped as finely as possible, and then mixed with the filling;
- Multi-colored sweet peppers are also cut into strips, but you should be extremely careful with hot peppers. They must be cleaned of seeds and ceiling. If the dish is prepared for a regular dinner, it is better to do with half of the recommended norm, otherwise it will be very spicy!
- Peppers similarly go to marinate in sauce, as well as carrots grated on a
- Pouring with vegetables and meat is sent to the refrigerator for an hour. During this time, you can prepare a classic side dish - crumbly white rice;
- After an hour, a deep frying pan is put on the fire, vegetable oil is poured into it, which is heated to the limit;
- The entire contents of the pickling bowl are poured into a bowl, and the mixture is stewed well for 15 minutes. It should be stirred continuously, and at the end of cooking, pour in a couple of tablespoons. beer, for astringency, so to speak.
I would like to noticeThat a similar recipe for chicken and sweet and sour Chinese sauce can be constantly modified and changed. For example, replace carrots and peppers with canned pineapple pieces, use tomato paste with ginger and brown for pouring, use eggplant, garlic and sesame seeds as the main vegetable ingredient.
If it is difficult to feed your household with lean chicken, pork cooked in sweet and sour Chinese sauce is an excellent alternative.
It will require the following products:
- 200 g potato starch;
- 0.5 kg of pulp;
- 0.5 tsp sesame seed oils;
- one carrot;
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar;
- 1 tbsp tomato paste;
- 1 tsp vinegar essence;
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste);
- 0.5 liters of any vegetable oil for frying, preferably odorless.
Let's move on to what to do with all this:
- Pork is cut into slices no thicker than 1 cm, mixed with starch in a deep container;
- 150 ml of water is carefully poured into the container to get a liquid but sticky substance;
- Carrots are also cut into thin cubes;
- A lot of vegetable oil is poured into a deep frying pan or wok, so that its level above the bottom is 5-6 cm;
- As soon as the semblance of deep fat is completely warmed up, pork slices can be dipped into it one by one, each time well mixed in a starch filling;
- Roasting each batch of pork takes 5 minutes;
- Then you can start cooking the sweet composition.
- At the end, the dish is flavored with carrots, parsley (this is optional), and again everything is fried for 5 minutes, no more.
Its recipe looks like this:
- 3-4 tsp water you need to stir a couple of tsp. potato starch and set aside;
- In a separate frying pan, mix the pasta and sugar, put it on high heat, heat it up, and add salt. For the desired consistency of the sauce, 150 ml of boiling water is poured into it, and everything is brought to a boil;
- As soon as this happens, vinegar essence is added to the mass, everything is mixed, and it is the turn of the starchy substance. It must be shaken well before putting it in a frying pan. After the next boiling, the fried pork pieces are sent to the hot mass.
By the way, beef in a sweet and sour spicy sauce in Chinese can be cooked in a similar way. But remember that the beef should be young, with a minimum of veins and the first freshness.
recipe for vegetarians
Eggplants cooked in Chinese, that is, in sweet and sour sauce, will become an original appetizer that you will not be ashamed to serve with borscht, herring under a fur coat , and just a sweat a decanter of sake.
Such a versatile dish is prepared from the most primitive set of products, namely:
- a couple of eggplants;
- one large sweet pepper;
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil;
- 2-3 tbsp sugar and the same amount of starch and soy sauce;
- 3-5 tbsp dry wine, which can be replaced with wine vinegar;
- 0.5 tsp dried ginger root;
- a couple of garlic cloves and salt.
The whole cooking process looks like this:
- Eggplants are cut into thick cubes and sprinkled with salt for half an hour, which relieves them of bitterness;
- Then the vegetables are gently squeezed out, dried thoroughly with paper towels and rolled in starch;
- Then the eggplants are fried in vegetable oil until golden brown, and the entire contents of the pan are sent to another container;
- In a dry frying pan and over high heat, you need to fry sweet peppers, chopped into strips for a couple of minutes, then mix it with eggplant;
- So that vegetables are in a sweet marinade, they are poured with a glass of boiling water, soy sauce, vinegar, flavored with ginger and sugar;
- Everything is brought to a boil, removed from the heat, and finely chopped garlic cloves are added to the dish.
cooking fish in sauce
For those on a total diet, a recipe for how to cook fish in a fragrant Chinese-style sweet and sour sauce may come in handy.
This dish is made from the following ingredients:
- 300-400 g white fish fillet;
- 3 tbsp soy sauce;
- 1 eggs;
- 3-4 tbsp starch;
- carrots and onions, 1 pc. each;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tsp fresh or dry ginger;
- 0.5 pod of hot pepper;
- 1 pc. sweet pepper.
Further, the fish of unusual Chinese preparation is done like this:
- Fillet is cut into pieces and marinated for 40 minutes in soy sauce;
- Then starch and an egg are sent to him, everything is mixed well;
- Fish is fried in a deep skillet like a wok, always in vegetable oil;
- The marinade is made like this: in the same pan, mix all the vegetables indicated in the recipe and chop in random order. They are flavored with the prescribed set of spices, and poured with ¼ tbsp. hot water, 1 tsp. starch, a couple of tablespoons. soy sauce, the same amount of sugar, 9% vinegar and ketchup;
- Within three minutes, the vegetable mixture is ready for consumption. It is enough to pour it over the fish, and you can enjoy an unusual, exotic and contradictory taste.
So, to summarize: Eastern cuisine is far from being as mysterious and incomprehensible as we used to think.
And even though Chinese chefs are not very willing to disclose secretsEta, by trial, analogy and error, you can create equally delicious masterpieces.