Gynecologist Busts Common Myths About Tampons | Tampax and Girlology
Can Virgins Use Tampons?
Tampons are an effective and popular means of keeping you active regardless of the phase of your menstrual cycle. Can a virgin use tampons - this question is relevant for both parents and future consumers of a hygiene accessory. Choosing the right brand of tampon and using it skillfully will help prevent damage to your hymen.
The structure of the hymen is fibrous connective tissue with a small number of nerve fibers and thin blood vessels, the location is at the entrance to the vagina closer to the cervix, the indentation is 1-3 cm. Thanks to the hymen, the probability of penetration of pathogenic flora is reduced by 2-3 times.
For the outlet of menstrual blood and the supply of oxygen in the hymen, holes are provided that differ in shape and location - the vagina is not sterile. The size of the central hole is 15-20 mm in diameter. The hymen is also elastic, allowing free movement. Qualitative characteristics are determined by the female personality.
Is it possible lose virginity with tampons
Growing up is accompanied by hormonal changes in the body, which are assessed visually. This process affects the state of internal organs, the work of organic systems changes, and metabolism slows down. The quality of the hymen also changes - the elasticity increases.
All these changes take time, the body adapts to a new status within a year. So much is needed to normalize the menstrual cycle, the girl gets used to the changes, learns to take care of herself. It is advisable to visit a gynecologist at this stage.
The correct choice of tampon eliminates self-defloration and allows you to maintain vital activity.
5 myths from tampons
Teens fear bias due to insufficient information:
- Damage to the hymen. The information that has already been given above completely refutes this opinion, against the background of hormonal changes, the elasticity of the hymen increases, the number of holes and size increase.
- It interferes with normal movement and is painful. If the product is inserted correctly, ensuring complete immobility, there will be no discomfort. Because of this, problems arise - they forget to change tampons on time. We will note the danger of forgetfulness later.
- The hygiene product falls out with active movements. The muscles of the vagina at a young age are developed, elasticity is not compromised, the hygiene item is held securely. Correct installation is the key to reliability.
- attachment is visible to outsiders. There is no need to worry about this, this cannot be. Even if inserted incorrectly, only the lace is visible from the outside, the user feels the inconvenience.
- The tampon will get lost, get stuck, you will have to seek the help of official medicine to remove it Laces are torn off low-quality products - even if this happens, your fingers will help to cope with the problem that has arisen.
All fears are groundless if you master the rules of handling hygiene products.
Deletion is carried out using a similar algorithm:
- wash your hands;
- sit in the position where the tampon was inserted;
- gently and smoothly pull the lace.
The product comes out. Washing and cleaning is not permitted. The hygiene product is intended for single use.
Select first tampons
The choice of hygiene products is huge, represented by products of different brands and sizes, artificial and natural materials are used in the manufacture - it is possible to evaluate convenience and quality only on our own experience. You should not trust the opinions of others and advertisements in a matter that affects your own health, the same material can cause allergic reactions in consumers.
You should start with small hygiene products - the packaging is labeled mini , buy the product at the pharmacy.
Special teenage models have been developed with a delicate coating, increased porosity for absorbing secretions, and a convenient applicator. This helps newbies master the hygiene product.
For virgins, sizes are available mini and norm - marking is indicated on the package.
Norm adsorbs 20 ml of blood by volume, size 15-20 mm in length. The hymen recedes from the entrance to the vagina by 15-30 mm, the probability of rupture is minimal.
- ОВ - the surface is smooth, during manufacture the material is laid in the form of a spiral, which facilitates the introduction. The absorbent effect is increased, the size is compact.
- Original appearance - they open like lipstick, the shell stops the introduction of pathogenic microorganisms. Elastic, flexible, easy to use.
- The size is compact, the coating is smooth, the ease of insertion is ensured by the design.
- Popularity is ensured by properties: parameters and sizes are presented in a wide range, hypoallergenic effect, smooth surface.
Guidelines for using virgin tampons
Recommended use forI am virgins in the first days of the menstrual cycle with increased blood flow. In the future, they switch to gaskets, they will cope with the task. Exceptions: training, swimming pool, need to be present during dress code events.
The constant presence of a tampon in the vagina increases the likelihood of developing inflammatory processes. The statement is not unfounded - the material of the hygiene product has high absorbent properties. This eliminates natural secretions, reduces local immunity, and disrupts the acid-base balance of the vagina.
Therefore, it is required to alternate the use of comfortable hygiene products with pads and replace the first every 3-4 hours.
It is better to install gaskets at night. It is not rational to wake up every 3 hours for a shift.
Virgins are advised to purchase products with markings one drop less than the discharge. It is better to change more often than to expose the body to the danger of reduced immunity.
Dangers of use
When using hygiene products, toxic shock syndrome can develop - a deadly condition that poses a threat to life and health.
Reasons for the development of toxic shock:
- poor-quality hygiene product material;
- introduction of pathogenic flora - Staphylococcus aureus;
- accumulation of vaginal discharge and impaired drainage.
Toxic shock symptoms:
- the temperature rises sharply;
- nausea and vomiting;
- fever and chills;
- disorder of consciousness;
- rash on palms and feet.
All symptoms develop within a short time, the patient loses consciousness after 15 minutes. Failure to provide assistance, death is an irreversible consequence. It is urgent to remove the tampon and call ambulance .
Tampon intolerance is indicated by discomfort after insertion. There is no pain in the vagina, but dizziness appears, pressure decreases. There is no hope that the body will get used to the hygiene product. In this case, only gaskets are used.