Homemade Kvass - Special Guest Episode - English Subtitles
Can i drink kvass during pregnancy?
When a woman is in an interesting position, many of her usual things change. At this time, her entire body is associated with the developing fetus, so many changes occur, and you need to monitor not only your health, but also the state of the unborn child.
Some foods have to be temporarily excluded from the diet. Sometimes the question arises as to whether it is possible to use kvass during pregnancy so as not to harm the baby. Let's try to figure it out further.
Can pregnant women drink kvass?
The main question is whether a woman can drink kvass during pregnancy. This product is very specific, so an ambiguous situation arises. The main aspect that worries expectant mothers is the alcohol content in the drink.
The fact is that the beloved drink of the people is the result of fermentation, and therefore a certain percentage of the alcohol content accumulates in it, which can negatively affect the development of the fetus. Nevertheless, it must be borne in mind that its amount remains insignificant, which means that it does not harm the baby in the womb.
In general, the use of a foamy drink is allowed. Many doctors do not practice eliminating a product from the diet as a categorical condition. However, during pregnancy and lactation, you should limit its intake. For example, in the summer heat, okroshka or a glass of drink a day is the norm, but regular significant doses are too much.
It is important to take into account that in the early stages there are fewer restrictions on this, but in the last trimester it is better to abandon it altogether. You can, of course, ignore this recommendation, but this increases certain risks in relation to the fetus and the process of childbirth itself.
Benefits of kvass
As an argument allowing pregnant women to drink it, its beneficial properties can be considered. The drink not only has a very pleasant taste, but is also rich in various vitamins, amino acids and trace elements.
- An energetically valuable product. Allows you to restore energy and good mood. However, you do not run the risk of gaining weight quickly due to its yeast content.
- Useful in composition. Vitamins strengthen the immunity of not only the mother, but also the child. In addition, kvass helps to replenish the calcium supply, which is especially important for pregnant women. GoodThanks to moderate consumption of the drink, nails and hair, tooth enamel, bones and cartilage are strengthened. It also improves the condition of blood vessels.
- Has a positive effect on the digestive tract. Light fermentation can be beneficial for the intestinal tract. Microorganisms normalize the state of the microflora, getting directly to the intestines. This drink has a mild laxative effect, prevents the development of dysbiosis, improves peristalsis.
- Strengthens the immune system. The effect extends not only to the woman, but also to her baby in the womb.
If you drink kvass during pregnancy in the very early stages, you can strengthen your body and fetus. It will also prepare the expectant mother for a partial loss of calcium, which is important for such a situation. And okroshka is just a tasty and nutritious dish. But do not forget that at this time you need to eat all products in moderation.
In order not to harm yourself and your child with your gastronomic addictions, you should adhere to the doctor's recommendations and coordinate such issues with him. In some cases, drinking kvass is simply impossible due to the individual characteristics of the organism.
There are such contraindications in this regard:
- tendency to swelling;
- gastrointestinal diseases in the active phase;
- tendency to gas production;
- unstable uterine tone;
If none of these conditions is observed, in general, pregnant women can eat kvass or dishes such as okroshka, but in moderation. At the same time, it should be borne in mind that taking kvass during pregnancy in a later period can lead to some complications.
First of all, this is edema, which can affect the complication of childbirth, as well as fermentation processes in the intestines. Excessive gassing is the smallest harm that can be observed. Sometimes there is a risk of premature birth, miscarriage or increased uterine tone.
Also, note that if homemade is a proven natural product, then a purchased drink can be a real poison for you and for the fetus. Bottled products mainly contain powder additives, artificial colors and flavors. A barrel, in general, can be sold in violation of sanitary standards: sour, in an unwashed container, with various impurities, etc.
What kind of kvass to drink for pregnant women
In order for kvass to be beneficial during pregnancy, and not harm you and the health of the unborn baby, you need to know which drink you can drink, and which one is better to give up for a while. It is important for a woman in a position to consume only fresh and natural products.
As already mentioned, purchased drinks should be discarded. They are saturated with preservatives, flavors and are not always made from natural raw materials. Mostly it is diluted porea shock that has nothing to do with the actual product. Some manufacturers add antibiotics to it, which is incredibly dangerous for women in position.
The best choice is a homemade drink made with your own hands. This way you will be able to control the fermentation process and be one hundred percent sure that the product is safe for consumption and consists only of acceptable ingredients that will definitely not harm the fruit.
Another important point: if you notice that the drink has a suspicious taste or color, it should also be discarded. The expectant mother should not risk it, because the poisoning will definitely affect the whole body, including the child.
Signs of spoilage of the drink can be considered a bitter aftertaste, excessive precipitation, sudden cloudiness of the liquid, as well as a pungent smell and rich yeast aftertaste. All of this indicates that the product has undergone changes that turned it into fermented swill.
Okroshka, beloved by many, should also be prepared only from fresh natural products. It is important to check not only the kvass, but also the rest of the ingredients.
homemade kvass during pregnancy
If you really want to enjoy a cooling product, start preparing it yourself. Since you can drink homemade kvass during pregnancy, this is the best option. In addition, it is much tastier and healthier than its purchased counterparts.
To make it you can take the following recipe:
- To prepare a drink, prepare rye bread croutons in the oven. If you want to darken it, you need to wait until they are browned. You can also add wheat bread and other baked goods. For 5 liters, 700 grams will be enough.
- Pour boiling water over them and leave to infuse for an average of 3-4 hours. After that, strain the wort and add 15 g of yeast diluted in warm water to the kvass, as well as a little sugar, about 150 grams. For a more interesting taste, you can add a few mint leaves, but not more than 10 grams.
- Cover the mixture with a clean towel and place in a warm place to ferment overnight. After 10-12 hours, foam forms on the surface. You need to remove it and strain the kvass. D
- For convenience, pour it into 1 liter bottles, add a few raisins to each container and place them, tightening the lids, in the refrigerator or other cool place after a preliminary three-hour warm.
- After three days, the drink will be ready to drink. The raisins will add carbonation and a pleasant aftertaste. For a richer and spicy drink, you can reuse the strained bread mass.
If you want to eat okroshka on homemade kvass during pregnancy, take only proven products for it. Cucumbers should not containnitrates, as these substances can seriously harm the fetus. The quality of the sausage also matters.
Take this issue seriously, at least while carrying your baby.
With moderate portions and proper selection of products, kvass during early pregnancy will be very useful for the expectant mother.