How to Make the Best Cabbage Salad - Red Cabbage Salad with Apple
Cabbage salad: recipes
Cabbage is such a common product that no one thinks about its amazing usefulness. But it is in this vegetable that all the vitamins that a person needs for normal life and preservation of working capacity are concentrated.
Why cabbage is useful ?
The most familiar to us is exactly white cabbage, which in its fresh state becomes an inexhaustible resource for obtaining vitamin C. And in such a form that does not break down in the human body for a long time.
In addition, plain cabbage salad satisfies our need for the following substances:
- folic acid, which is especially important for the expectant mother;
- manganese and more.
The value of cabbage lies in the fact that it does not need to be cooked in any specific or complex ways, this is extremely important in the modern rhythm of life.
Even an ordinary recipe for fresh cabbage salad can become a source of the following components, which are extremely important for humans:
- Vitamin C, deficiency of which immediately provokes chills, increased fatigue, frequent colds and decreased attention;
- Vitamin B1, which is able to assist in losing weight, which is done by burning fat and normalizing the metabolic process;
- Vitamin K, the main value of which is the ability to increase the quality indicators of blood and the degree of its coagulability;
- Vitamin PP, which can improve the work of the digestive tract. This element is retained in the vegetable even after it has survived canning or heat treatment;
- Vitamin U, without which the smooth course of diseases such as duodenal or stomach ulcers is impossible.
the benefits of different cabbage
Our citizen is most used to white cabbage, which is best consumed in its raw state. To improve the taste, the vegetable is salted, flavored with spices, or a dressing is made for it from lemon juice, olive oil and mustard.
But there is a huge selection of other cabbage on store shelves, which is an unforgivable task to ignore.
Let's try to get to know better:
- Savoy. Strengthens the nervous and fooddigestive system, improves the quality of the skin and is a source of vitamins B6 and E;
- Redhead. It should be used to prepare salad , which will help to cope with skin and cardiovascular problems, will be beneficial for colds and flu;
- Beijing or Chinese. Provides folic acid and vitamin C to the body. It is well digested and considered a dietary product. It should be used for making vitamin salads with apples and oranges;
- Kohlrabi. It is a resource for obtaining sulfur, fructose, calcium, glucose and potassium. Serves as an excellent diuretic and cleanser. When making snacks, it is customary to supplement kohlrabi with fresh cucumber , greens, carrots and onions;
- Brussels and broccoli. It is rarely served fresh, but stewed or steamed is a delicious and healthy dish.
Cabbage salad for a young nursing mother is an inexhaustible storehouse of important trace elements and minerals that help to recover from childbirth and regain its former shape. However, according to the advice of nutritionists and obstetricians, nursing women should consume this product with extreme caution, introducing small doses into their diet.
And it's not that it is aggressive towards the digestive tract, just cabbage salad with salted or fresh cucumber often provokes belching, gas and bloating.
The maximum harm this vegetable can cause to a newborn is allergic reactions. You can find out about them only through trial and error, which makes mothers extremely suspicious of their usual dishes.
So, for example, the first cabbage salad with bell pepper should be tried only a couple of weeks after delivery, but it is better to wait for three months. If your baby reacts to your vegetable experiments with colic, bloating or stool disturbances, put the cabbage aside for at least six months.
Experts in breastfeeding recommend that cabbage is not eaten raw, but stewed. But fermented or sour, it is completely forbidden to young mothers, although it has antibacterial properties.
Such a vegetable brings its benefits not only in the form of cabbage salad. If you attach cabbage leaves to the breast, it is quite possible to get rid of the most common breastfeeding problems: mastitis, breast inflammation and engorgement, milk stagnation andother.
Cabbage has earned the status of an honored guest on our tables, if only due to the minimum list of restrictions on its consumption.
It is completely disabled when:
- spasms and bowel diseases, enterocolitis and other gastrointestinal problems, in which excessive bloating and spasms cause severe pain;
- suffered heart attacks;
- any pathological conditions of the stomach.
Cabbage salad or other similar preparation for the winter will not be required for those people who have a constant and high level of acidity.
But this vegetable has one more attractive side, or rather, two. The first is its cheapness, and the second is just a myriad of cooking options. It is already clear that your favorite dressing for fresh cabbage salad will completely change the original taste of the product, and make it more original and appetizing.
But housewives prefer the fact that cabbage salad recipes for the coming winter are simple, affordable, satisfying and varied.
So, for the winter you can stock up on sauerkraut, cabbage with peppers, eggplants, tomatoes, cucumbers and even rice, with mushrooms and garlic, with plums and apples, just with seasonings and much more.
The minimum calorie content of fresh or canned cabbage salad is also pleasing, which will have the best effect on your figure and well-being. For reference, the calorie content of 100 grams of this product is only 27 kcal.