How to Make Ragù Bolognese (Northern Italia Meat Sauce)
Bolognese sauce for the winter: an Italian dish on your table
Almost every lover of gourmet cuisine or gourmet knows such a famous sauce as Bolognese, someone even prepares it for the winter for future use. This is an Italian dish, but now it is known almost all over the world.
Bolognese was originally created as an addition to pasta or tagliatella in Italy, but nowadays it is used with many other dishes. The sauce owes its beautiful name to the town of Bologna, which is famous for its culinary experts.
Despite its name, this sauce can be made in your kitchen and enjoyed throughout the winter.
Why exactly Bolognese sauce for the winter?
Modern housewives prefer to choose dishes that do not require a lot of time, given the high employment of today's women. You need to manage not only to become a successful lady, but also to be able to feed your family deliciously. And the Bolognese sauce, oddly enough, is quite simple to prepare.
Preparing such a dish for the winter will allow you to enjoy excellent taste at a family dinner on cold winter evenings. The simplicity of preparation allows even a person who is far from a culinary master to prepare the sauce.
The most important thing is to find a suitable recipe and follow the instructions. What else attracts housewives in this sauce is the possibility of frozen food for the winter. It keeps quite well in the freezer for several months.
Famous Bolognese Sauce Recipes
First I would like to present the recipe for a classic sauce, which is prepared by culinary masters in Italy.
Here's what you need to prepare to get creative in the kitchen:
- 30 ml olive oil;
- thirty grams of good animal oil;
- onion head;
- a couple of carrots;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- kilogram of minced veal;
- a glass of Shardanet wine;
- half a liter of full-fat milk;
- a jar of tomatoes in its juice;
- a glass of beef broth;
- 125 grams of bacon;
- some celery stalks;
- salt and pepper to taste.
All components are ready, you can start cooking:
- Place both types of oils in a saucepan and put on fire.
- Once everything is melted, add the rest of the vegetables and fry for a few minutes.
- Then add the jerky bacon and leave on the stove for another 10 minutes.
- Make the fire to the maximum and put the minced meat, stir constantly so that there are no lumps. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn the fire down, add wine.
- Grind the tomatoes, place them with milk, broth, salt and pepper in our future sauce.
- Make the fire very small and simmer our mixture for about 4 hours, slightly covering it with a lid.
- Stir occasionally, if the composition is too thick, you can add a little broth.
- Add spices and bay leaves before cooking.
You can use the sauce immediately after cooking as an excellent addition to pasta or potatoes, and it is also a good option to leave such a preparation for the winter.
Another interesting recipe for Bolognese sauce for the winter from Julia Vysotskaya. This culinary TV host is known for her masterful handling of food and utensils in the kitchen. She slightly modified the classic recipe and brought something of her own.
To implement the recipe you will need:
- 2 onions and 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. l. olive oil;
- one carrot;
- 25 grams of animal oil;
- 250 grams of minced pork and beef;
- slightly larger than a glass of white wine;
- the same amount of milk;
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, if not, then it can be replaced with tomato sauce, but take a little more;
- 900 grams of tomatoes;
- salt and spices.
Step-by-step instructions for preparing a blank for the winter looks like this:
- Place both types of oil in a saucepan with thick walls and put on fire.
- When the butter is melted, add vegetables, except tomatoes, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then the time comes to add the minced meat, it must be well mixed with vegetables, fry for about 15 minutes.
- Pour out the milk, add a little heat, stirring to achieve a complete combination of all components.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce or pasta.
- Season with salt, add spices, bring to a boil and hold for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, cover a little, leave to simmer for 2 hours, stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Ready-to-eat sauce should be thick and shiny.
This recipe allows you to prepare a dish that can be eaten immediately or left as a preparation for the winter. To do this, you need to cool it down and freeze it in portioned glasses.
Harvesting for the winter may not be as a ready-made sauce, but only in the form of a tomato base, then at any time you can prepare a dish from it.
This will require:
- 3.5 kg peeled tomatoes;
- a glass of tomato paste;
- a pound of onions;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 1 head of garlic;
- 35 ml olive oil;
- bunch of basil;
- 45 grams of salt;
- seasonings to taste;
- 5 tablespoons of wine vinegar;
- paprika 2 tablespoons.
This recipe requires the following steps:
- Cut the tomatoes, put in a container and put on the fire.
- After boiling, make the fire low and cook until the mass is reduced by a third.
- Fry the onions and garlic.
- Combine tomato paste with liquid from tomatoes, add to a frying pan to vegetables.
- Add sugar, salt and then gradually add spices.
- After adding the paprika, boil for a few minutes.
- Chop the herbs and add and add the onion-garlic mixture.
- Mix everything thoroughly, add wine vinegar.
- Leave on the stove for a few more minutes, then put in hot sterilized jars, roll up.
This recipe allows you to quickly prepare Bolognese sauce to the delight of your family or guests, even in winter.
For making the sauce, you can choose absolutely any recipe, the dish always turns out to be fragrant with an amazing taste. You can add something of your own and get the original recipe.
Secrets of Sauce Making
To enjoy the amazing taste of a dish, you must not only choose a recipe, cook according to the instructions, but also follow some recommendations. They will help you get the dish 100% winning.
Here are some tips from experienced chefs:
- To obtain a harmonious taste, it is advisable to use a combination of beef and pork. The first meat adds flavor and the pork makes the sauce more tender.
- To make the sauce no worse than that of famous masters, you must not only use their recipe, but also select the highest quality products.
- The stewing time should not be less than 2 hours; the more time the sauce spends on the stove, the better its taste. Such a preparation for the winter, no doubt, will stand until spring.
- It is undesirable to add wine and milk together, it is better to do this in turn.
- The blank can be made in advance, it can be perfectly stored in the refrigerator for several days. Freezing will not spoil the taste of the dish in any way, on the contrary, the longer the workpiece is in the freezer, the richer the taste.
This sauce with an original and unusual name is quite amenable to cooking not only by culinary masters, but also by ordinary housewives in the kitchen.
Do not be afraid that it will not work out - it is simply impossible not to get a fragrant and amazingly tasty dish from such a combination of products. Dare to delight your loved ones!