3 BEST Home Remedy for COUGH,CONGESTION, COLD|How to stop COUGHING in 5 min|घरेलू नुस्खा खांसी के
Best home remedy for dry cough
Diseases of a cold nature are often accompanied by a dry cough, it brings torment and discomfort to the patient. To alleviate the condition, various mucolytic and expectorant drugs are taken. And if there is little effect from them, then inhalation is used to treat dry cough.
Benefits of inhalation
As a rule, we always try to cure colds with the help of pills, injections, potions, but we do not think much about the fact that they all have side effects.
Medication is certainly effective, but not always safe.
Dry cough inhalation is the safest and most gentle way to treat colds that affect the respiratory system. They have the highest effect and healing effect. This method greatly facilitates the patient's condition
The use of medical inhalations when the first symptoms of the disease appear will help shorten the duration of the disease itself, facilitate the release of sputum, mitigate the development of the pathological process, reduce coughing attacks and recover faster.
Unlike pills, when inhaled, drugs effectively affect the mucous membrane of the respiratory system, after these procedures, sputum begins to leave much faster, spasms decrease.
Procedures can be done using the old old-fashioned methods, or using a nebulizer. Inhalation for dry cough with the use of a nebulizer is especially popular today because it is the most effective.
Medicinal solutions are sprayed into small particles, which are converted into a vaporous state. When inhaled, they enter and act on the mucous membrane of the respiratory system. In this case, they affect large areas from the larynx and reach the bronchioles, thereby affecting the lower parts.
Types of inhalation
Inhalation procedures are divided into several types - natural and artificial.
- The natural way is the inhalation of air, which is filled with trace elements, phytoncides, useful elements. Such air is usually found in the mountains, near the sea, in coniferous forests. This method can be attributed more to the prevention of diseases associated with breathing. It improves immunity, raises the tone of the body, helps in the fight against chronic diseases, ohhas a firming effect.
- Artificial method - special preparations and devices are used here. They can be used not only in the physiotherapy room, but also at home. Steam, dry, wet treatments can be used at home.
Nebulizer inhalation procedures are the most common treatment for colds, particularly severe coughs.
This device can be ultrasonic and compression.
Drugs are injected into the respiratory system through it:
- bronchodilators with Berotek, Berodual, Atroven ;
- mucolytics - Lazolvan, Pulmozyme ;
- antibiotics and antiseptics - Fluimucil, Furacilin ;
- phytopreparations - Rotokan ;
- mineral water - Borjomi ;
With a strong dry cough with a nebulizer, asthma attacks are excellent.
The action of the drug softens, relieves the inflammatory process. All solutions should be sterile and at room temperature, so they will do the most good. With a mild cough, inhalation with saline is done. If the attacks are severe, the doctor prescribes more potent drugs.
The most popular is a compressor nebulizer, because more drugs can be used for it than for an ultrasonic one. Such a device can be used even for newborn babies. The solution is sprayed by means of a compressor and converted into an aerosol cloud. And it, in turn, with the help of a mask penetrates the respiratory tract and produces a healing effect.
However, not all medicines are suitable for compressor inhalers. So, for example, you cannot use herbal infusions and decoctions, because pieces of grass can clog the holes. Solutions with essential oils, syrups are not suitable. Do not have a medicinal effect on the mucous membranes of the respiratory system. Diphenhydramine, Eufilin, Papaverine .
For what diseases is it effective to do cough inhalation at home?
- acute respiratory diseases;
- chronic pathologies of the respiratory tract (bronchitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, asthma);
- laryngitis, laryngotracheitis, tracheitis;
- allergic cough.
During pregnancy, cough inhalation is also indicated. Only in this case it is necessary to use drugs that are not prohibited for use during the gestation period. If the procedure is carried out correctly, the disease will pass faster, the edema will be relieved, it will become easier to cough up, the phlegm will pass away faster.
Therapeutic inhalation with Berodual for dry cough
Berodual is often used in the development of bronchial asthma, diseases of the respiratory system. The product contains ipratropium bromide and phenoterol. They relax the muscles of the bronchi, improve mucus production, alleviate the condition, and relieve seizures. The effect lasts six hours.
But this drug should not be used in children under 6 years old, with glaucoma, arrhythmias, during pregnancy. Under the supervision of a physician, the drug is used for diabetes, coronary insufficiency, pressure.
A solution for inhalation procedures is used in a dosage of 2-8 drops 3-6 times a day. The procedure should be repeated no earlier than two hours later. If a nebulizer is used, then the medicine is mixed with saline solution (3 ml) and 4 drops of the solution itself. Time 5-7 minutes.
What are the contraindications for procedures with a nebulizer
Treatment procedures cannot be performed if available:
- high fever, above 37.7;
- nosebleeds and coughing up blood;
- individual intolerance and allergy to the drugs added to the device;
- serious diseases associated with the heart and blood vessels.
- conditions after cerebral stroke or myocardial infarction;
- cerebral atherosclerosis, in which blood circulation in the brain is impaired;
- grade 3 respiratory failure;
- bullous emphysema;
- recurrent pneumothorax.
Before starting treatment in this way, it is better to consult a doctor and find out if you have any contraindications to such procedures.
How to do inhalation correctly
- The procedure should be carried out only after eating and physical activity, after 1.5 hours.
- It is not worth doing it if there are contraindications that we described above.
- Use only those drugs prescribed by the doctor in compliance with the dosage.
- The treatment time for children is up to 3 minutes, 2 times a day. For adults 5-10 minutes.
- Afterward, you must not eat, drink or smoke for an hour.
- If it is an ENT disease, then inhale through the mouth and nose.
- If this is a steam procedure, then inhale and hold for 2-3 seconds, then exhale.
- Clothes should not be tight, so as not to interfere with the respiratory process.
- It is better to treat with peace and quiet.
- Obligatory disinfection of the nebulizer before use.
- Do not use oil solutions in the ultrasonic device.
A cold, of course, is an unpleasant disease, which is often accompanied by nasal congestion, runny nose, coughing fits, and fever. For its treatment, many resort to antibiotics and other medications. However, not all pills can quickly relieve coughing attacks.
Inhalation procedures are the most effective and efficient way in this case. They can be done both in the physiotherapy booth and at home using a nebulizer or a regular pan. With the help of such procedures, you can quickly get rid of the common cold,cabins in the lowest parts of the respiratory system, relieving inflammation and stopping attacks.
Different medicines are used for treatment, which are prescribed by a doctor. It can be antibiotics in solutions, mucolytic, antiseptic agents. But, before starting treatment at home on your own, it is better to consult a doctor in order to avoid complications. Because there may be contraindications to the use of this method of treatment.
For the treatment of colds in children, it is necessary to consult a doctor, because only he should select the dosage and names of drugs. The only safe way to do this is with saline or mineral water.