Easy Banana Jam | One Pot Chef
Back in the 90s of the twentieth century, bananas were not very common exotic fruits. They were very rarely bought, although they were very much loved. Nowadays, they have become so popular that even some of our local fruits have been relegated to the background.
Various goodies are prepared from the fruit: pies, muffins, preserves for the winter and mashed potatoes. In most cases, it is fried, boiled, baked, and dried. But one of the most unusual and delicious uses of this fruit is making jam.
You will need the following ingredients to make the jam:
- kilogram of fruit without peel;
- 2 cups sugar;
- a glass of water;
- 1/2 teaspoon citric acid.
Quickly and simply prepare a sweet dessert. Cut the fruit into rings. Boil water with sugar, add pulp. We cook for an hour. Five minutes before we pour the banana jam into jars, add acid to dilute the sweetness.
We sterilize the jars in the oven at 100 degrees, boil the lids. Store the finished product in a cool dark place.
Melon and banana jam
The cooking process takes about a day. The result will amaze you with its aroma, harmonious taste.
- 800 grams of melon;
- 3 bananas;
- 2 cups sugar;
- 3 lemons.
In the evening, peel and seed the melon, cut the flesh into small cubes, add sugar, put the pan in the refrigerator.
The next day, pour a glass of water there, set it to cook for seven minutes. Then add sliced banana, lemon (thinly rings and without peel).
Cook melon and banana jam on a small fire until thick and transparent.
You need to cook for about twenty minutes, since these fruits are very soft and tender, you should not digest. We roll up a wonderful banana jam for the winter and enjoy it in the cold!
Why eat bananas
Before you cook somethingfrom this fruit, for example, banana and kiwi jam, you need to know how the yellow fruit is useful.
It has only tasty soft pulp, but useful properties. This is a hypoallergenic fruit, so everyone, from small children to old people, can use it. This fruit is especially recommended for patients, since the substances it contains help to increase immunity, improve mood, and replenish physical strength after heavy exertion.
Women during critical days, carrying a child and during his feeding period must definitely eat bananas. Its properties allow you to reduce anxiety, have restful sleep, and also strengthen hair, nails, skeletal system and heart muscles. Your skin will become smooth, beautiful, its water balance will be restored, problem areas will heal quickly, provided that it is used regularly.
But it should be remembered that they thicken the blood, which can lead to thrombosis of veins and arteries, are slowly digested, so you need to eat them one hour after eating. If you eat before eating, be sure to stand for a while so as not to cause bloating.
Banana and Kiwi Jam
The dessert consists of the following ingredients:
- 5 kiwi;
- 200 grams of sugar;
- 2 bananas;
- 3 spoons of lemon juice;
- a spoonful of gelatin.
Peel the yellow fruit and kiwi, cut into pieces. Grind with a blender, but only a little. Then fill it with sweet sugar, gelatin, pour the juice. After mixing, boil for five minutes after boiling.
An hour later we repeat the five-minute cooking.
Pour the ready-made banana and kiwi jam into jars. We use it to raise the mood.
Orange and Banana Jam
Such a sweet exotic mixture is the best way to improve health in case of vitamin deficiency and colds. We need to buy two kilograms of oranges, bananas and sugar. However, you can use a little less sugar if you like sweeter and sour taste.
Let's get started:
- Peel the fruit and remove the white film and seeds from the oranges. Cut them into circles and cut oranges in half.
- First put the orange fruit in an enamel bowl, and yellow on top. Fall asleep with sugar. Bring to a boil over low heat, then stir.
- Cook for 40 minutes, periodically remove the noise foam.
- Rinse the jars with warm soda water, pasteurize over steam for twenty minutes each.
- Jam from oranges and bananas is quickly packed in jars to the very top, rolled up. We leave to cool down. Then we hide it in the cellar for the winter.
How to save banana jam for the winter
There are simple rules for making banana jam:
- You can't skimp on sugar and fruit quality. Their integrity,freshness or spoilage can be reflected in the taste and aroma of the jam. Sugar will prevent this dessert from becoming moldy or sour.
- Do not digest, as all the benefits of the fruit will be lost. And banana jam in general won't look natural. As soon as it becomes transparent, immediately remove from heat, use or cover.
- That sweet dessert is well prepared that has the same consistency. That is, the fruits do not float, do not lie on the bottom, but are evenly distributed in the syrup.
- If it already happened that the jam for the winter became moldy during storage, then we quickly remove it, and use the dessert or use it as a filling before baking.
- Candied dessert shouldn't be thrown away. Digest it with a little water, roll it up hot in clean jars.
Apple and Banana Jam
- apples - two kilograms;
- bananas - one kilogram;
- sugar - 0.7 kilograms;
- water - 100 ml.
Usually apples need to be cooked for a long time, but despite this, apple and banana jam can be quickly cooked here. To do this, we put peeled, chopped apples into a saucepan, pour water, cook.
Then add the slices of bananas with sugar to the apples. When the sugar has dissolved, pour everything into a blender and grind. Cook for another 20 minutes. Let's roll it up.
Banana and pear jam
- 400 grams of yellow fruit;
- 600 grams of pears;
- 600 grams of sugar;
- half a glass of water;
- half a spoonful of citric acid.
We clean the pears, cut them. Dissolve sugar, acid in boiling water, put pears in syrup, cook for 10 minutes. Place the yellow fruit, cut into circles, next to the pears.
Cook for 5 minutes on the first day, skimming off the foam.
Then we set aside for a day. On the second day, cook for 20 minutes. Ready-made banana and pear jam can be served immediately for tea or rolled up in jars.
Here you see how many sweet desserts you can make in the form of jam, where the main ingredient is banana! All of them are delicious and go well with any sweet table. Bon appetit!