How does Niacin (B3) Work? (+ Pharmacology)
A nicotinic acid
Nicotinic acid is a drug that belongs to vitamin derivatives of pharmacology and has a number of effects on the human body, which makes it effective for various diseases.
Its positive effect on the body:
- normalization of metabolic processes, restoration of neural structure;
- is responsible for carbohydrate and lipid metabolism;
- injections and pills restore impaired blood supply to areas of the body and brain;
- vasodilation, which, in turn, contributes to the normalization of oxidative processes and oxygen metabolism;
- has a detoxifying effect on poisoning and alcohol consumption.
Not all the positive effects of nicotine are listed here!
Indications for the use of nicotinic acid
Nicotine preparations have extensive indications for use, they can be taken for the prevention of many diseases and for medicinal purposes.
Nicotinic acid is used for medicinal purposes in the following conditions and diseases:
- osteochondrosis of the vertebral columns of various departments;
- ischemic strokes;
- disorders of cerebral circulation;
- glucose intolerance disorders;
- circulatory disorders in the lower extremities;
- lipid metabolism disorders and obesity;
- for liver diseases;
- alcohol intoxication;
- drug intoxication;
- professional intoxication;
- trophic ulcer of the lower extremities;
- decreased vision.
For prophylaxis it is used for the purpose of:
- reduce the risk of cancer;
- rapid breakdown of fats and a decrease in the intake of fatty acids in the body;
- for gastritis with low acidity;
- removal of hemorrhoid symptoms;
- improve vision and memory;
- accelerating fat breakdown during weight loss.
When using nicotinic acid, you need to be under the supervision of a competent doctor. Self-treatment is unacceptable due to the fact that there may be negative consequences. So, in case of an overdose, the drug causes irreparable damage to health.
Nicotinic acid vitamins find non-standard use for skin rejuvenation and renewalbody and face, in many beauty salons. This method is justified only if it is carried out under the supervision of a specialist.
Nicotine in this case has different indications, but the principle of action is very simple.
The drug itself has an exceptional ability:
- dilate blood vessels of the circulatory system;
- increases the supply of oxygen to the tissue;
- increases the removal and outflow of free radicals, toxins from skin cells.
On the human body, all this has a rejuvenating effect, which is most noticeable on the skin: the skin is smooth, moisturized with a pleasant pink tint.
Nicotinic acid tablets
Nicotinic acid tablets are used for long-term treatment and for the prevention of certain diseases.
They are recommended to be used twice a year (in autumn and spring) for people with circulatory problems of the lower extremities, as well as with thrombophlebitis and venous insufficiency.
This drug is used depending on the severity of the disease and the weight of the person from 1 to 2 tablets 3 times a day. At this time, it is advisable to introduce methionine-rich foods into the diet, this will protect the liver. People with high acidity should be taken after meals with mineral water or warm milk.
Nicotinic acid injections
Nicotine injections help to quickly enter this drug into the body, evenly distributing it, and also help to avoid irritation of the gastric mucosa.
They are assigned when:
- increased acidity;
- disorders of cerebral circulation;
- pain syndromes of the nerve and spine;
- attacks of hemorrhoids;
Nicotinic acid is produced in ampoules of 1 ml of 1% solution. Usually prescribed in an ampoule intramuscularly, subcutaneously or intravenously, one or two times a day.
Nicotinic acid side effects
It can cause, especially on an empty stomach, redness of the face, dizziness, nettle rash, a feeling of numbness in the extremities, with a quick introduction into the solution, blood pressure can decrease. These phenomena go away on their own.
- individual intolerance;
- liver disease;
- liver failure;
- gastric ulcer;
- blood pressure.
It is contraindicated in a number of individual cases, which can only be determined by a doctor, as well as in the case of cerebral hemorrhage and bleeding.
Nicotine is a vitamin that has a sufficient number of side effects and contraindications, before you start taking it, always consult your doctor.