All About Garden Structure | Garden Home (1012)
11 important facts about white mustard gardeners need to know
It's time to clean up the late vegetables and send them to storage. White siderate mustard should be sown as soon as potatoes and other vegetables are harvested, it is an excellent green fertilizer for tired soil.
When and why sow white mustard as green manure?
- First of all, after splitting in the ground, the plant biomass will become an easily digestible fertilizer, and the soil will be replenished with humus and organic matter. In cultivated soil, white mustard suppresses the development of weeds and fights against them. Culture actively heals and nourishes the earth;
- because of the essential oils it contains, the plant serves as a prophylactic against the accumulation of pests: for example, slugs, pea moth and wireworm. As well as fungal infectious diseases: for example, potato scab and rhizoctonia;
- for the soil, mustard serves as a fertilizer, improves and enhances the living environment of soil microorganisms and worms, in the decomposed state it serves as food for them. This results in high yields;
- since mustard is a cruciferous plant, it is used not only as a fertilizer, but also as a melliferous crop. The plant is prized for its rapid growth and high mass build-up during a short cold period. When the plant is in bloom, it attracts beneficial insects;
- after decomposition in the soil, it is a highly digestible fertilizer, but inferior to leguminous green manure in the presence of nitrogen, therefore, as a green manure, mustard will be more effective when mixed with legumes;
- white mustard - green manure perfectly structures, loosens and drains the soil, thereby increasing its moisture capacity and air permeability. The roots of the plant penetrate deep into the ground, up to three meters deep. This crop is designed to protect the land from wind and water erosion in the spring and autumn, and if the plant is not harvested, then in the winter;
- the plant is able to trap snow, which leads to less freezing of the ground and greater accumulation of liquid;
- crops of white mustard, can be given to rabbits, cattle and other animals. In terms of nutritional values, the plant is not inferior to compound feed, and is valued for a large amount of protein in the fall. Young and not yet blooming greens can be given to rabbits and not be afraid that they may get sick. Its essential drawback is the absence of many biologically active substances, vitamins, as well as the presence of toxic glucosides and oils. The older the plant becomes, the more harmful it is a hundredbeing updated;
- the crop is sown in early spring 30 days before planting potatoes. It is not recommended to sow cabbage at the planting site, because these mustard and cabbage are of the cruciferous family. Also a good seeding season, in autumn until mid-September, in spring you can sow until late April;
- crops sprout in three to four days. For forage and green fertilizer, sow up to 150 g per one hundred square meters, in rows. It is recommended to leave a width of 15-20 cm between the rows. When sowing seeds by hand, or at the 20th of August, it is used up to 400 g. For honey collection and obtaining seeds, sow in rows;
- White mustard seeds are sown when the potatoes are completely harvested. Sowing is recommended immediately after harvesting the main crop. This will prevent the loss of shade moisture and prevent the ground from drying out.
When is the white siderat mustard removed?
- After one and a half months after sowing, the plant reaches 15-20 cm. It is mowed or pruned (as it is convenient for anyone), previously watered with a solution of em-preparations. Thanks to a special solution, the fermentation process is accelerated and a favorable microbiological condition is created, which leads to the enrichment of the earth with trace elements and nutrients.
Particular attention should be paid to the climatic conditions in which the land is located. The fact is that the processes of decay and humification take place only with an abundant water supply. If your site is in an arid region, then green manure will be effective with abundant watering. If there are recurrent droughts in your area, then watering should only be done during droughts.
- Mustard essential oil is used to prevent colds. For hypothermia, mustard powder is used. It is used as a rub for sore joints and sciatic nerve inflammation. Good for otitis media and toothaches;
- is used to cleanse the skin, it can eliminate bruises, bruises and bruises. It prevents the process of decay and fermentation. Regular consumption of it in food helps to reduce weight, because it contains a substance that breaks down fats;
- ready-made mustard white is used in masks to accelerate hair growth and prevent hair loss. With increased fat content at the hair roots, it is recommended to use masks containing mustard powder;
- is used in professionalfor ilactic purposes in cardiovascular diseases;
- mustard powder is widely used in everyday life, as a dishwashing detergent;
- In folk medicine, mustard seeds are recommended for heartburn and gastritis. Seeds are taken in a course of one grain per day, increasing the number of grains daily to 20 pieces, after the grain they are used in the reverse order;
- is widely used in cooking, grains are used to make sauces, pastes and mustard oil. Mustard powder is an essential part of various mayonnaises. As a seasoning, it is more used in the preparation of meat dishes and dishes from offal.
It is not recommended to consume and apply mustard for lung disease (tuberculosis), kidney inflammation, high acidity, gastric ulcer and gastritis. People with allergic diseases and prone to them. For varicose veins, it is generally not recommended to do foot baths.
The use of mustard plasters is contraindicated for pustular skin diseases, psoriasis, terry eczema and hemorrhagic strokes. It is strictly forbidden to give it to children under 2 years old.